InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Love the analogy Celt! :thanks:

In a synthetic nute grow, plain tap water is all you need.

Agreed.

These secret formulas are mostly marketing to me but I don't have access to lots of brands here so I spend money on experimenting all of the available stuff. In my beginner years, I had a gal. of Flawless Finish and used that for years. I actually got a gal. of everything from Advanced Nutrients :sorry: After finishing that, I migrated to Florakleen and Ripen combo. I haven't used Ripen yet because I also don't know why this replaces everything on last two weeks. I don't want to reduce yield. I am happy with base nute+pk13/14 so far. Having a nice blooming session and expecting around 1-1.5 pounds of cured nugs. No waste on Ripen though. I might also use that as a PK booster.

I didn't post this earlier Shed as I didn't think you were looking to buy the silica, but here's a link in the UK for some mono-silicic acid for your perusal. Probably not worth the cost but if someone like @ProfessorFlora happened to come for a visit he could bring a pint or two ;)

Probably not worth the cost but if someone like @ProfessorFlora happened to come for a visit he could bring a pint or two ;)

That's cool, but could he bring some mono-silicic acid as well? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hey Shed! I saw someone make these DIY fabric/air pots made from waste paper baskets, old t-shirts and elastic bands and thought it was an interesting idea. I reckon they would be great for reducing the risk of overwatering, good airflow and also nice and rigid, making them easy to pick up and move around if need be. Struggling to find a negative side, what do you think? :)

DIY Fabric Pots.jpg

Having a nice blooming session and expecting around 1-1.5 pounds of cured nugs.
Sounds excellent to me! Sometimes chasing additional ounces becomes a fool's errand, unless you're just looking to do experiments.
I didn't think you were looking to buy the silica,
Not if I don't have to because the DE works for that, but if it doesn't, I could be for the right price...

:thanks:
if someone like @ProfessorFlora happened to come for a visit he could bring a pint or two
He'd have to bring his own pints because I'm sure he'd hate our beer :).
Struggling to find a negative side, what do you think?
Nice find WL, and a great re-use! I would need to have the unused baskets already because I'm kinda fond of purpose-built for pots. Can't find any faults though :thumb:
I'm in shed
Greetings Rich, and :welcome: to my overly paginated little slice of 420mag! I'm glad to have you here and feel free to jump in and out as the mood strikes you. Except when we're playing "guess the sex!" Then if you stop by, I will insist that you guess. :cheesygrinsmiley:

For those of you who aren't familiar with Rich, he is the developer of the Bedroom Cookies strain I grew last summer (from a clone from Archiweedies):
full

Jeez...remember last summer? Footloose and fancy free we were...

Man i hope things change for the better for you , same here with the older folks homes and now the Jails Damn stuff !! I have seen a lot of people bitching about wanting to reopen America But luckily there are more smarter people rejecting that for now !? Friend just text me and want to come hang out , haven't seen him in Months (( i got to get more info before that's going to happen . Hang in there brother this can't last forever . Wishing you the Best !
The man that murdered my cousin is in Mission Pen, the virus is spreading fast there. He is serving 2years of 25 years.... So afraid they will release him. He is an older guy so I am sure they are applying for it. Makes me so angry and scared all at the same time.

Sunday harvest update!

I took down the Fruit Punch (Heavyweight Seeds) today, on flip day 57 (135 days from seed). You already saw the before pics, so I'll just show some post chop pics.

Here are the branches after I stripped the big fans:

I only had one container of H2O2 for the wash so I couldn't do the normal high strength version. So after the hydrogen peroxide they went straight into a lemon juice wash (with 2½ cups of fresh squeezed juice!), and then the rinse.

I hung them to dry with fans on them for most of the afternoon, and then grabbed my kids to pull the rest of the fans off (my son stayed to help trim :)). Then into the box:

I've got it open in the shed with fans on them to drive off more moisture since it's pretty damp here at night. Tomorrow I'll close the box and aim the fan at the holes on the bottom.

Here is the trunk, which will be dried for another go at pipe-making per BeezLuiz.

While the buds were drip drying, I made a bird feeder of my own design from a seltzer bottle, a paper plate, and BBQ sticks, at the request of my wife. I cut the bottom off the bottle and left three tabs to fit through the plate, which were hot-glued on (leaving a gap at the bottom for the seeds), along with the sticks:
View media item 1768469
Then I filled it with birdseed, which took longer than the build!
View media item 1768468
And I hung it:
View media item 1768467
It should gravity-feed as the plate gets emptied, assuming the birds find it. No idea how that part works!

I hope you all had a great weekend and look forward to trying to remember what day it is this week. :cool:
Love the feeder! I'm making some one the weekend. That's a great one :welldone:

Up late again Shed?
Almost done for the night! Still an hour earlier than last night, so that's progress...
I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this with you father. Im just catching up. Stay well Shed. My heart is with you and you loved ones. :love:
Thank you MK. My wife made him some food to see if he likes that more than the stuff from their kitchen and I brought it up tonight. He used to love her cooking!
Makes me so angry and scared all at the same time.
They are making some strange choices it seems. I hope you and yours stay safe!
Love the feeder! I'm making some one the weekend. That's a great one
Take MrSauga's advice and put some holes in the top. It is starting to get moist in there!

Highya ITS,

Love the Bedroom Cookies Pic. I haven't seen it before. Very nice job with her! Did she yeild 12 oz or more? Looks like it. She was beautiful! I still can't imagine what it's like dealing with your Dad and Alzheimers. I'm so glad I don't have to. I worked in a couple Alzheimers units. They were fun to be around a lot of the time. We'd play a time game with them. Ask them something that would date stamp their response. Tells me what time period of life they're dwelling in. Happy Smokin'

Hay Shed I have been absent for a few days so I fell behind a bit. I am picking up where you left off , got a lot of journals to catch up on

My Dad lived with dementia. I just rolled with it. It's so sad but made the best of it. If today he wanted to talk about the hard day at work he had (he was at Pinecrest Nursing home, Bobcaygon Ont. the one that lost half it clients to Covid 19, he passed two years ago 2 months before my wedding) or the purple horse he wanted for his birthday.... I was just so grateful to have him with me. Other days were clear as day.

Funny he hated chicken growing up, then he forgot he didn't like chicken :laugh::love:

Love & light
Shed

Back
Top Bottom