InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

hi shed
so...my pots are small (3 gallons) and i ran out of space for LST ...how do i keep LSTing my plants?
it's difficoult to keep the main stem at the same level as the others
i've seen some people put sticks in the soil...
some other use something like this under the pot

Immagine112.jpg

since i move the plants twice a day (same as you do) i guess i would prefer to go with the sticks
what do you suggest?
ty

I'm not Shed... although he's my LST Sensei :D Anyway, here's one method: holes drilled along the rim of the bucket for tie downs. The two main tie downs for the bottom and top of the stem are always to the holes since that holds them rigidly in place. I use that in combination with bent pieces of wires for anchoring smaller branches in the soil.

Day_21_AM2_LST.JPG

really cool thanks for the answer
unfortunatly i grow in 3 gallons fabric pots, i cant even see what im watering anymore : D
later i'll post some pics
for the next grow i got three 4 gallon air pots...those have holes and tieing should be definetly easier.
they are going into the soil next week with the waning moon..i need to choose the strain since i got a few seeds left..
unfortunatly they are all auto since i thought that growing photos needed 6 months as in the oudoor grow...if i knew that photos need just about a month more than autos i would have gone with photos since the beginning.
i would like to grow just one strain and i can choose between:
blackberry kush
auto mazar
daiquiri lime
(all of them from dutch passion)
btw i also have two photos seeds, one mokum tulip from dutch passion and one peyote wi fi cbd from seedsman...i would need another one but im not buying anymore seeds at the moment..
what would you grow?

If it has silica in it you could just as easily get it out by steeping it in water, like a Tea. Soon as you add brown sugar to these things for nutrient extraction you get a whole lot of other stuff going on – I’m not a fan myself, of adding sugar.

For Shed’s purposes though I don’t think you could easily know how much was in it, i.e. what concentration, no matter how you extract… And that won’t work for our Shed buddy! :laughtwo:

for me though, I’m going to be adding some to simple Stinging nettle or casuarina (our equisetum) teas down the track, thanks otter :ciao:
I'm glad it was food for thought. Yes, no idea of amounts in the warts. Also I never made any sugar fermented things. I've just enough information to be dangerous. So drying it out and making tea makes sense to me. Thank You Amy!

i grow in 3 gallons fabric pots
For fabric pots, a lot of people use binder clips and then attach the tie downs to the metal part. Some crafty people add rivets to the top edge of the pots and tie down with those. I’m particular to something called lawn staples. But whatever is most accessible to you will work great!

about the aphids, yesterday i tried with some linseed oil i had from a previous issue but today they were happier than ever so i went to the local shop and the guy gave me some deltamethrin product
they did drop dead in like 20 seconds
after that i gave her a good wash with water...i'll go check her again tomorrow
with just 3 days outdoor in normal soil (seems like good soil cause last year has grown an healty plant with just plain water...apparently good plant since i didnt know anything about growing) she doubled her size..amazing

For fabric pots, a lot of people use binder clips and then attach the tie downs to the metal part. Some crafty people add rivets to the top edge of the pots and tie down with those. I’m particular to something called lawn staples. But whatever is most accessible to you will work great!

thanks, i've seen some picture of people doing that but with this quarantine thing i've used what i had, i'll keep in mind for the next grow
what im using:
s-l400.jpg

graffette-zincate_PDT01149.jpg

i'm not that crafty hopefully..im pretty honest : D
she's crafty, she's gets around
she's crafty, she's always down
she's crafty, she's got a gripe
she's crafty, and she's just my type
(the beastie boys)

The black binder clips work great with that green garden wire tire you have pictured. I found any kind of paper clips to be a pain

about the aphids, yesterday i tried with some linseed oil i had from a previous issue but today they were happier than ever so i went to the local shop and the guy gave me some deltamethrin product
after that i gave her a good wash with water...i'll go check her again tomorrow
with just 3 days outdoor in normal soil (seems like good soil cause last year has grown an healty plant with just plain water...apparently good plant since i didnt know anything about growing) she doubled her size..amazing

Hey mumps, I would be careful using linseed oil on your plants. I’ve never heard tell of it being used on plants, it commonly used for preserving wood. It won’t hurt you, raw linseed oil is edible, but it could hurt your plants.

For preserving wood, it works by absorbing into the pores and as it dries, forms a waxy coating to keep water out. If it were to do this to the stomata on your leaves, it could literally suffocate her.

Something I thought I would throw out there.

about the aphids, ...so i went to the local shop and the guy gave me some deltamethrin product
after that i gave her a good wash with water...

From the interweb:

If enough deltamethrin is breathed in, it can cause headaches and dizziness. Although not common, individuals who have ingested large amounts of deltamethrin have experienced nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and muscle twitches.

It has a half-life ranging from 5.7- 209 days. Half-life is the measure of time it takes for half of the applied amount to break down.

Personally, I wouldn’t use it on anything I plan to inhale/ingest.

about the linseed oil is some specific product for plants, i've checked now and is 20% linseed oil and goes 4ml per gallon...
btw i remember giving linseed oil to some wood table with my dad many years ago, infact when i bought it i had like a deja vu...thats why...thanks
about the deltamethrin, i've figured out it was something chemical since its made by bayern
so you are right, i shouldnt had use it, anyway i tried limiting the damage washing the plants really good after 2 minutes
it was 4ml per gallon (i sprayed maybe 1/200 gallon or less) and on the packaging it says to repeat the treatment..i will stop here of course, thanks
the cages idea is beautiful
the plastik milk crane are also great but maybe are better for bigger pots

Back
Top Bottom