Hubba Hubba! Bubba Hash & The Bright Lights Of Redemption: Amy's Indoor v2.0 With DBHBB

Congrats sounds like you ended up with some really nice meds!
:high-five: and thanks for all the guidance, both direct and indirect, on growing in coco.
11 looks good enough to eat!
Blueberry :yummy: :drool:

Have some more DDA:passitleft::woohoo:
Thanks d! :passitleft: and thanks for sharing such complimentary thoughts :) :love:
I agree with the others, Amy. Your writing is as good as your photography.
Cheers.
:yummy:
Thanks! And Cheers to you too DonkeyDick ... try some of this DDA dynamo & I brought :passitleft: :woohoo:
Happy harvest Amy, I’m glad you were able to manage it all
Phewf! Me too :high-five: Thanks Heavenly! ... DDA? :passitleft:
a rainy, drizzley day and that always put me in a HP mood.
:thumb:

buds and budgies :snowboating:

:laughtwo: :thumb: :passitleft:

Excellent harvest write-up and critter report!
Thanks Shed-man!
well done on the makeshift drying rack, though I do miss the gravity-defying wastepaper basket nailed to the wall...
It still lives... somewhere :D Probably being a fully combobulated wastepaper basket...
so I have another plant to compare mine to
:thumb:
Is that a 5 gallon air pot?
2.5 gallon! :eek:

Thanks everyone - I do appreciate y’all muchly! :circle-of-love:

It was super nice not to have to do anything for the garden last night - except inspect the pots. I saw one springtail in one of the 1gal HB pots. While they’re not a major pest, I do wonder what it could be eating in there ... they eat decomposing organic matter and that’s exactly what we keep very low in HB soil. Maybe the castings are enough. And maybe one day I’ll get to run a journal where I don’t learn something about bugs! :laughtwo:

I know this though - Coco growing is not for me. I’m sure part of the “pest event” is because I wasn’t able to maintain it as diligently as it requires. I didn’t water to decent run-off as often as I should have, especially in the last 2 weeks and didn’t have the energy to trouble-shoot when I saw the AH starting to look a but funky. I can see how and why coco works really well for folks - it’s very straight forward, but still kinda demanding and I’m just not dependable enough! Gotta try these things tho, right? Now I know :) - soil all the way. Wet - dry cycles = rest time :)

I took these a couple of nights ago, just for my own reference, to look at the trichs. Might as well share the Dark Devil eye-candy :D

3671D07E-15C0-46D0-8969-A3FF84F58907.jpeg

57590033-60E7-4C00-9BB5-A26DD2CF4BAD.jpeg

D4428AA6-451C-48B7-84B2-34D4E792E4FA.jpeg

:Namaste:

Exactly - and I have a plant trolley halfway through construction so that will be my friend on the days they are heavy with water ;)

So Shed, can you help me out with DLI? How do I work it out? And what is the optimum/ideal? I’ve kind of ignored it up until now, just knew it was a thing - daily light integral - but never went any deeper into it. My brain is ready now.

I'm not sure I have a complete handle on it myself, but I'll put down what I have found:

Here is a general definition:
Daily Light Integral (DLI) which calculates the entire light provided to a plant per day. The farmer can choose DLI as a reference in light daily intakes given to his culture. DLI is expressed in moles per square meter per day.

An enclosed space with a LED lighting system with low PPF may emit the same DLI than that of a horticultural LED with a strong PPF if it extends its photoperiod. The DLI is very useful to determine the overall growth of your plants.

Here is a DLI calculator (you will need to be able to determine your PPFD, which can be done with online calculators if your light is fixed spectrum...hard to do with blurple/mixed spectrum lights without a PPFD meter).

Then there is this chart as it relates to cannabis:

Figure 1. Recommended light schedule for cannabis across propagation, vegetative and flower stages of growth.
DLI for cannabis.JPG

There is a good article on that page that is here. This is an excerpt:
A SHORT DAY, HIGH DLI PLANT

Since cannabis is a highly versatile crop valued for its flowers, maximizing floral biomass and understanding the photoperiod thresholds (see Figure 1) for cannabis has been my primary focus over the last few months. This is because cannabis takes on more light than any other flowering plant I have worked with in the past. And the cultivation of the plant is just the beginning of the crop’s productization as dried flower, extract or oil which requires a thorough understanding of plant maturation and the necessary treatments just prior to harvest.

The most noteworthy aspect of how cannabis differs from typical greenhouse plants is how the plant thrives under high-intensity light. Cannabis is one of the few plants which flourish under more than 950 to 1,200 photosynthetic photon flux density (PPFD) in full bloom, i.e., 41 to 51 daily light integral (DLI). However, several factors in a controlled, sole-source lighting environment need to be optimized to transition a cannabis plant to this level of high intensity lighting — we call this transition process “photoacclimation.” During the early stages of growth — propagation and vegetative growth — cannabis plants can require some of the DLI levels the plant will experience during its life cycle, but with the long, 18-hour photoperiod, the DLI is relatively easy to achieve at low light levels.

After this vegetative bulking period, the reduction to 12-hour photoperiods during the reproductive growth stage can confuse the need to still maintain relatively high DLI levels during this stage of growth. While DLI requirements dip to a degree, the loss of the six additional hours of light should not be dismissed; growers who do not account for this change will see poor yields in terms of flowering productivity. This is why high-intensity PPFD lighting is especially important during the bloom stage. Some growers assume the same supplemental or primary lighting can be used for every stage of growth. Th is has led to bad experiences with some LED systems, which were not designed to
provide enough photons to promote efficient photosynthesis during a short
photoperiod.

Cannabis can be photoacclimated at such a pace that you can reach extremely high levels of PPFD near the tail-end of the bloom growth stage (see Figure 1). Even then, it is critical to administer this level of high-intensity light in short, 12-hour cycles to ensure the plant receives full and uninterrupted cycles of darkness to properly develop its reproductive organs, e.g., flowers for cannabis. These light intensity levels will ensure the plant hits the proper DLI, so it will produce yields to its fullest potential, which is one of the most important factors many new growers underestimate when first taking on a new cannabis strain.

If you grow indoors, you have all the info you need. Now let's figure out what the sun is providing for those of us outdoor growers. If you are in the US, you can use this link:

For Australia, all I could find was this pdf which has the quarterly DLI on page 4.

I hope this helps!

purple stem pictures are perfect
Thanks keltic :D I wonder - do you mean just the pictures, to look at, or are you saying perfect and ready to harvest? :hmmmm:
Nice harvest Amy. Very pretty shots. I used to run Amnesia from world of seeds. I got a few as freebies and popped one after about 4 years. Pretty potent strain. That one tested 22%.
Thanks neiko - I think it went downhill for a few days towards the end there but I expect it to be pretty good.
The fruity blueberries are still pretty good though.
So are you saying there are non-fruity blueberries that are better than the fruity ones?

Back
Top Bottom