InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Hey Mumps,

Just a heads up, I know linseed oil has many uses but don’t forget the warnings about linseed oil used on cloth or rags causing spontaneous combustion... exothermic reaction and all.

In other words spill a bit of linseed oil, wipe it up with a rag & toss it in the corner and POOF you just burned down the joint.

Pretty freaky stuff!

:thumb: HI Bode - lots of people do make teas and FPJs w sugar, I know! I just didnt like it much and have read a few things about it being more prone to going off and making microbes “lazy” LOL. Not a very technical way of describing it I know! My brain tires easily. It’s mostly about wanting the microbes to eat other things than sugar. It’s a preference only not a criticism or directive :love: . I just wanted to include that it is possible to do it without it :)
I agree with you about microbes eating sugar makes them lazy. I'm trying to increase the speed (hence sugar) of multiplying the microbes, so when I use the spray in my garden, it will gobble up some of the organic matter there. I'm sure I have too much organic matter, but the garden area grows some nice produce, so I keep amending the soil each year.
So, how would you extract nutrients and enzymes and hormones from the stinging nettles? Happy Smokin'

Hey Bode :) The easiest way, as recommended to me by @bobrown14 , is to boil it on the stove top in water, like any tea, and as bo heartily recommends, pour yourself a cup and feed the rest to the plants!

I also do a longer brew FPJ version, which I do by putting some in a large bucket out side w water, a loose lid and some LABs thrown in and let it do it’s thing for 3-6weeks, stirring regularly and making sure it doesn’t go anaerobic. That’s the same way I do any FPJ. I don’t use sugar or molasses in any of the processes (not in my LABs - i keep that in the fridge - and not in the FPJ mixes).

I was discussing the stinging nettle nettle w Conradino some time ago and one of the things he said about it is that it is a pretty complete and well balanced nutrient that wont affect the balance of your soil. As I transition away from Doc’s high brix kit an back to locally-sourced organics I will eventually be using the nettle a lot (and seaweed of course)!

Sorry for the MIA folks. I know it seems like it should be the opposite, but it's hard for me to get on here with the stay at home/work from home stuff going on. Let me try a bit of catch up here, if not the other journals I will be falling further and further behind on :( :

Since it doesn’t do anything against the bugs once it dries, you might as well rinse it off right away after it does its job
Great advice, thanks Felipe! I hadn't heard that about Safers but I will include it if I recommend it again. In veg it should be okay I would imagine though.
cukes have a surprise in their skin.
Nice find otter, thanks!
Hehe, I don't know the science CraZ. That's the soap I used to bring into the woods when I'd go for a hike back in the day. One smell of it and I'm back there.
I used to travel with the Dr Bronner's peppermint castille soap, as it works for soap, shampoo, and toothpaste!
I'd think an equal amount in weight of brown sugar and warty cucumber skin in a lightly covered jar for a month or so at room temp could make some.
That's a lot of sugar! I don't see any reason to add something like sugar to it, as Amy mentioned. I would just be looking for the silica as I don't grow LOS.
For Shed’s purposes though I don’t think you could easily know how much was in it, i.e. what concentration, no matter how you extract… And that won’t work for our Shed buddy!
Quite true! Though I am adding 1tsp/gallon of DE to see if that adds any silica benefit. Pretty inexact I'd say!
What’s goin on shed? You ready for some fun in the sun this summer? Hope all is well with you my friend!
:ciao: LED! Always a pleasure to see you back on the site. If you have a new journal drop a link here please. :thanks:
Sheds journal is a playground for interruptions and sidebars!
It is, and it's always welcome. One of the great things about you all is the ability to keep this journal alive even in my absence.
how do i keep LSTing my plants?
Beside all the great tips you've already gotten, BBQ sticks is one method I use:

When the plant gets too strong I lash three together with pipe cleaners and brace them against another set of three going at 90º across the pot. Once it outgrows that trick it's definitely time to either transplant or flip!
I been using 12" pipe cleaners and the blk. clips for paper.
That's what I use!
If enough deltamethrin is breathed in, it can cause headaches and dizziness. Although not common, individuals who have ingested large amounts of deltamethrin have experienced nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and muscle twitches.
It has a half-life ranging from 5.7- 209 days. Half-life is the measure of time it takes for half of the applied amount to break down.
Personally, I wouldn’t use it on anything I plan to inhale/ingest.
Thanks Felipe! Anything in the pyrethrin category often shows up as a banned pesticide in legal cannabis states, so I stay clear.
Or go with cages.
:thumb:
Exactly! I don’t eat anything w added sugar
Me neeths! Though I can't say I don't have lazy microbes :).

Wednesday night update because I do still have plants.

Here is just a quick tour of what's growing, not counting the now FIVE mother plants...

Golden Tiger on flip day 67:

I have an order of H2O2 coming tomorrow so this will be harvested on Friday. Given the amount of PM on it I would rather it get a bit overripe than chop without an H2O2 bath.

Next up is the AF-47:

That is a lot bigger than the other plant for the spring grow, which is the Carnival:

I was supposed to be flipping these two when the GT came down, but I may hold off a while. I should be transplanting the Carnival this weekend so I hope new soil will give it a boost to catch up with the AF.

And finally, the Candida clones that I will be using for seed-making at some point:

Two weeks since they were cut and the domes have been tipped back like that for about three days. I'm pretty sure they're rooted already but I can't see any yet.

The Carnival top didn't make it, but I will be taking cuttings of that when I thin after transplant, so I'll get one then. Yet another mother!

Thanks for keeping this place alive for me when I can't be here.

:Namaste:

I have an order of H2O2 coming tomorrow so this will be harvested on Friday.
That GT looks great! I think you might need the family unit to help with the harvest activities. :cool:

Agreed with all the Golden Tiger looks exotic and delicious! I might have to try it soon

Highya ITS,

I have to agree with above sentiments; your Golden Tiger looks droolworthy! Really sad about the PM, though.

The Carnival is off to a great start! You should get some big colas from the way you topped it. I have a hard time topping them that small in the garden. They always get too tall.

With the cbd clones, are you wanting to combine THC and CBD back in the same plant? That's another experiment I'm doing this summer. Eventually, I'd like to be able to grow one strain and get all the medical benefits in one place. Not that I will, just like to make it easier for this stoner! Happy Smokin'

Can sometimes be helpful in a racy sativa, or so I’ve heard.
Let's hope so...it's got some amber on it!
Those colas are pretty darn fat!
Fat but not dense like the Berry Bomb. Is that the sativa aspect? These two are my first real sativas.
Shed, you can jump in any time.
Will do!
Everything looks well in your garden, that GT looks really heavy
Thanks Crazy :).
Looking great Sir Shed
Thank you otter!
That Golden Tiger is a BEAST!
Well done muh man! Gonna be a solid yield right thurrr.
Tanks P! Gonna have to trim really tight to get all the dead sugars off though. PM ate through a lot of them
:thanks:
That GT looks great! I think you might need the family unit to help with the harvest activities.
Not the way you had it organized, that's for sure! I'll take all the fans off today when it cools down to save some time tomorrow.
Agreed with all the Golden Tiger looks exotic and delicious! I might have to try it soon
I'll get a smoke report (of some sort) as soon as I quick dry something from the harvest.
I have to agree with above sentiments; your Golden Tiger looks droolworthy! Really sad about the PM, though
Thanks Bode! I'm going to make a citric acid spray to see if it will help (similar to Nuke 'Em).
The Carnival is off to a great start! You should get some big colas from the way you topped it.
If I don't LST I usually just top once. How long they will veg will determine how tall before I cut.
With the cbd clones, are you wanting to combine THC and CBD back in the same plant? That's another experiment I'm doing this summer. Eventually, I'd like to be able to grow one strain and get all the medical benefits in one place.
I'm a firm believer in custom blending oils for the best medical benefits at any time, so I'm not messing with the Candida genetics at all. Even top breeding companies - with all their access to testing - have difficulty stabilizing the THC:CBD ratios in their strains, so I can't see trying to create the perfect blend at home. The odds on finding and repeating what works seem slim, and folks' medical needs change over time, so a 1:1 might work now but in six months a 1:2 might be better.

These will be crossed with each other (essentially S1's) because I want a backup supply of seeds, especially since they are almost impossible to find these days. These will still be straight CBD.

Hey Shed. Good to have you back.

Just thought I'd let you know that your choice (Big Toof) popped today. That's one journal you don't have to worry about catching up with.

Your Golden Tiger has a lovely clean bag. Do you floss it?

Hey Shed. Good to have you back.
Just thought I'd let you know that your choice (Big Toof) popped today. That's one journal you don't have to worry about catching up with.
Your Golden Tiger has a lovely clean bag. Do you floss it?
Nice work on the Toof, and I have found that the tan Geopots (those are all I have), don't show salt buildup the way the black bags from Amazon do. They're sponsors and have quality products! Nothing gets flossed at my house. :cheesygrinsmiley:

-------------------------------------------------
Let's have a quick Thursday update while I have a minute.

Here is the final harvest weight on the Fruit Punch:

That's 213 grams or 7.5 ounces. Not bad but I was hoping for more given the plant size. Do I lower my expectations with sativa harvests? 134 days above ground (57 days post flip), which works out to 1.6 grams/day, which turns out to be in line with much of my harvests last summer. I'll stop complaining now :).

On to the trichome pics of the Golden Tiger that will be coming down tomorrow if UPS brings my H2O2 today:

Loads of amber on there, so I hope it stays happy uppy and giggly!

I hope you stay the same. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom