Horse's Coco Hempy 400w CMH Vertical Crawlspace Grow 2010

Nice +rep man!:)
That WR mom ur trying to reveg is cute,but I would defently put it in the flowering room ect,she just looks like she wants to bud,haha....
But everything looks great,u have a forest in there!

Ha, I've never been able to motivate that WR... maybe all she really wants it the spotlight!

Thanks for stooping in j4s2u0 :peace:

Okay, the more I read about the claw, the less I think it's a cute adolescent gesture. The promise of light, airy buds is not exactly what I was going for :)

Too much nitrogen? OC+ in coco. About 3 weeks ago I gave her some Schultz liquid 10-15-10, in hopes the P would help in bud setting. It's has been on the cool side in the crawl, 59° lowest during lights out, 75° at the cage with the lights on.

I have been watering her frequently, about every 2 days

It's mostly on the tops, and there it's worst closest to the light.
DSC08379.jpg
DSC08382.jpg
DSC08385.jpg
DSC08384.jpg
DSC08386.jpg

The backside of the plant, and even the lower branches directly in the light aren't showing clawing yet.
DSC08381.jpg
DSC08387.jpg
DSC08389.jpg

I flushed the 10l hempy pot this am w/25l of cal/mag 5.8pH water. I did this just after lights out, mistake? Besides just finally freaking out, I was figuring she needed a bit of flushy rest, then an awakening to a fresh watery, lower N goodness. Rapunzel, Rapunzel, pull up your leaves?

I would sure like some pointers on this, thanks.

:peace:

Wish I could help my friend by I have no idea, are you saying you think it's too much N? Hope the flush puts you back on track.... good luck!

A N O.D. is what I've turned up, but yeah, I really am only guessing. A good flush usually helps me, so, why not the girls :)

Hey, while I've got you here, you mentioned you have the same heater I do. Is there a way to turn the timer off? I pushed all the buttons, of course, and now it seems like I only have the timer as a choice, and either 1-18 hrs? I have turned the switch off and on... hmmm, maybe an unplug?

Thanks BlueDog :peace:

A N O.D. is what I've turned up, but yeah, I really am only guessing. A good flush usually helps me, so, why not the girls :)

Hey, while I've got you here, you mentioned you have the same heater I do. Is there a way to turn the timer off? I pushed all the buttons, of course, and now it seems like I only have the timer as a choice, and either 1-18 hrs? I have turned the switch off and on... hmmm, maybe an unplug?

High Horse! Sorry I just meant the same style, I didn't even know they came with timers. I wish mine did because I'd have it come on just before lights out.

I usually have to work 2-10 or 3-11, and lights go out at 7. So I either turn it on before I leave and temps get pretty warm before lights out, or else I wait till I get home at which point temps have gotten as low as 60.

I have a heavy duty timer that I may hook it up to. Electricity makes me nervous. I'm going to have to start learing more about it.

Good luck!

Am I reading this right? You used Advanced Nutrients Over Drive?

I had trouble in coco with the OC+.....not clawing, but other kinds of trouble. I think the CE doesn't work too well with OC+....but that's merely speculation.

Flush 'em for sure.

As for me, I'm staying away from coco. It's too tricky for me.

Am I reading this right? You used Advanced Nutrients Over Drive?

I had trouble in coco with the OC+.....not clawing, but other kinds of trouble. I think the CE doesn't work too well with OC+....but that's merely speculation.

Flush 'em for sure.

As for me, I'm staying away from coco. It's too tricky for me.

Ha Doc, nah, I meant a nitrogen over dose... acronyms while you wait :)

So what's "CE"? I have another Jack in the same mix (coco, OC+, and hempy), she's just been put into flower, so I'll see if I like coco or not, too :grinjoint:

Ha Doc, nah, I meant a nitrogen over dose... acronyms while you wait :)

So what's "CE"? I have another Jack in the same mix (coco, OC+, and hempy), she's just been put into flower, so I'll see if I like coco or not, too :grinjoint:

:rofl:

And I'm not even doing any quality control right now.....

CE=cation exchange. It's good to google it and take some time.

But basically, it means that some nutes are hung on to by the medium....not exactly....but close.

Hi Horse, I think you've already solved your problem with the flush, although the side growth near the light doesn't exhibit the same symptoms. I'd almost expect the buds closer to the light to use more nutes and show the issue first, rather than the tops.(bit of a headscratcher there)

You've already said all this. I guess I'm just saying I agree with your diagnosis. heheh
good luck

:rofl:

And I'm not even doing any quality control right now.....

CE=cation exchange. It's good to google it and take some time.

But basically, it means that some nutes are hung on to by the medium....not exactly....but close.

Gotcha on the CE, I have a sheaf of notes on it :)

But, I haven't seen anything where CE makes N go up... good thing today is slack one :reading420magazine:

Thanks for the input :thumb:

Hi Horse, I think you've already solved your problem with the flush, although the side growth near the light doesn't exhibit the same symptoms. I'd almost expect the buds closer to the light to use more nutes and show the issue first, rather than the tops.(bit of a headscratcher there)

You've already said all this. I guess I'm just saying I agree with your diagnosis. heheh
good luck

Highydeeho Mick,

I'm still a unclear on when to flush, light time, night time, dawn or dusk... I oughta save all the old toilets I pull... Fuck Ups Fixed At The Flip of A Lever!

Hi Horse

I would flush during lights on, preferably early so the plants will have a chance to work out some of the excess mositure before dark. I don't really recall reading that anywhere, but it seemed logical to me when I first confronted the issue. Putting the plants into dark with saturated roots seems like a bad thing, or at least, not a good thing.

Thankfully some of our screwups can be fixed that easily.

Horse, I am going to put out a hypothesis that it is a light deficency. The claw effect looks to be mainly at the top of the plant and you have the top of the light set a few inches below the top of the plant. My bet is that part of that curl is that the tops of the leaves are turning to the light.

My Blue Dragon have a natural tendency to curl but the tops were really doing it at one point when I had the light lower than the top. Moved the light up even with or slightly above the tops and the curl reduced by more than 75%. Just a vertical light thing. Give it a try and we will get a second experimentation data point.

Horse, I am going to put out a hypothesis that it is a light deficency. The claw effect looks to be mainly at the top of the plant and you have the top of the light set a few inches below the top of the plant. My bet is that part of that curl is that the tops of the leaves are turning to the light.

My Blue Dragon have a natural tendency to curl but the tops were really doing it at one point when I had the light lower than the top. Moved the light up even with or slightly above the tops and the curl reduced by more than 75%. Just a vertical light thing. Give it a try and we will get a second experimentation data point.

High TT, hmmmm, that could be... the stuff right in the light doesn't seem to be effected... going up ^^^ :grinjoint:

Interestingly, at least to me :), I've been thinking of getting another light for the stall. Attaching them base to base, and hanging them... I need more money!

My son runs 1000w hps in a hood. Saw the vertical setup, and hung another 1000w bare & vertical under the hood. The buddage results are getting pretty impressive.

Hey thanks for that thought :thumb:

Hey Fan Man - What's the RH now days? I am researching high RH and leaf curl:reading420magazine:. After lots of checking:nomo:, I don't see this curl as a over N issue. The leaves look fine, other then the curl. Do you have any drying up or falling off? NOPE, well from my understanding over N causes more issues then just leaf curl. But all that is happeining is leaf curl? I think there is more to this story. :scratchinghead:Just gotta figure it out.

Let's compare notes. I have this same issue. I have plenty of light. I dropped temps for a week to stop fert from OC, had temps at 60 at night, and 72 max lights on. Changed to straight PH'd water, so all good for a recovery... but- no reduction of leaf curl...:idea: One thing I didn't change, my RH. RH was still 55 - 65 most of the time, and maxing out at 75%. I just started a test, and will not have good results for at least 4-5 days, but I WILL have my RH at 40-50 steady. I pulled it down to 47 - 59 last night, I did have a spike of 64, but that was me screwing around that caused that.

Hey Fan Man - What's the RH now days? I am researching high RH and leaf curl:reading420magazine:. After lots of checking:nomo:, I don't see this curl as a over N issue. The leaves look fine, other then the curl. Do you have any drying up or falling off? NOPE, well from my understanding over N causes more issues then just leaf curl. But all that is happeining is leaf curl? I think there is more to this story. :scratchinghead:Just gotta figure it out.

Let's compare notes. I have this same issue. I have plenty of light. I dropped temps for a week to stop fert from OC, had temps at 60 at night, and 72 max lights on. Changed to straight PH'd water, so all good for a recovery... but- no reduction of leaf curl...:idea: One thing I didn't change, my RH. RH was still 55 - 65 most of the time, and maxing out at 75%. I just started a test, and will not have good results for at least 4-5 days, but I WILL have my RH at 40-50 steady. I pulled it down to 47 - 59 last night, I did have a spike of 64, but that was me screwing around that caused that.

Hey Joe, Good to see ya here!

Every one of my RH meters reads differently, but I think I am staying between 40 and 50% right now. I have to run a dehumidifier at 50% in the summer, and it quit extracting anything about 3 weeks ago.

My temps have been ranging from 59-75°

You are right about the dead leaf thing, though. I'm not seeing any, so far, that seem related to the clawing.

This has gotten progressively worse for maybe 10 days.

Is your curling all over the plant? What kind of lights are you using? I hope my leaves will assume a normal position when this works out, but I was thinking they'd just croak and new stuff would look good.

Thanks for helping work on this :peace:

Back
Top Bottom