Durban Poison First Grow In Soil - CFL - 400W HPS

Re: Durban Poison First Grow In Soil - CFL / 400W HPS

I water mine like normal.
when i started to defoliate my plants i took it slow and increased it from there. I have yet to see any real negative effects, they just push out more growth including new fans.
There have been a few of my plants were the lower buds are as big as the top buds just not as compact... (excluding the buku, she is always this way.)

That's what I'm counting on. More buds and less foliage.
I'll keep 1 or 2 untouched for reference.

Just found this at local grow shop for $55
Hesi Starter Kit - Soil
soil-starter-kit.jpg
- 500 ml TNT Complex - NPK 3+2+3+ME
- 1 liter Bloom Complex for Soil - NPK 3+3+4+ME
- 1 liter Phosphorus Plus - PK 8+4
- 500 ml Root Complex - Canna Rhizotonic equivalent
- 10 ml SuperVit - 25 vitamins and amino acids
- 500 ml PowerZyme - enzyme additive that works to break down dead plant and root matter, turning it back into sugars that can be used by the plant
- feeding schedule
Anyone had any experience with Hesi? Canna equivalents are like X times the price.

Also... Getting the ReptiGlo bulbs tomorrow so things could get smelly real soon.

ReptiGlo 10.0 is in place on the left side of the grow room some 6'' above plants. It's 75cm / 25w version. I didn't find the proper fixture/ballast so I wired it to 30w fixture I had already. Not very healthy for the bulb but will do for now.
I don't buy into the "nature knows best" BS but as this strain supposedly does best outdoors I've put it on somewhat "natural" UV regiment with most of the UV administered in the middle of the "day". 6 hours and 15 minutes of each day.
This is timer program. Each +/- is 15 minutes: +--+-++-+++-+++-+++++-+++-+++-++-+--+
2012-01-29_Reptiglo.jpg

2012-01-29_Tops_2.jpg

2012-01-29_Underside.jpg

The one in the back right corner is Muffy :) One of the 2 I didn't defoliate, take cuttings or anything. Just LST. She has the thickest top buds and that weird double headed "frankenstem" that spews little fan leaves like mad.
2012-01-29_Muffy_1.jpg

2012-01-29_Muffy_2.jpg

2012-01-29_Muffy_3.jpg

This one is 2 weeks younger than the rest. I feel like I'm wasting time, space and lumens with her so I moved her to less illuminatd part of the room. Those bottom fan leaves are 7'' in diameter.
2012-01-29_Lolita.jpg

And a couple of clones pics. They are on 18/6 now. 6 on the right were a few days later out of humidity dome.
2012-01-29_Clones_all.jpg

2012-01-29_Clones_roots.jpg

I was on the road for a day and a half so I couldn't check on girls for one night.
Yesterday I come home and take a quick pic while they were still in dark. Notice the top bud in far left corner under Reptiglo.
2012-02-01_Tops.jpg

A few more shots of it with and w/o flash.
2012-02-01_Burn_2.jpg

2012-02-01_Burn_1.jpg

UV/light burn over night? Just this one got burned like this and one more leaf on another bud of the same plant but not this severe. The buds closest (12'') to HPS are fine.
Also noticed a lot more of orange/brown/burned(?) pistils on UVB side. The smell did change but I just stopped smoking (again) a few days ago so it could just be that my sense of smell is coming back.
I turned off Reptiglo for now to give them a little rest.

I keep my uvb lights about a foot from the tops. I also keep them on a separate timer so that they run for 6 hours, on 1 off 1. How do you have you uvb light setup?
To much uvb can be bad for your eyes so please do not look at them on.

From previous post:
"ReptiGlo 10.0 is in place on the left side of the grow room some 6'' above plants. It's 75cm / 25w version...
...UV administered in the middle of the "day". 6 hours and 15 minutes of each day.
This is timer program. Each +/- is 15 minutes: +--+-++-+++-+++-+++++-+++-+++-++-+--+"

I moved it to feet away and cut down to 4 hours total. 15 min on, 15 off. Strange, I've seen some people keeping it almost touching the plants.
Don't worry I know how bad UV is. I have a switch to turn it off before I go in.

Flowering day 35 / week 6. No new burns. Got all of the Hesi goodies to finish this and next grow(s).
The smell is starting to kick in. And frosting. Especially on the UV side.
Is this normal for week 6? What do you think this one will yield in the end?
2012-02-03_Jessica.jpg

Hehe except that burn they do look really healthy. This is either an easy strain to grow or I'm doing most of the things right. Temps are not ideal, RH I've no idea what is it (don't have RH meter) but feels OK... And now for the last 3 days HPS timer didn't shut the lights off on time and I had to manually turn it off so the girls had extra 2-3 hours of light each day. German piece of crap :)
Oh well... they went through a lot worse photo period interruptions than this.

The clones are 4 days into flowering now. The ones I transplanted into 2L beer bottles are about a foot on average now. I'll transplant the rest when I drink another 14L of beer. I'll have some extra help with that this weekend so this will be pretty soon :)
Flowering under cool light is supposed to minimize the stretch in this phase right?
2012-02-04_Clones.jpg

3 weeks before harvest and Muffy (the undefoliated one) started yellowing from the bottom real fast. She has some purple stems also. Is this NPK or just N def or regular yellowing before flowering end? Seems too early for the latter one?
All plants are on the same nutrient schedule but the other defoliated plants are all dark green (two tops on the bottom of picture). I fed her some extra strong bloom mix just in case.
2012-02-07_Yellowing.jpg

Exactly. It's just that I thought this "end of flower" was supposed to kick in a few weeks later, after I flush and stop feeding and not half way into flower.

Day 45 defoliation photos. A lot less foliage to remove this time but very sticky and delicate operation at this point.

Before...
2012-02-13_Defoliation_-_before.jpg

...and after:
2012-02-13_Defoliation_-_after.jpg

2012-02-13_Defoliation_-_after_2.jpg

Couple of budshots:
2012-02-13_Buds.jpg

2012-02-13_Muffy_buds.jpg

All 6 of them"
2012-02-13_All.jpg

Looking amazing there brother, as mark said fans do yellow during the end of flower this is a good sign, in a few of your pics i does look like a slight deficiency though just keep a close eye on how the leaves yellow.

Great work!

Thanks GS. The old fan leaves kept on yellowing in spite of some extra N for that plant.

I was counting on 8 weeks of flowering (Dutch Passion says 8-9 weeks for this strain) and then it's chop chop time. So I skipped feeding on week 7 and just watered them. I flushed after 35 days or so of flowering and was thinking about doing a proper flush for the last 2 weeks but then changed my mind and fed some organic nutes on week 8 because they looked far from ripe. Keep in mind these ladies were 1 week in the dark a month ago so maybe I should count -1 week. Plus they all seem to be running on different speeds when it comes to ripeness. I have a 8x mag glass and the trichs still look all milky/clear

Anyway... Here are some pics after 9 weeks of flowering.

This plant will yield the least but always looked closest to harvest, first to have brown pistils and now first to have calyxes really swelling and popping out and pistils receding at the top.
2012-03-02_Plant1_-_Bud1.jpg

2012-03-02_Plant1_-_Bud2.jpg

2012-03-02_Plant1_-_Bud3.jpg

Then I have something like this. Pistils sticking out but not as swollen as the first one...
2012-03-02_Plant2_1.jpg

2012-03-02_Plant2_2.jpg

2012-03-02_Plant2_-_Bud.jpg

And this poor thing...
2012-03-02_Plant3_1.jpg

I removed the dead fan leaves just to get a better look. She's all buds head to toe but not as swollen as the first one.
2012-03-02_Plant3_2.jpg

2012-03-02_Plant3_3.jpg

2012-03-02_Plant3_bud.jpg

2012-03-02_Plant3_bud2.jpg

2012-03-02_Plant3_bud3.jpg

This look ready for harvest to you folks or should I give them a a week or two more? Or am I too late?

Here's some more shots from the flowering room. I skipped a watering the other day and they all wilted. The one at the back even broke a few branches. Heavy burden + low cell pressure = sh** happens.
2012-03-02_room_1.jpg

2012-03-02_room_2.jpg

2012-03-02_room_3.jpg

2012-03-02_room_4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom