Hyena's Never-Ending Adventures In Growing

Highya HM,

It looks like the cold did more than first thought. Not like your usual harvest. Have you compared pics?

On the seeds - I read (am still) a journal this fall and winter by beez doing columbian gold and making seeds. His journal was pretty compelling as to making seeds. He also grows some nice looking ladies. Don't take this as criticism. I don't mean it like that. Just wondered if you wanted to see someone successful with every facet of his seed making endeavor. Cheers

P.S. Other than that, they looked great. I hope you have found your "Holy Grail" of cannabis strain.

Highya HM,

It looks like the cold did more than first thought. Not like your usual harvest. Have you compared pics?

On the seeds - I read (am still) a journal this fall and winter by beez doing columbian gold and making seeds. His journal was pretty compelling as to making seeds. He also grows some nice looking ladies. Don't take this as criticism. I don't mean it like that. Just wondered if you wanted to see someone successful with every facet of his seed making endeavor. Cheers
P.S. Other than that, they looked great. I hope you have found your "Holy Grail" of cannabis strain.

Yeah, I kept this whole grow smaller thinking it was all for seeds. It will yield perhaps up to a pound but no more. My smallest harvest BY FAR. That's okay, what I have learned was really my reward from this grow. I learned a lot and it allowed me to establish my next direction so it's all good.

I read everything by Beez and many others to be honest. I was mainly interested in seedmaking/breeding if I could create something commercially viable and what I learned is beans for personal use are one thing, beans to sell people who invest a shitload of time and money in the endeavor is quite another. Many make seeds but few are professional breeders and I'm not in a position to do it even close to the right way. I wanted to make money with seeds, but frankly, growing 50-60 pounds of dank in the next 12 months will pay a lot more and be a lot easier.

Stay tuned, my next move will be ten times this setup. Working on it!

Peace, Hyena

I'm staying tuned, lol! Cheers

Hey Hey Hey and Happy Valentine's Day! :love:

I need all the love I can get...

Speaking of which, I have LOVED writing this journal for what, three years? And sadly it's winding down...like my final grow in the now not-so-secret secret lab. Going forward, I plan to start plants here and transport them to the new Hyena Grow House. My next chapter...

The HYENA GROW HOUSE Plan is to run two 10x10 tents with FOUR 1,000W HPS in each. Yes, back to HPS...I have a lot of thoughts about my years and experiments with LED grows and I am frankly back to believing no LED I could ever afford will beat 4,000 watts of pure HPS baby. Try to imagine what I might be able to do with 8,000 watts and 200 square feet...because I have been and it's a lot! Alternating harvests with a full harvest every 5-6 weeks. Yes I will.

So that's the future. 3 months max it will become a reality. I'm soooooo stoked! That will become a new journal which might go for 20 years...HYENA'S GROW HOUSE!

But for today, here are the final bud portraits from this Blue Hyena grow. Enjoy, my friends!

Lots of nice chunkers:

Some individual stars who deserve a cameo:

Sugar? I think so.

Ahhhhh...their fragrance is unbelievably delicious!

I can't tell you how much I love this sticky, sweet, delicious bud! It has been so cool to experience my first grow with all one variety, and learn how different even sisters are in the amazing, unpredictable world of cannabis. I now have five nuanced versions of my Blue Hyena strain, each with a slightly different aroma and I can't wait to smoke them each and all, and ultimately find out what I like best. Probably all of them.

I learned a lot from this grow, so I choose not to focus on my unfulfilled original plans...all life is a winding road. If I could see around corners I would be a champion Grand Prix driver. I'm just happy with a final crop of buds worthy of the effort and then some. Even if it's only going to be about a pound the quality is already unmistakably there. I must learn how to maximize my production to the next level, plus more advanced techniques for drying and curing and a hundred other things too if I'm going to up my production, so I'm sure I will have a lot of work ahead of me. But for now, considering how many twists and turns Project 28 contained, it's nice to see the finish line and still have a car.

Forgive all the race analogies, it's Daytona 500 week and I'm just pumped up! :yahoo:

Heading up to northern Michigan to deep snow country for a weekend of amazing snowmobiling...they have literally feet of the white stuff and as I said I'm itching for speed! Then Monday I plan to begin slaughtering this grow.

Til then,

Peace and Love, Hyena

Highya HM,

I'm glad you're continuing a journal from your new grow space! I have enjoyed the past three years (has it been that long? lol). Fun wondering what your creative mind comes up with next. Cheers

Monday, Monday...can't take that day...

Unless there's a

PROJECT 28 UPDATE!

After a great weekend snowmobiling, I opened the hatch this morning and everybody looks pretty ready to become my next 6 months' stash. We're winding it up now. It's going to be 11 weeks in flower on Wednesday and even though there is still growth even compared to four days ago, this Haze x Blue Dream hybrid is best harvested before any amber trichs appear for that amazing berry flavor and a super cerebral whack of a buzz. If I let it go longer I think it can reach a point where it's more of a sit down in front of TV kind of stone but honestly I have never gone past 12 weeks in flower with anything so maybe I'll keep part of one longer and see.

Either way, tomorrow will be the day! Always hate to say goodbye, even to finally have these buds.

I can't help but show a few more of the nicer ones, it's only so often you have a bunch of primo cannabis standing before your eyes and I have a phone camera so here's a few more shots I like...

Some truly juicy tall stacks

This polyploid bud looks yummy, can't wait to smoke that huge freak.

They say smoking polys can make you go insane. I'm probably safe.

This one isn't a mistake; colas are starting to fall over under their own weight.

So, I have a busy day today but tomorrow I think I will get up, have coffee, and grab the box of cutting implements. I hope the girls enjoy what is likely their last night's sleep. :oops::rip: (Maniacal laughter)

This weekend my wife and I discussed the Hyena Grow House project in depth. A lot has changed and towards the end of this run I knew there were broader horizons to seek and I can no longer do this without her knowledge. Long story short, she knows me well and over the past three years has figured out the lab's presence. The skunky smells which have been impossible to completely control have hardly been explainable any other way and yet she thought her best bet was to play dumb because she doesn't smoke and at this point after nearly 30 years of marriage she doesn't really mind that I do.

She does like the idea of supplying the just-developing Michigan LEGAL cannabis marketplace. Ironic that a state with legal marijuana is currently also a state with no place to buy marijuana...so as the whole dispensary network gets re-established they will need lots of weed. I have read about many boutique growers doing small batches of top-grade bud and supplying very coveted herb to dispensaries. This augments the commercial strain production in quantity that makes up most of the dispensary bud. Perhaps my skillz will translate into lots of opportunity in that landscape but first I must prove I can be a top producer. I certainly wouldn't be able to disguise that endeavor when it involves buying another house so we explored the math of it all and she agreed it's worth investing in. We shall see what happens but whatever it is, it will be a little easier without all the secrecy. From my wife. Nobody else will ever know. Even growing legally, secrecy is a must or someone will decide ripping off my grow is easier than building their own and that will never change. So the secret grow lab will continue, just in a larger form! Don't tell anyone, okay?

Tomorrow the chop begins. Have a great week!! I will!

Peace, Hyena

Highya Hyena Merica,

I'm sure you'll be glad to not be secret anymore! I have an in-law relative who grows for a dispensary. I don't know much about the state mandated supply chain here, but I know she does a lot. She's making money hand over fist! Do you have a timeline projected for your next move? Cheers

Highya Hyena Merica,

I'm sure you'll be glad to not be secret anymore! I have an in-law relative who grows for a dispensary. I don't know much about the state mandated supply chain here, but I know she does a lot. She's making money hand over fist! Do you have a timeline projected for your next move? Cheers

Began buying a house this week. I hope to be building my ultimate grow tent world within weeks. Very possible my first tent will be going within 4-6 weeks.

8000 total watts with 200 square feet of growing area using 2 10x10 tents...imagine. About to happen. Let's keep in touch as I want to know more about making connections like your relative has done. Not sure if legal distribution would pay as much as BM in Ohio but I'm open to either.

Gonna be fun!

Peace, Hyena

Yeeesssss! That’s the best Hyena update ever! You are a growing phenom, and have a great way with words. I’m so excited to follow the continuing adventure! Way to go Hyena:)!

Jesse, as always you are too kind. Hope you are enjoying the calendar by the way! You've been a great friend and I look forward to continuing to maintain and expand my friendships on 420 as we go to something that could be very, very fun and challenging! Fingers crossed! Stay tuned!

Peace, Hyena

Just a heads up the Michigan supply chain is changing. Caretakers are not allowed to sell to dispensaries after the commercial growers get licensed. They allow it now but it's supposed to change in the filter. I'm sure you can afford the licensing if you can afford a second house.

Back
Top Bottom