Indoor Durban Poison In Soil, First Time Grower

Thank you for the direction @irie lion here's the runt getting a good defoliation.
20190619_104247.jpg
20190619_103306.jpg

Then the others received a little trim under the skirt.
20190619_105643.jpg
20190619_105630.jpg
20190619_105601.jpg

Nice trimming on those girls, that'll do the job! :welldone:
Now is there anything that the trim can be used for or just toss it all out?
I compost all my leaves, and just use my harvest trimmings for oils & extraction. But i'm very sure there's probably a good use for those leaves i don't know about! :hmmmm::bongrip:

Nice trimming on those girls, that'll do the job! :welldone:

I compost all my leaves, and just use my harvest trimmings for oils & extraction. But i'm very sure there's probably a good use for those leaves i don't know about! :hmmmm::bongrip:
Alright, thanks, much appreciated!

Happy growing!

With the summer temps and humidity here on the coast comes the insects, what we call fruit flies are a nuisance, I now have some in the grow room, I don't see any plant damage but they seem to like the soil. Can I spray these with a repellent on the plant and the soil?

The flies should do nothing to the plants I sometimes get 1 or 2 that slips in as well.
Can I spray these with a repellent on the plant and the soil?
That should do the job :ganjamon: Especially on the top layer of the soil, if the flies hang around long enough they will lay larvae in the soil.

The flies should do nothing to the plants I sometimes get 1 or 2 that slips in as well.

That should do the job :ganjamon: Especially on the top layer of the soil, if the flies hang around long enough they will lay larvae in the soil.
Ah ok, that's kind of what I thought was going on, when I was doing the trimming it seemed like a couple had crawled out of the soil, I killed quite a few.

Ah ok, that's kind of what I thought was going on, when I was doing the trimming it seemed like a couple had crawled out of the soil, I killed quite a few.
No worries - if you want to be sure you get rid of all larvae just add some organic pesticide to your next watering and it'll kill anything unwanted down there. :passitleft:

No worries - if you want to be sure you get rid of all larvae just add some organic pesticide to your next watering and it'll kill anything unwanted down there. :passitleft:
Ok, thanks, I'll look for some today!

Update on the girl I gave away, she's loving the greenhouse and occasional days basking on a wide open deck, she's now 35 inches tall compared to her sister, my plant who's only 20 inches tall.
received_905653099785407.jpeg
received_905653099785407.jpeg

I sure wish I had an opportunity to have my plants outside in the sun! What a difference! I'm doing no justice for my plants indoors!

Damn she’s a beauty!! :morenutes: Maybe suggest to your mate to add a top up of fresh soil to the pot. :yummy:

Will do, and I shared with him @Emilya thread on homemade calmag recipe and he started as a soon as he finished reading it, he started with his sea shells. He also composts and makes his own soil mixes.

A quick update and another question on trimming.
My small space dehumidifier arrived a couple of days ago and I can finally keep the humidity about 65%.
Now about trimming, I did a little bit of lower trimming Wednesday and was noticing that a few of the lower larger fan leaves on several of the plants are starting to hang down, is this a process of the plant diverting it's energy to growing buds and if so should I just trim those lower fan leaves off?
20190622_134842(1).jpg

100 days, 33 days in flowering update.
My tallest girl, 20 inches.
20190622_192119(1).jpg
20190622_191911.jpg
20190622_191802.jpg

2nd tallest at 14 inches.

Attachments

• 20190622_191920.jpg
    20190622_191920.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 20190622_191814.jpg
    20190622_191814.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 56
Update on the girl I gave away! She's taking off!!!
42 inches! That's 7 inches in 6 days!

received_460810924715044.jpeg

38 days into flowering and I forget to close up the grow closet for 2 and a half hours! What a blunder! I was busy at my shop building a mini greenhouse for the 2 clones and I totally forgot about dropping the blackout curtain and closing the door before lights out!

Good looking plants! What lights are you using? Maybe it was mentioned somewhere and I missed it?
Thank you, I'm using full spectrum daylight bulbs, led in brooder lamps.

Back
Top Bottom