How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

I ran Everclear 151 through the megahome water still twice and ended up with 180 proof alcohol that gave me 79% THC oil.

Rado buddy, you're half right. It does take longer to decarb (water boils off at a higher temp than alcohol). However, read the rest of the story:

The lower the proof of the solvent, the less pure the oil, and the more total volume.

Water in the alcohol gives us a lower proof (percentage alcohol is 1/2 the proof number). Water in the solvent (water in alcohol in this case) removes more than just the cannabinoids from the plant. Chlorophyl is removed by water, and has not been shown to be beneficial in our oil, yet. It also doesn't help with the taste, I'm told. This may change, as whole plant extract (not just cannabinoids) may prove an increased synergistic effect (we know multiple cannabinoid types are synergistic).

Higher proof alcohol solvent = purer cannabinoid stripping. (cold, fast wash method)

:ciao:
JohnnyOilseed

So guys don't take this herb lightly. My english might be bad but guess what you got the message that's it. I hope people will doubt me over it but than it worked for my wife who cares.

Thank you for that testimonial altainta. I'm so thrilled you were able to help your wife heal. :battingeyelashes: :love:

OU8one2,
Check out separating water from alcohol with salt on youtube.

Cannafan also tried it, I believe, but I didn't read her success rate/rant.

Fanny?

Just a thought about the 151 Everclear. On the surface the reduced numbers on the oil made with 151 Everclear might be a put off, but the reality is that 79% is pretty high and we don't know at what level we've hit maximum therapeutic value (saturation point). My point being, if 151 is all you can get, don't hesitate to use it. The oil you produce will not be as potent as oil made with the higher proof choice, but we should be confident that it'll be strong enough to be effective.

If you have the option, always go with the higher proof. If that option doesn't exist go with 151 and don't question it.

Question: anyone try making oil with the entire plant? If not, your reasoning please? Back on the bottom of page 6 there's a discussion that begins where Cajun shares his test results with whole plant inclusion and the numbers were significant enough that I'm wondering why this hasn't become common practice?

I ran Everclear 151 through the megahome water still twice and ended up with 180 proof alcohol that gave me 79% THC oil.

Rado buddy, you're half right. It does take longer to decarb (water boils off at a higher temp than alcohol). However, read the rest of the story:

The lower the proof of the solvent, the less pure the oil, and the more total volume.

Water in the alcohol gives us a lower proof (percentage alcohol is 1/2 the proof number). Water in the solvent (water in alcohol in this case) removes more than just the cannabinoids from the plant. Chlorophyl is removed by water, and has not been shown to be beneficial in our oil, yet. It also doesn't help with the taste, I'm told. This may change, as whole plant extract (not just cannabinoids) may prove an increased synergistic effect (we know multiple cannabinoid types are synergistic).

Higher proof alcohol solvent = purer cannabinoid stripping. (cold, fast wash method)

:ciao:
JohnnyOilseed

Thanks for the gentle touch while calling me on my mistake :)

:love:SweetieSue,
If you are asking why we don't use leaf and stem as well as bud, I can answer that. Call on me! :ciao:

We reach a point of diminishing returns. Unless it's all you've got, the cost of the alcohol exceeds the value of the small amount of oil you can extract from broad leaf and stem. If the starting material has tricombs, it's worth the cost of solvent v. oil produced.

Simple, yes ?

If you are asking why we don't use more than just the cannabinoids, I think it has to do with why we are using the oil. THC kills cancer and does a whole lot more...CBD stops seizures without any high and does a whole lot more. We're just learning about all the rest of the plant, but some information (thank you) suggests terpines and flavonoids hold similar medicinal value to the cannabinoids and/or have a synergistic effect on them. Much more to come on this!

:Namaste:
JohnnycallonmeOilseed

PS. I increased that 151 proof to 180 proof (twice through the water still) to get 79% THC oil. (and yes, it will cure!)

Thanks for the gentle touch while calling me on my mistake :)

Good edit from the original, too!

Not a mistake....just not the rest of the story.

Rado:high-five:Johnny

Together, we rule!

Do we have somewhere covered, how to decarboxylate 1:1 thc/cbd for CBD ?

I am used to decarb the oil, not dry weed. For THC I heat it up to 120*C, follow the temp and wait for CO2 bubbles to disappear.
I remember that LabRat is doing it all the time as he needs CBD. I believe it was 50 minutes at 120*C. I could not find it now. I do not remember him giving more details though.

Do we get new CO2 bubbles at somewhere around 50 minutes time passing? How do I know that CBDa has been decarboxylated ?

:Namaste:

well i used the 151 in the rice cooker i was left with a lot of water so the decarb took some time my temp ran up over the 250*F for a hot minute. What happens if the oil exceeds that temp??? My return was 1 g oil per 1 oz of bud. ohhhh and i had a bubble pop and sent oil air born everywhere so I think I moved the temp to high to fast with all the extra water in the mix

With the small amount of CCO required you can mix it right in the original jar with a fork or spoon.... or you could use a single beater on low speed to really blend it. I'd take 1-2 tablespoonsful of the original cream out of the jar to start and gradually add it back in at the end.

Thx for helping me there but
I am still confused by the qty which needed (CCO + DMSO)..
Suppose i purchase the 2oz DMSO CREAM than how much i will need to mix with the CCO 1gram / 2 gram to work on chronic back pain/ache or knee pain? (In short instant relief)

well i used the 151 in the rice cooker i was left with a lot of water so the decarb took some time my temp ran up over the 250*F for a hot minute. What happens if the oil exceeds that temp??? My return was 1 g oil per 1 oz of bud. ohhhh and i had a bubble pop and sent oil air born everywhere so I think I moved the temp to high to fast with all the extra water in the mix

Hey nice you are trying
Here i wanted to share a experience of mien
I had a room temp of 28-35 deg C.
Any water content evaporate quiet quickly even on the room temp (If left open).
So i guess even if you keep you burner UNDER 220 DEG F it will eventually evaporate the WATER but just it will take time.
The thing is you increased the temp to 250 (for 1min) there is no harm in it. No major issue. As it is still under the 280-300 range.
I still thing you should not do that again.

As far the other question
What happens if the oil exceeds that temp???
THCA - THC - CBN
that means you will feel mostly couch lock / sleepy (because of THC CONVERTED TO CBN)..
but if you looking for THC for treatment you should try to avoid CBN (but there is no harm in it).

other question -
ohhhh and i had a bubble pop and sent oil air born everywhere so I think I moved the temp to high to fast with all the extra water in the mix
Cant understand so NO ANSWER FOR THAT.

PS - I will also suggest u to check "badkittysmiles" channel on youtube she had a series of 3-4 videos in which you will get so much of information that you will need days to evaluate it in actual. Very deep info with practical method ! very very educational.

This was a most excellent series of procedures laid out in a very logical and easy to understand format.
There is a similar method seen on facebook for making "Small batches of Hemp Oil".
I tried that one and it took a really long time and I was not real thrilled with the procedure.
I have everything you suggest to use and will try it the next time.
I do have one question. I have been accumulating quantities of CBD buds from Cannatonic, Harlequin, AC/DC.
To make the oil from CBD plants, is the procedure any different?

As I stated in an earlier post about looking for Charlotte's Web or a similar strain, I made some oil with Harlequin or ACDC. The bud tested almost picture perfect with the THC level at .4% and CBD at about 19 from my memory.
When I made the oil from it, due to the decarb process I guess, the THC went up to about 8% and the CBD was 19.5%.
So my question is this; Is the finished hemp oil product with 8 to 10% THC enough to use for Cancer treatment?
My cousin has stage 4 liver cancer. Is a CBD oil product with 8% THC good for cancer treatment or should I use a High THC
bud for Cancer treatment?

As I stated in an earlier post about looking for Charlotte's Web or a similar strain, I made some oil with Harlequin or ACDC. The bud tested almost picture perfect with the THC level at .4% and CBD at about 19 from my memory.
When I made the oil from it, due to the decarb process I guess, the THC went up to about 8% and the CBD was 19.5%.
So my question is this; Is the finished hemp oil product with 8 to 10% THC enough to use for Cancer treatment?
My cousin has stage 4 liver cancer. Is a CBD oil product with 8% THC good for cancer treatment or should I use a High THC
bud for Cancer treatment?

This thread is dedicated to making oil. There are several other threads to look at. Probably the most important one for you is this one. A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer Cajun is the man here. His protocol is listed out there. :peace:

HI, I am new to the 420 club,I live in the Boston, MA area and I have recently been diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis and I am looking for some information on obtaining and how to use CBD oil to treat my condition.
If there is anybody that could assist me with this I would be grateful.
Thank you

HI, I am new to the 420 club,I live in the Boston, MA area and I have recently been diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis and I am looking for some information on obtaining and how to use CBD oil to treat my condition.
Thank you

I suggest you go ahead and get your medical marijuana card. I would not trust any of the CBD oil in Boston area has real levels of CBD outside the dispensaries. MOST of the CBD oil sold outside of dispensaries is mislabelled strength according to FDA testing.

I'm not sure the dispensaries are carrying CBD oil on a regular basis - legally they can't advertise what they sell - but the card is the only way you can go into a dispensary to look. It's also probable that you will want a mixture of CBD and THC for lungs. When my wife had pulmonary embolisms, she found vaping dry, high THC marijuana to be very healing as she rebuilt her lung capacity. Whether to go for a card or not depends on how you expect the laws to change. A yes on recreational marijuana in November means legal to grow and give away starting in December. A no vote means you probably want the extra protection of a Massachusetts MMJ card.

Canna Care Docs seems to be the best place for acquiring Massachusetts MMJ cards. They want a copy of your diagnosis and take a medical history. (If they ask you, you do not drink any alcohol.) There is a new Canna Care office on Moody Street in Waltham, just across the river from the commuter rail. The building is discretely monitored for trouble. The owner has a high end glass shop/head shop and an adult toy shop up on the second floor - not as classy as the adult store in Brookline, but it does not usually attract seedy people. Don't be put off by it. - Any Canna Care docs is good, but Waltham is the closest to Boston.

Thank you

Here you go Ketchirwin. A link to make you smile.

Treatment of Pulmanory Fibrosis

Back
Top Bottom