Hiker's Basement 2.0 - Multiple Strain - Perpetual - Now With LEDs!

FYI, check out my sig for another video. I reviewed my vape pen.

thanks guys. I know the vid is kinda short. I'll do more now that I got a sort of work flow for them :blalol:

I can spare the time to watch the short ones but not the long ones Hiker.

Cool videos!!! Wow what a room!!! ... rooms!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hello Hiker, nice vedio :thumb: Can I say I just love your voice? :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm happy you stopped by my journal Sara :circle-of-love:
Yes, you can say that. :) I thank you for the compliment. :Namaste:

sweet video man,I prefer them short and to the point.

why no white walls in the flower room??

With c on that one. Sure that's an upcoming addition.

If you look at Flower A, there is panda film on the walls. At one time my flowering plants were against the walls on this part of the basement (see old journal). I now have a 24 inch walk way around the perimeter of my flowering area. I'll explain why I've opted to not put the film up in the rest of the flowering room.

Imagine a vertical wall at the edge of my flowering space. Any stray light has to travel passed that boundary, hit the wall, and come all the way back before it hits a plant. Got that image? Good. :) The minimum distance that light has to travel to get back to the plants is 48". It will actually be longer as the path isn't straight across the 24" gap.

The light intensity will decrease according to the inverse square law. This means the light that did bounce off and come back would be 1/2304 of the intensity it was when it first passed that imaginary wall. I just don't think there is any value in it.

Another way to think of it is this... How far directly below the light do you get good growth and light intensity? My Mars 2 LED's only seem to 'throw' the effective light ~48-60". That tells me there is nothing to bounce back.

And lastly, I can see where the light is going. LED's do a pretty good job of focusing the light, so there is little stray light. This has pros and cons. Pros are, better efficiency, no need for panda film, etc. One big con is the spread of light. Because it's so focused, the footprint they cover is limited. That's why I always recommend more small units than one large one. :)

c256 and DP, I'm not being defensive about this, nor am I trying to be confrontational about this. :Namaste:
I used to tell everyone to get white surfaces next to their plants. If my walls were touching the plants, it would have the panda film. I just want to explain my reasoning so others might benefit who maybe haven't thought about it this way.

FYI, we're still finishing up the harvest of Flower B. We broke 2 pair of scissors an hour apart, so that halted trimming for a couple days. :blalol:

I planned to put up some pictures, but my phone cord seems to have walked out of my office. :biglaugh:
I'll get some up next week after harvest is over.

Ooohhhhhhh man this is right up my street, ive even told the missus in the past we cant buy a new house unless there is a basement.
Absolutely love the set up bro, this is where i want to be in the near future watch this space
plus reps coming your way :goodjob:

Ooohhhhhhh man this is right up my street, ive even told the missus in the past we cant buy a new house unless there is a basement.
Absolutely love the set up bro, this is where i want to be in the near future watch this space
plus reps coming your way :goodjob:

Thanks for stopping by. :welcome:

I've become a BIG fan of basements. I got my eye on a new house. The basement is 8' or 9' high and at least double what I have now. :)

Sucks as this one is almost done. Just in time to tear it down and move it. :rofl:

Here is a real estate tip for the aspiring indoor grower...

Neighbors are often made suspicious when someone moves into a new home and they immediately hear construction inside the house, especially at weird hours. I have a pamphlet WA used to distribute (I got mine where I licensed my trailer) that specifically says to watch for this. :blalol:

First, if you can, have no neighbors. LOL If that's not an option, buy a "fixer upper" house. The one I'm looking at is bank owned. It's a little tore up inside, so it needs work before we can move in. I'm sure the neighbors all know the condition it's in, so there will won't even be a second look to see building materials coming in and a bunch of construction when we move in. :) The house I'm in now was also a foreclosure, so we've been working on it since we moved in. I didn't start growing until we had been here well over a year, so there was no suspicion from my neighbors here.

I myself had to tear one down about a year ago, neighbour came round crying saying she knew what was going on. Fair play to her though she never informed the authorities, if only she would of came in and actually see the process she might not of been so worried, she could of had a cup of tea and a :bongrip: on me :rofl:
still to this day i dont know how she knew :scratchinghead:
so all in all thats some good advice.

My basement is not my livelihood. It helps that I have a "real" day job. It's a small town, and all my neighbors know me and know who I work for. :)

:roorrip:

Thanks DP. Quite a compliment from you. :Namaste:

Thank you for the help on my signature Hiker.

Hello Hiker

Got a question for you on room design since you mentioned panda film. .My current grow space is a tent inside a shed. This summer, I'll be removing the tent and using the whole shed for flower and it's a 7x7. Right now the tent is insulated but nothing else. I was thinking I was going to cover the insulation with panda film. But reading your comments below make me wonder. Maybe I should just rock it and paint with a mold resistance flat white? Any suggestions are appreciated!! Thank you

Back
Top Bottom