Indica Inda Closet: Red's First Grow Journal

Thanks to all the new visitors! I'm in the middle of changing my tote res, defoliating, quadlining randy and putting sour plum in the final tote spot. I'm here for a forum break and a :roorrip:
I'll have pics for you guys later. I probably already have a half oz of wet leaves. :eek: I need to learn how to make this into oil or a tincture but I don't have a reliable oven or pressure cooker. I want to invest in a proper decarber to do the work for me, then I can easily make butter or oil. any suggestions or ideas? :idea: I've wasted good bud effing up the decarb and frying the bud, so I'm scared
I decarb my bud in the oven in a sealed mason jar at 240* F for 1 hour and never had an issue! :Namaste:

FYI, this is a good reference chart:

1590593516306.png

FYI, this is a good reference chart:

1590593516306.png

oh I can definitely do the oven at 300! my issue is that my oven is not digital, its analog, so it's hard to dial in a temp. and I'll try it with the mason jar next time instead of a cookie sheet.
How do you know when the bud in the mason jar is done and you're not burning off terps and THC?

oh I can definitely do the oven at 300! my issue is that my oven is not digital, its analog, so it's hard to dial in a temp. and I'll try it with the mason jar next time instead of a cookie sheet.
How do you know when the bud in the mason jar is done and you're not burning off terps and THC?
THC vaporizes at approximately 315* F and most other cannabinoids start above that, which is why I do "low & slow" on the decarb. That being said, the terps on decarbed bud are NOTHING like the terps on fresh or dried bud. It takes on a kinda "nutty" smell/flavor.

Here's another good chart for you:

1590594275159.png

Update 5-27-2020
Few more days till the move. maybe I can wrap my head around this deer-car-body shop situation after I get my plants comfortable in their own spaces.
I res changed the younger tote babies to week 2 nutes. this is with AN ph perfect nutes
96ml of each base note: micro, grow, bloom. 96 ml of b-52 and voodoo juice. the last week of voodoo juice!
PPM fell into a solid range of 1150-1220. I'll add more water tomorrow once I have more dechlorinated.

This is honestly the first regular feeding that actually follows the AN schedule :rofl:
I defoliated all my plants that needed it, in accordance to the lunar calendar.

That's all I can think of.
Picture time!

Randy and critical purple are in the left tote. Northern lights and Sour plum are in the right tote.

Meanwhile, there's a jungle in my closet. The shorter plants actually don't seem to mind it.

I'm giving failed LST more light because she is stretching a lot!

R indica was so bushy, light was hardly penetrating through the leaves. After the defoliation, you can actually see the stems.

Root update! I love these roots. I haven't shown you folks in a while

PS apologies for the blurple lights. :rofl: I try using flash to add a bit more natural light to the photos. but be assured, there's no light in the Northern dungeon I'm reporting from. Just Red. :eek: and blue and purple

:rofl: Grow on Blaze on :blunt:

THC vaporizes at approximately 315* F and most other cannabinoids start above that, which is why I do "low & slow" on the decarb. That being said, the terps on decarbed bud are NOTHING like the terps on fresh or dried bud. It takes on a kinda "nutty" smell/flavor.

Here's another good chart for you:

1590594275159.png
hmm then maybe I should shoot for the 280-290 range to be safe. THC-A and CBD-A are supposed to be vaporized right? that's what makes them turn into THC and CBD? :hmmmm:

THC-A and CBD-A are supposed to be vaporized right? that's what makes them turn into THC and CBD?
Well, we usually are decarbing to convert the THC-A since you don't get the psychoactive effects unless the meds are decarbed first. The CBD-A has been shown to help kill cancer. Here's a recent study where they found CBD-A inhibited mestastisization (probably not spelled correctly! :rofl: ) of breast cancer:

Cannabidiolic Acid-Mediated Selective Down-Regulation of C-Fos in Highly Aggressive Breast Cancer MDA-MB-231 Cells: Possible Involvement of Its Down-Regulation in the Abrogation of Aggressiveness - PubMed

I guess it's up to you if you want to retain the CBD-A or convert to CBD

Well, we usually are decarbing to convert the THC-A since you don't get the psychoactive effects unless the meds are decarbed first. The CBD-A has been shown to help kill cancer. Here's a recent study where they found CBD-A inhibited mestastisization (probably not spelled correctly! :rofl: ) of breast cancer:

Cannabidiolic Acid-Mediated Selective Down-Regulation of C-Fos in Highly Aggressive Breast Cancer MDA-MB-231 Cells: Possible Involvement of Its Down-Regulation in the Abrogation of Aggressiveness - PubMed

I guess it's up to you if you want to retain the CBD-A or convert to CBD
This has really raised my confidence and knowledge about decarbing :thanks:
can't wait to make an Everclear tincture with @SweetSue (forgot to tag her last night) or @Grandpa Tokin 's recipe
I guess there's no need to buy a fancy decarber :rofl: now I just need to win a magic butter maker in a contest lol
The lowest my oven goes is 275. I'll use that temp. should provide me with a nice cushion in case my sh**** oven wants to fry my buds and leaves :rofl: I'll protect alpha pinene, one of my favorite terps and I'll just convert the CBD-A.
Also I forgot to tag @bebecillo last night! I'm trying to get my plants to follow the lunar calendar. It seems like a good guide for me so that I'm not doing too much to my plants

Update 5-27-2020
Few more days till the move. maybe I can wrap my head around this deer-car-body shop situation after I get my plants comfortable in their own spaces.
I res changed the younger tote babies to week 2 nutes. this is with AN ph perfect nutes
96ml of each base note: micro, grow, bloom. 96 ml of b-52 and voodoo juice. the last week of voodoo juice!
PPM fell into a solid range of 1150-1220. I'll add more water tomorrow once I have more dechlorinated.

This is honestly the first regular feeding that actually follows the AN schedule :rofl:

Picture time!

Randy and critical purple are in the left tote. Northern lights and Sour plum are in the right tote.

Meanwhile, there's a jungle in my closet. The shorter plants actually don't seem to mind it.

R indica was so bushy, light was hardly penetrating through the leaves. After the defoliation, you can actually see the stems.

PS apologies for the blurple lights. :rofl: I try using flash to add a bit more natural light to the photos. but be assured, there's no light in the Northern dungeon I'm reporting from. Just Red. :eek: and blue and purple

Hello RedZedHead, thank you for the invite. I'll tag along. Plants are looking good. Happy Growing:morenutes:

Hey @RedZedHead !

Thanks for the tag in! I'll definitely be following along, you've got quite the awesome journal going, you're devotion to it is inspiring! Mine isn't nearly as exciting, but feel free to drop by anytime :blunt:

One trick to remember, when you've got a seed shell stuck to the plant in the beginning, put a drop of water on the shell, come back an hour or so later and it'll pop off much easier (the water will soften it), if you time it right you can use the drop off water to help it pop it off on it's own (I've done this several times for my hydroponic kitchen garden).

Oh, and autos can bounce back, how well ive yet to see, but one of mine had to spend some time living in a mason jar, shes got stunted that's for sure, but looks ok now!
I'm curious to see what she'll produce.
20200527_132208.jpg

Thanks for the tag !
Hey, Red-- if you're decarbing in an analog oven...get one of those oven thermometers at the grocery store, and you can dial in the exact temp you need- I decarb at 240f , but my old oven (same age as I am) has to be set at 275 to get 240.

Thanks for the tag !
Hey, Red-- if you're decarbing in an analog oven...get one of those oven thermometers at the grocery store, and you can dial in the exact temp you need- I decarb at 240f , but my old oven (same age as I am) has to be set at 275 to get 240.
Or get one that " goes up to 11" .lol

Update 5-27-2020

Picture time!

Roots and training on point mate. Looking happy in here

my issue is that my oven is not digital, its analog, so it's hard to dial in a temp.
@carcass beat me to it. Never travel by donkey, folks. Very unreliable method of transport.
I was gonna say I use my infra red thingy that I measure leaf temperature with for the VPD (you’ve heard of VPD, right Red?)
That can help to ball-park it for you if you have one already.
Thanks for the charts @Mr. Krip! :cool:

Thanks for the tag !
I should just get a blutooth thermometer so my stoned ass doesnt fall asleep! :rofl:
Im on a small small small sunny date with Lucy right now

Looks interesting....but my eyes hurt from 1 page of pictures .....some normal lighting would be excellent!
By the way... your username cracks me up :rofl:

I'm a treetop flier buzzing your crop... fer sure I'll poke my nose in..
Just make sure you're not the centipede i drowned in insect killer for fun :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom