InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

The most published ratio I’ve seen for pain is 1:1 CBD:THC. It’s what i use and it’s great. We used a 2:1 ratio for my partner for the post surgical pain after lung surgery and that was initially alongside the opiates. The cannabinoids will help the opioids work better so you should be able to take less of them for the needed effect and then slowly transition off them completely onto the canna only.
Thanks Amy! I have the leftover Blueberry oil I made for the father of a woman in my office, and of course I have the Candida oil I take under my tongue every morning. The .5ml (5mg) dose seems to have no effect on me whatsoever so I should probably start higher.
I had to have the right side re-done. It was a while ago, but if I remember correctly they didn't use any mesh the first time. The last one was on the left side. So far so good.
Oh thanks! I got mesh when they did the right side and they said they will use it this time as well.

Both of mine have mesh now, so hopefully I won't have any more problems. Does your's hurt? My left one never hurt. One day I just noticed a slight bulge. I kept my eye on it for a few weeks, then asked my wife to take a look. She took one look and said that I better go see the doc. I looked at her and said the two most important words a man can say to his wife, "Yes dear".

I start with 1ml of each of mine, and they’re’ about 5mg/ml. Sometimes I’ll end up taking up to 5ml/5ml depends on what kind of pain day it is :) but 1ml of each is my starting point and what I use on regular days (every few hours). I hope it goes well for you buddy :hug: both the surgery and the recovery/pain management.

I'm soliciting opinions on a non-growing topic! As I have mentioned, I'm going in for hernia repair surgery later this month, and this one will be open rather than laparoscopic. I have no idea how much more painful the recovery will be, but I bet it's going to be a lot!

While I have no problem taking Norco for pain, I'm considering THC as an option as well, seeing as I have some on hand. :)

I know many folks find THC great for chronic and migraine pain, but how about post-surgical sliced-your-body-open acute pain?

Here are a list of THC strains I have available, so if you have any experience on this, please let me know what you think:
AK-47
Bedroom Cookies
Berry Bomb
Blueberry
Blue Treacle
Brooklyn Sunrise
DTF
It's It Punch
Peyote Critical
Sour G

:thanks:
Blueberry is good for pain as well as muscles.

Always! :D

I grew a blueberry Auto and an amnesia auto side by side and the amnesia was squat and a little branch and the blueberry stretched to over a metre! Opposite of what we might’v expected. So yah - not predictable at all!

Pain - OK. The most published ratio I’ve seen for pain is 1:1 CBD:THC. It’s what i use and it’s great. We used a 2:1 ratio for my partner for the post surgical pain after lung surgery and that was initially alongside the opiates. The cannabinoids will help the opioids work better so you should be able to take less of them for the needed effect and then slowly transition off them completely onto the canna only. Under the tongue is still the best way - but caps would work too I guess. 1-2hrs is a long time to wait for a painkiller to kick in tho’. UNder the tongue hits me in 15 minute or so... SO my advice is, mix it with CBD for best effects and play with ratios a bit, knowing that 1:1 is, for many people, the ‘holy grail’ for pain :)
1:1 is what my wife uses for her bedtime regime which helps her with sleep and inflammation and pains. I would agree a 1:1 or 2:1 is best!!

Thanks Amy! I have the leftover Blueberry oil I made for the father of a woman in my office, and of course I have the Candida oil I take under my tongue every morning. The .5ml (5mg) dose seems to have no effect on me whatsoever so I should probably start higher.

Oh thanks! I got mesh when they did the right side and they said they will use it this time as well.
Do you increase your CBD. Dose? Have you found that the .5ml dose is optimal for you? Based on my wife’s charts from the doctor increasing up to 1.5ml/2x a day dose is completely acceptable and sometimes needed to find your threshold!

My wife got up to the 1.5ml after about 4weeks of dosing. She’s now comfortable and feels the relief at her dose. Over an extended period of time though she will slightly increase to maintain levels.
I’ll be switching her over to my 20:1 oil once I harvest the CBD plants!

Her 1:1 she’s only taking .7ml per dose 1x a day before bed.

I'm sure it will be norco or perc to start, but I'd like to take it down to advil or tylenol as soon as possible. And if it's still really painful at that point, I'm thinking "what else do I have on hand?"

Not topical as this will be an open wound until it closes up. I was thinking capsules.

I can't really speak to that then, but I do use my BeBo, Northern Lights, and Kush Auto for 9.75mg gel caps (cup to an oz). They knock me out within an hour. There's no pain when you're sleeping! Just have some chicken soup I hear it's good for soul too. No wait...

There's no pain when you're sleeping!
That is not my experience! Before I started using canna again and using it for pain, pain used to incorporate itself into my dreams, I would be in pain in my dreams and regularly woke up with pain. That statement would more accurately read “there’s no pain during sleep if you use cannabis effectively” ;)

I start with 1ml of each of mine, and they’re’ about 5mg/ml. Sometimes I’ll end up taking up to 5ml/5ml depends on what kind of pain day it is but 1ml of each is my starting point and what I use on regular days (every few hours). I hope it goes well for you buddy both the surgery and the recovery/pain management.
Thank you Amy. I will try 1:1 as the starting ratio and see how I feel.
Excellent!
1:1 is what my wife uses for her bedtime regime which helps her with sleep and inflammation and pains. I would agree a 1:1 or 2:1 is best!!
Excellent! I love when great minds agree :).
Do you increase your CBD. Dose?
I haven't, though I really should. My CBD oil is for such a nebulous reason (post concussion syndrome) that I don't know what is the correct dose. I just know that CBD is good for brains and concussions!
My wife got up to the 1.5ml after about 4weeks of dosing. She’s now comfortable and feels the relief at her dose.
Is that all at once or spread throughout the day? I found that the few times I took the CBD oil in the afternoon I had trouble sleeping that night. It happened only twice so it might have been coincidental, but now I only take it in the mornings.
Her 1:1 she’s only taking .7ml per dose 1x a day before bed.
Is that included in the 1.5ml she takes a day? Thanks for the great info Dutch.

Just have time for the rare Saturday night update!

Here is DDA 1 today:

That's not going to amount to anything if it survives. And here is DDA 2, pretty stalled out:

And look what it trying to make an appearance...DDA 3!

I dropped two more seeds in water this afternoon, and one already has a tail! I'm going to wait until tomorrow to put it in peat. Eventually I should get something that grows like a normal plant :).

Last for tonight is the start of LST on the Amnesia Haze auto:

The stem was getting pretty stocky so I thought I should start getting the bend in. No change in lux yet, but that's coming in a couple of days.

That's it for me here...I'll try to get back here tomorrow. :ciao:

True dat! Mine hurts when it gets big (like after a coughing fit that came with my last cold), but not the rest of the time. Didn't stop me from schlepping plants (@ProfessorFlora)! But that's over now, which is a good thing since I think there's a 10 pound max after surgery.
Sorry, I laughed at this post but it has nothing to do with the pain you were in. That would have been horrible. Schlepping!

Thank you Amy. I will try 1:1 as the starting ratio and see how I feel.

Excellent!

Excellent! I love when great minds agree :).

I haven't, though I really should. My CBD oil is for such a nebulous reason (post concussion syndrome) that I don't know what is the correct dose. I just know that CBD is good for brains and concussions!

Is that all at once or spread throughout the day? I found that the few times I took the CBD oil in the afternoon I had trouble sleeping that night. It happened only twice so it might have been coincidental, but now I only take it in the mornings.

Is that included in the 1.5ml she takes a day? Thanks for the great info Dutch.

So my wife takes her 25:1 2x a day + taking her 10:10 once at night time before bed.

She usually wakes up a bit sore and within 30minutes of her first dose she begins to notice a difference. Her second dose is taking roughly 6hrs later and then her final done is taken just before bed.

So in total she’s consuming 1.5ml/2x a day of the 25:1 and .7ml/1x a day at bedtime of the 10:10

I can get a picture of her newest dosing chart when she goes to the doctor this Wednesday!!

I see your starting to LST your Amnesia Haze. In your LST training tutorial, you stated that it's best to wait until the stem will be close to the top of the pot after it's bent. This one appears to be below the rim. Any reason for the change?

The stem was getting pretty stocky so I thought I should start getting the bend in.
I see your starting to LST your Amnesia Haze. In your LST training tutorial, you stated that it's best to wait until the stem will be close to the top of the pot after it's bent. This one appears to be below the rim. Any reason for the change?

I believe it was because of the stocky stem.

I'm soliciting opinions on a non-growing topic! As I have mentioned, I'm going in for hernia repair surgery later this month,
I've had several surgeries in the past few yrs - one of which was for an umbilical hernia. Surprisingly, I was on a cannabis break during that time (about 30 yrs LOL) so I didn't even consider taking any for the post op pain - go figure. I think I just took the Norco for about 4 days.
Here are a list of THC strains I have available, so if you have any experience on this, please let me know what you think:
AK-47
Bedroom Cookies
Berry Bomb
Blueberry
Blue Treacle
Brooklyn Sunrise
DTF
It's It Punch
Peyote Critical
Sour G
Of that list, the only one I've had first-hand experience with is the Blueberry. I have to agree that Blueberry is a good choice - it is the best of my current selection for back and muscle pains. Certainly indica over sativa.
And look what it trying to make an appearance...DDA 3!
20191005_214225 DDA.jpg 20191005_214225 DDA.jpg
What is that wire sticking into the peat? A temperature probe?
Last for tonight is the start of LST on the Amnesia Haze auto:
I wouldn't think LST on an auto would give much benefit since the veg time is so short. I'll be watching closely and probably learning greatly. :Namaste:

20191005_214225 DDA.jpg
Hey buddy nice grow yet again! I didn't know those autos grew that fast or you just gave them extra special loving!

May I ask what is that wire you have there for. Or whatever it is haha.

You should plant it! Or it will drown :eek:
I haven't had that happen before. They just seem to get longer tails like those that use the paper towel method.
Sorry, I laughed at this post but it has nothing to do with the pain you were in. That would have been horrible. Schlepping!
#schlepping!
I'm sailing, I'm saaailing...
About those dreams with pain, every night when I fall asleep I keep waking myself up after 2h often by scratching my chest. I go up have a spliff and then I'm able to sleep for a few hours again. Same every night....
Damn Crazy. I sleep okay when I'm sleeping, but I'm not in any pain (yet)...
So my wife takes her 25:1 2x a day + taking her 10:10 once at night time before bed.
She usually wakes up a bit sore and within 30minutes of her first dose she begins to notice a difference. Her second dose is taking roughly 6hrs later and then her final done is taken just before bed.
So in total she’s consuming 1.5ml/2x a day of the 25:1 and .7ml/1x a day at bedtime of the 10:10
I can get a picture of her newest dosing chart when she goes to the doctor this Wednesday!!
That would be great, thanks Dutch! So she mostly splits it into 2x a day with a bit at bedtime yes? And are the CBD doses capsules or under the tongue?
See MrS below!
I believe it was because of the stocky stem.
This! And also the soil level isn't as high as it should have been. To counter this, I'm not tying it to the side of the pot, but down into the soil with a twist-tie on a stick.
I think I just took the Norco for about 4 days.
I can handle 4 days of Norco (I have the whole week off) but I want to try to stay with two days and then move to tylenol, advil, and canna-meds.
Blueberry is a good choice
Thanks! Consensus :)
A temperature probe?
Indeed. I try to keep the peat as close to 80ºF as possible.
I wouldn't think LST on an auto would give much benefit since the veg time is so short. I'll be watching closely and probably learning greatly.
You should check out my LST thread! It won't accomplish as much with a really short veg (it will still help), but it can do amazing things with a cooperative auto (pardon the rot!):
full

Hey buddy nice grow yet again! I didn't know those autos grew that fast or you just gave them extra special loving!
May I ask what is that wire you have there for. Or whatever it is haha.
:welcome: DK! I'm glad you made it over :). The wire is a temperature probe, and these are the slowest -starting autos I've ever done :eek:.

The DDAs don't seem to seem to be performing all that well for me. Speaking of DDAs...

--------------------------------------

Sunday update!

In the bowl this morning was this:

Again with the free-floating innards:

In the trash it went, and the other one got planted deep:

And into the Shoebox of Light®, where the other DDA hadn't budged:

So I dripped water on it for a while and tried to take its helmet off, unsuccessfully:

And just for fun, here is the root. The bottom of the tap root is facing the wrong way!

And the only one in the pot that looks like a plant looks exactly the same as it did 4 days ago. o_O

Who knows what tomorrow will bring...

Back
Top Bottom