InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

2.2 cf is what they sell at Lowes here. That's two 10g pots and 3-4g left over. Is that the size you see?
I looked there a while back. No I go to a hydro shop and buy the 3.8cf bales. Think I pay around 40 bucks or so.

Prices seem to be all over the place for the promix. The only bail I’ve bought was $50 USD online from Walmart. I looked at them on there recently and couldn’t find the same for less than 70.

It’s a nightmare the differences in sourcing products in different places. Finding a even bale of straight peat moss was a challenge and the best price was actually the local on in the end AUD$85 for 3.8 cu ft ($60USD). This country is a bit stupid, financially... dont even ask me what the perlite cost :eek: (i don’t remember :rofl: )

#nofaceplantshed

You Canadians have all the luck!
Except when they import anything from anywhere.
Kinda outrageous really I mean if you order from the ‘zon and it doesn’t get on a boat or plane to get to you should be cheap to ship across the border it’s just an imaginary line man...

I sorta understand shipping across the pond, especially a heavy bale of Pro-Mix.

I order these chisels from Japan, they still are the best traditional blacksmiths in the world imo, and the shipping I pay is negligible. Same thing for Japanese water stones. Now I wait forever and a day for them to get here but it’s all worth it.
AG has it the worst I’ve heard so far sheesh.

No neem,no Spinosad but heh cheap dirt. Go figure.

Not sure where you are in Canada, but check out black swallow living soils... last I checked they could get neem, but that was about a year ago.

Except when they import anything from anywhere.
Kinda outrageous really I mean if you order from the ‘zon and it doesn’t get on a boat or plane to get to you should be cheap to ship across the border it’s just an imaginary line man...

I second this.... between the exchange rate and customs... it’s absurd..not to mention if you purchase on a credit card and then have to pay all their “service fees”.. when ever I’m looking at purchasing in USD I always double the price and that’s roughly what it would cost to get it to me... Need to go back to when our dollars were on par.... that was nice lol

You Canadians are all loonies! ;)

I would imagine most of the price difference between here and up north is customs and the exchange rate rather than shipping, but I really don't know. It can't cost more to ship to Vancouver from L.A. than it does to NY.

@CraZysWeeD Don't they manufacture perlite in Sweden or do we have a lock on that market?

dont even ask me what the perlite cost :eek: (i don’t remember)
I don't want to embarrass you so it will never be mentioned here :thumb:
#nofaceplantshed
:thanks:

----------------------------------------------------------------

For the Thursday update, I'm just posting a few pics of the Candidas taken in the tent before they moved outside this morning. It's much easier for me to get pics in there rather than in daylight.

Flip day 21:

My wife called them "beautiful" this morning :).

Though these did stretch in flower, I'm not seeing the same kind of stretch as on Amy's raised bed versions. Maybe this is as indica as they get? I'm getting the feeling, given the oncoming frost, that we're reaching the end of stretch, so it won't be long before I can give them the trim they need. Now that they spend most days in the sun, light penetration is less of an issue for the flowers, but the leaf density down below is blocking all the airflow when they're in the dark, so most of the lower/inner fans will get taken. The last thing I need here is mold, as it can get pretty damp in that tent at night!

Home Depot sells 2 cf of perlite for $17, but I don't need it anymore with the ProMix HP. I had to add a lot to my Dr Earth soil.

Let's cruise toward the end of the week...:surf:

‘Beautiful’ sounds good! :D

I think it’s a beautiful plant too.

Wouldn’t surprise me if yours were the indica - hard to tell bc you topped and trained and I didn’t. Plus I had the whole starvation incident at a crucial time and lost about a hundred fan leaves so I don’t have an accurate read on it for the purpose of comparison. Maybe I’ll contact the breeder at some point and try to get an idea of how the ‘indica’ pheno expresses. Yours have always seemed bushier than mine - but we treated the so differently. I will top mine next time I’m pretty sure.

That's crazy for a cube of peat amy, I just picked up a BIG bag of perlite 33$ for 10kg
That's a bargain, I pay 6$ for 6L of perlite.... o_O
Yep - about that here, too.
wait forever and a day for them to get here but it’s all worth it.
AG has it the worst I’ve heard so far sheesh.

I’ve tried to get stuff sent slowly and cheaply and oftentimes it’s like pulling teeth - the conversation. Folks just can’t wrap their head around my not needing something ASAP. Me: “So is there a cheaper shipping option? I don’t care how long it takes to get here.” Them: “that’s ok, we can get it to you in a few days” (repeat) :eye-roll:

I concur with the boss!
Aww...thanks y'all. I'll tell her she's in good company!
Wouldn’t surprise me if yours were the indica - hard to tell bc you topped and trained and I didn’t. Plus I had the whole starvation incident at a crucial time and lost about a hundred fan leaves so I don’t have an accurate read on it for the purpose of comparison. Maybe I’ll cibtact the breeder at some point and try to get an idea of how the ‘indica’ pheno expresses. Yours have always seemed bushier than mine - but we treated the so differently. I will top MJ e next tome I’m pretty sure.
I really was referring more to the stretch in flower than the growth generally. I do bush everything up in veg just so I can carry them, but I was imagining the sativa would get taller in flower. I may be totally wrong!
Me: “So is there a cheaper shipping option? I don’t care how long it takes to get here.” Them: “that’s ok, we can get it to you in a few days”
Listening is a dying art. :(
Nice Benchmark!
I'm always happy to be the standard bearer, whether it's deserved or not!

Wouldn’t surprise me if yours were the indica - hard to tell bc you topped and trained and I didn’t. Plus I had the whole starvation incident at a crucial time and lost about a hundred fan leaves so I don’t have an accurate read on it for the purpose of comparison. Maybe I’ll contact the breeder at some point and try to get an idea of how the ‘indica’ pheno expresses. Yours have always seemed bushier than mine - but we treated the so differently. I will top mine next time I’m pretty sure.

Yep - about that here, too.

I’ve tried to get stuff sent slowly and cheaply and oftentimes it’s like pulling teeth - the conversation. Folks just can’t wrap their head around my not needing something ASAP. Me: “So is there a cheaper shipping option? I don’t care how long it takes to get here.” Them: “that’s ok, we can get it to you in a few days” (repeat) :eye-roll:
Yikes lol. Most people these days can’t go from one red light to another without whipping their phone out. Wait longer for something is not in the vocab :hookah:

Listening is a dying art. :(
I’m sorry did you say something?

Back
Top Bottom