InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

hola amigos
i took this pic to ask if its possible yet to know what sex it is and then i noticed the little guys marching on the plant..
they look like the kind of guys who love to eat leafs

IMG_2295.jpg

i've got to buy a filter, in a 5x5 tent with 5 plants would a 300 cfm be enough?
i've read in many growdiaries that people exfoliate usually in the first weeks of flowering, do you suggest to do it?
and, if yes, is there a guide on how to do it? cannot find it..
ty

hola amigos
i took this pic to ask if its possible yet to know what sex it is and then i noticed the little guys marching on the plant..

IMG_2295.jpg

i've got to buy a filter, in a 5x5 tent with 5 plants would a 300 cfm be enough?
i've read in many growdiaries that people exfoliate usually in the first weeks of flowering, do you suggest to do it?
ty
looks like some kind of aphid

@mumps

she looks like it to me??????? just don't spend your kid's stocks on it? especially with this economy,

I’m not sure what function the stipules serve. Some bros claim that slender, crossed stipules are an early sign of females, and that wider, feathery stipules that don’t cross are male. But I don’t know..

hola amigos

IMG_2295.jpg

ty

300 CFM should be plenty for a 5x5 up to 10 feet tall, would need a 6” fan pulling air through it

Highya ITS,
Love the Bedroom Cookies Pic. I haven't seen it before. Very nice job with her! Did she yeild 12 oz or more? Looks like it. She was beautiful! I still can't imagine what it's like dealing with your Dad and Alzheimers. I'm so glad I don't have to. I worked in a couple Alzheimers units. They were fun to be around a lot of the time. We'd play a time game with them. Ask them something that would date stamp their response. Tells me what time period of life they're dwelling in. Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode! My dad is well beyond the point where he can answer questions about himself. He had absolutely no history at all. Long and short term memory have disappeared. All he has left (when I last saw him) was his sunny disposition :).

Bedroom Cookies came in at 307 grams / 10.8 ounces (I lost a bit to botrytis though). Mighta hit 12 without the rot!
Haha this one definitely does move quick, I'll try my best to keep up. You doing another round outdoors?
I grow outdoors all year. Indoors at night to keep the damp off them, so I move all my plants twice a day!
Shed I am just realizing that you are dealing with Alzheimer's and your dad. I am so sorry I know how difficult it is and what a terrible disease it is. I was the sole care giver for my mother who passed from Alzheimer's a little over a year ago stay strong!
Thanks smokey. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, but good for you to be able to take care of her at the end of her life.
My Dad lived with dementia. I just rolled with it. It's so sad but made the best of it. If today he wanted to talk about the hard day at work he had (he was at Pinecrest Nursing home, Bobcaygon Ont. the one that lost half it clients to Covid 19, he passed two years ago 2 months before my wedding) or the purple horse he wanted for his birthday.... I was just so grateful to have him with me. Other days were clear as day.
Funny he hated chicken growing up, then he forgot he didn't like chicken
I'm so glad he passed before the COVID-19 lockdowns, so at least I hope you got to see him in his final days. I feel terrible for those who can't see their loved ones at the end. And it's amazing what they forget they don't like!
little guys marching on the plant..
Aphids! Neem oil or any insecticidal soap will kill them easy.
Defoliation is a personal preference, so I would look at a lot of different techniques and youtube videos.

I like to take off every lower bud and every branch that isn't at the canopy after stretch is finished, and I try to leave the fan leaves adjoining those lower branches. Though I do take enough leaves to get good airflow through the middle. It's a balance, like most of growing.
oh BTW shed? hope lifes good and green?????
We're surviving so far down here, thanks Norcali! Hope all is well up with you and yours. I promise to get some pics up for you soon :).

Myself, I wouldn’t go by the stipules
E6E8400A-A317-4A73-B41E-518E69FF8151.jpeg
144BF1E9-FE2C-4294-A019-17653879E281.png
:eek: :thumb: Thanks!

I have found the crossed stipules predictor relatively reliable... so far, but it’s great to see those and get a clear picture that it isn’t really a surefire indicator of anything!
(I can also show it to my buddy who keeps telling me it like it’s gospel, those should shut him up, LOL)

hola amigos

IMG_2295.jpg

ty

I had a multi-year whitefly infestation and I think that's what those are. They aren't terribly destructive, but they'll get a foothold and you'll never be able to get rid of them. They'll adapt to anything you throw at them if you don't completely destroy them. It'll be tempting not to go all-in, because they don't hurt the plant that much. But they leave their crap - "dew" - all over everything. The young ones suck fluids from the plants, become adults, and crap it back out onto the foliage - a sucrose based clear fluid.

It'll take a multi-product approach, on a schedule, until you kill them all, and then you'll need to keep up a preventative protocol for awhile, until you're sure they're gone.

:straightface: :(

I tried to live with them for a couple years.

White fly and aphids are related. I spent a summer w whitefly this year and I’m pretty sure that’s an aphid mumps has there. Pretty sure.

leave their crap - "dew" - all over everything
I wonder if that contributed to the white webby mould i got. :hmmmm: I’m sure the foliar spraying was a big contributor, but “dew” from all the lil suckers was maybe part of it too.

Back
Top Bottom