InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Nice work on the Toof, and I have found that the tan Geopots (those are all I have), don't show salt buildup the way the black bags from Amazon do. They're sponsors and have quality products! Nothing gets flossed at my house. :cheesygrinsmiley:

-------------------------------------------------
Let's have a quick Thursday update while I have a minute.

Here is the final harvest weight on the Fruit Punch:

That's 213 grams or 7.5 ounces. Not bad but I was hoping for more given the plant size. Do I lower my expectations with sativa harvests? 134 days above ground (57 days post flip), which works out to 1.6 grams/day, which turns out to be in line with much of my harvests last summer. I'll stop complaining now :).

On to the trichome pics of the Golden Tiger that will be coming down tomorrow if UPS brings my H2O2 today:

Loads of amber on there, so I hope it stays happy uppy and giggly!

I hope you stay the same. :high-five:
Lol. I have won quite a few Geopots and would love to show them off. It's that old chestnut again though.

Congrats on the score. I wouldn't be complaining with that

Nice job/weight on that FP, Shed!
The GT is going to be another great one- hopefully, your H2o2 shows up on time ....she's sooo ready!

Congrats with the FP harvest! Only 7.5 oz? You need to start using 20 gallon pots. ;)
Loads of amber on there, so I hope it stays happy uppy and giggly!
Lots of amber, but also I still see some clear so you are probably still looking good. :thumb:

For amber waves of grain trichs!!
Big congrats on a stellar harvest!
Thanks double H!
Lol. I have won quite a few Geopots and would love to show them off. It's that old chestnut again though.
Congrats on the score. I wouldn't be complaining with that
I understand their reticence to ship free prizes overseas though. It cost me almost $15 just to ship a padded envelope (with a small piece of cardboard in it) to Canada. :eek:
Looking tasty, shed!
Thank you DAB!
Nice haul on the FP. How does it smell?
Hope that GT doesn’t put your wife to sleep with all that amber. :laughtwo:
Smells like coffee and something sweet,with a hint of tangy. Does that help?

I will be quick drying a lower bud tomorrow as a tester, so we'll know pretty soon if it's a literally a knockout :).
Nice job/weight on that FP, Shed!
The GT is going to be another great one- hopefully, your H2o2 shows up on time ....she's sooo ready!
Thanks carcass! UPS has the H2O2 delivery by 9pm tonight so we'll see...
maybE so. Usually will be more loosely stacked.
True, that could explain it.
i’d say so! That’s nearly half a pound, from one plant in a small pot outside!
It was a 7 gallon pot, which was the same as almost all my summer plants with the exception of the IIP in a pre-hernia 10 gallon. The most interesting thing to me when I look at the data from those harvests (sorry @BeezLuiz, no graphs...will a chart do?), is that all of those were clones, with the exception of the DTF seed, which was nearly identical in days alive and g/day. Having seen the data, I'm fine. It was the size of the plant that misled my expectations.
Hmmm just a while back we were so happy to knock down 4 zips and now look at us not happy with 7.5. Lol
Yeah, we were so easy to please back then with our little autoflowers. :slide:
Congrats with the FP harvest! Only 7.5 oz? You need to start using 20 gallon pots.
LOL! Only if you come down and build dollies!
Lots of amber, but also I still see some clear so you are probably still looking good.
I hope so! Amy does say that amber outside isn't the same as amber in a tent, so this might be a good test of that theory.

Looking good Shed. Great to see some amber showing for harvest. Most buds I see presented online seem to be mostly clear trichomes which to me sometimes appears a little early to harvest, personal tastes rule for when to chop of course.

amber outside isn't the same as amber in a tent
:thumb: The action of the sun can bring it on, so it’s not necessarily a measure of the ripeness of a whole plant, outside.

To me, lots of those trichs with amber on your GT look like it’s a thin layer around the surface and light in colour, not thick or dark amber all the way through, maybe that’s part of the same phenomenon.

9.5 weeks seems early for a pure sativa harvest, but it’s up to you of course and there are lots of cloudy. I see a bit of clear still too and my only concern would be that a harvesting this early will give a great high, ‘without legs’ as the saying goes. Meaning, it may be short lived. ONly way to know is to try it I guess and experiment over time w how it ripens there, in your environment. Have you taken a tester yet?

ANd I’m not saying ‘don’t harvest yet’, just sharing my thoughts :)

For me, it's balancing the new trich growth against the old.

If the plant is still building new calyxes at a good pace, I figure you get a net plus. Those fresh ones will offset the decaying ones. And that's how you get a sativa to yield higher than a hybrid - you get them in the zone where they'll just keep building new calyxes.

:thumb:

But I'm also the guy that'll let 'em go 16 weeks. :cheesygrinsmiley: Thai x Malawi should be closer to 12.

:thumb: The action of the sun can bring it on, so it’s not necessarily a measure of the ripeness of a whole plant, outside.

To me, lots of those trichs with amber on your GT look like it’s a thin layer around the surface and light in colour, not thick or dark amber all the way through, maybe that’s part of the same phenomenon.

9.5 weeks seems early for a pure sativa harvest, but it’s up to you of course and there are lots of cloudy. I see a bit of clear still too and my only concern would be that a harvesting this early will give a great high, ‘without legs’ as the saying goes. Meaning, it may be short lived. ONly way to know is to try it I guess and experiment over time w how it ripens there, in your environment. Have you taken a tester yet?

ANd I’m not saying ‘don’t harvest yet’, just sharing my thoughts :)
That's interesting Amy, when I recently harvested my outdoor plants I was aiming for some amber, something like maybe 10 - 30%. When finally amber started to show there was a concern of waiting too long and suddenly overshooting. I eventually harvested them after approx 12 weeks plus of flowering. There seemed quite a few sugar leaves with amber and yet others cloudy and free of amber, and still quite a few clear trichomes. I think in the end I got in the range of 10 - 20% amber (but it is really hard to judge), I felt I'd let the flowering go for a reasonable duration. But next time I would consider going for an extra week to get a little more amber as it turned out quite a slow progression.

Hey Brother @InTheShed! Nice harvest! :welldone:

I'm not sure how I missed this journal :sorry: and would love to tell you I'm all caught up but let's just say I'll catch up from here forward! :rofl:
You missed this journal because it moves at warp speed!

Looking good Shed. Great to see some amber showing for harvest. Most buds I see presented online seem to be mostly clear trichomes which to me sometimes appears a little early to harvest, personal tastes rule for when to chop of course.
I think this one is ready. I don't usually even let them get this amber. Of course, the H2O2 hasn't shown up yet, but they do have 35 minutes!
9.5 weeks seems early for a pure sativa harvest, but it’s up to you of course and there are lots of cloudy. I see a bit of clear still too and my only concern would be that a harvesting this early will give a great high, ‘without legs’ as the saying goes. Meaning, it may be short lived. ONly way to know is to try it I guess and experiment over time w how it ripens there, in your environment.
I've heard of sativas having clear well beyond their sell-by date, and that's not a chance I'm willing to take. I'll take a shorter acting high if the trade off is potential CBN.
If the plant is still building new calyxes at a good pace, I figure you get a net plus. Those fresh ones will offset the decaying ones. And that's how you get a sativa to yield higher than a hybrid - you get them in the zone where they'll just keep building new calyxes.
Thanks Graytail! These buds haven't developed any further in at least a week, maybe a bit more. If I were seeing anything that looked remotely like bulking I would leave it since it's only 68 days, but for those who harvest without a loupe and just look at the plant to see if it's done, this looks done.
I'm not sure how I missed this journal
:welcome: Mr. Krip! It's nice to have you here. We're a pretty level-headed group here, so I think you'll find it a nice place to be :).
Hay Shed. Just Surfing through keeping caught up. That GT looks Great I Love a good Sativa high
Thanks PCa!
You missed this journal because it moves at warp speed!
This place is nothing compared top PCaddict's journal. That thing was almost always 8 pages a day. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom