InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

What’s this dry trimming of which you speak? Do you mean that you take your scissors to the sugar leaves after they’re crispy?

I just pull the fan leaves off for drying. The humidity is typically so low here that I leave the sugar leaves on to keep the buds from drying too fast. Then I leave them alone to protect the trichs on the buds. Trimming them off at that point seems like it would be messy, with crunchy dried bits sticking to the buds. I just clip them off when I am preparing some cured herb for consumption. After all, I don’t need to manicure them to make them pretty for sale.

What’s this dry trimming of which you speak? Do you mean that you take your scissors to the sugar leaves after they’re crispy?
I mean only removing the largest fans, hanging the entire plants or individual branches and allowing it all to dry. Once dry I usually pick the sugars and small leaves off with my fingers. I only use scissors when wet trimming and to remove buds from stems when dry trimming

hi shed, hope everything is good
i would like to introduce you this little guy who lives on my northern light auto
I had a demon on my outdoors Auto Purple Gorilla the other day as well. Biggest spider mite ever!....
DSC01728.JPG
DSC01725.JPG

I dry trim. I just flick off sugars with the very tip of my trimmer.
I tried wet trimming for my first few harvests. I take less bud off with a dry trim.
I still get nice looking product.

I’m with the wet trim crew :) any bud I intend to cure and smoke gets wet trimmed, if I am making it into hash, then just the fan leaves come off.
I'm not really with any crew yet and still do it both ways depending on how much motivation I have. I find wet trimming to be more of a chore because of having to hold the snips for hours on end. Sometimes I get hand cramps and have to have rest breaks lol. I'm more than twice as fast when dry trimming (picking) with my hands but unlike @FelipeBlu its pretty humid here most of the time so its less risky to get things dry more quickly. Removing everything from the flowers speeds up drying a little which is why I still wet trim

Just a drive-by;;;;
And my little 2 cents,, that hermie,, depends on what you got growing with it and if you don't mind chances.. Sure some only put out a few males here and here,, but don't take much with a fan on in a room to spread. And that might mean a seed or two. Couple seeds ain't bad,, but the idea the pollen came from a hermie,,, wood make me alittle warry of the seeds.. Could be good seed, an could be hermies......
I hope all had a great Memorial Day.....
Safe and Keepem Green
Thanks Norcali! I don't plan on letting anything get even close to ripe enough to open. I'm just taking any flowers that have balls (or the start to show them) and tossing them in the salve bin. And in a few days I will strip the lowers and start misting the plant twice a day in case I miss something.
I am wet trimmer as well we seem to be few and far between here. I also have a penicillin allergy no issues with plants or myself (okay I have issues let's not go there).
I find that the trichomes on my sugar leaves never make it anywhere near the tips, so I want that part of the leaf gone before it gets smoked. And it's a lot easier to take them off when they're sticking out wet than curled in and dry.
I just pull the fan leaves off for drying. The humidity is typically so low here that I leave the sugar leaves on to keep the buds from drying too fast. Then I leave them alone to protect the trichs on the buds.
In really dry areas hanging the plant whole is probably recommended!
hi shed, hope everything is good
i would like to introduce you this little guy who lives on my northern light auto
:eek: Nice one mumps!
I had a demon on my outdoors Auto Purple Gorilla the other day as well. Biggest spider mite ever!....
:eek: :eek: Another beauty!
I dry trim. I just flick off sugars with the very tip of my trimmer.
I tried wet trimming for my first few harvests. I take less bud off with a dry trim.
I still get nice looking product.
Flicking sugars with the tip of your trimmer sounds like an excellent idea, but I take more off when I dry trim because I can't see what I'm doing when it's all dried out.
I’m with the wet trim crew :) any bud I intend to cure and smoke gets wet trimmed, if I am making it into hash, then just the fan leaves come off.
This ^ , only oil for me.
its pretty humid here most of the time so its less risky to get things dry more quickly. Removing everything from the flowers speeds up drying a little which is why I still wet trim
This ^ !

I’ve never done any reversing but am curious to see what people think. Just on my limited knowledge if I were gonna do it tomorrow I’d probably get the STS spray that Twenty20 Mendocino offers.

So my hermie stops showing pollen sacs!

Speaking of GA3 (aka Gibberellic Acid 3), have you tried CS and STS and found GA3 better in some way? Or is that just how you have always done it? I'm trying to decide between GA3 and STS for my Candidas so pros and cons are welcome!
Don’t think it would stop the formation of sacs on a hermie, you use it for 5 days before flipping.

I tried CS my first attempt and had no luck with it so went to GA3, I‘ve not tried STS. I went to GA3 because it can also be used to break dormancy in old seed so decided multiple uses was the way to go.

Spider pigs and dry panning...

I wet trim as well and its just for convenience I do this, dry leafs make a mess everywhere when handling them and specially if they still sit on the plants and buds. I use big trays and stuff but seems like it always gets under my socks somehow and leaving that proof in some places I visit like my work would be a disaster to me.

Wouldn’t it be swell if spraying sts on male plants could turn them female? (Has anyone ever tried this?)
No but using GA3 on males will reverse them but why would you want to lol
So my hermie stops showing pollen sacs!

Speaking of GA3 (aka Gibberellic Acid 3), have you tried CS and STS and found GA3 better in some way? Or is that just how you have always done it? I'm trying to decide between GA3 and STS for my Candidas so pros and cons are welcome!
Don’t think it would stop the formation of sacs on a hermie, you use it for 5 days before flipping.

I tried CS my first attempt and had no luck with it so went to GA3, I‘ve not tried STS. I went to GA3 because it can also be used to break dormancy in old seed so decided multiple uses was the way to go.
There used to be a product by Dutch Masters called "Reverse" that would turn a hermie (NOT a male!) back into a Female. I'm not sure why the product was discontinued but I think you can still find it new on the Bay.

another 20 days are past and i think the sex is finally beginning to show..so...male or female?

im having a few issues with my plants, all different strains and each one with a different lookalike problem
this is the one that bothers me the most

i was feeding with biobizz but i switched to Megacrop about a week ago, apparently the yellowing is getting better and the new leafs are greener, i also pruned the most yellow leafs (they were also crispy and apparently dead)
i also found out i overfeeded a bit because the tips of the leafes looked like burned (i just used the minimum amount of nutes but probably autos are more sensitive)
what do you think?
the strain is RQS sweet zz and im growing in soil, biobizz all mix in about 2.5 gallons pot, she was the first that started flowering, about 28 days after sprout, today i am at day 52 from sprout

this other one (royal gorilla auto) is been feeded with megacrop from the beginning and as you can see the plant is much greener than the biobizz plants.
dont know if you can see it from the pics but all the tips of the leafs are twisted and more or less is always like that, is that a "too much light" problem? i've tried to raise the light a bit but didnt change much..i thought that maybe it could be caused from overfeed aswell (i've started with 4 grams every 2 gallon and now i am at 1gram per gallon), last feed i gave all of them half megacrop dose (4 grams every 2 gallons), lets see if this change anything.

this is the norther light auto where the spider lives, she looks exactly the same than the gorilla, cannot tell one another apart from the fact that this one doesnt have the twisted leafs
i basically didnt take any leaf off the plants, just the few dying in the plant with yellowing issues,
do you think i should prune the lower and a bit yellow leafs?
and what about the biggest leafs on top that block light to reach the flowers?
untill now i just tucked the leafs in as shed suggested
thanks guys : )

another 20 days are past and i think the sex is finally beginning to show..so...male or female?

im having a few issues with my plants, all different strains and each one with a different lookalike problem
this is the one that bothers me the most

i was feeding with biobizz but i switched to Megacrop about a week ago, apparently the yellowing is getting better and the new leafs are greener, i also pruned the most yellow leafs (they were also crispy and apparently dead)
i also found out i overfeeded a bit because the tips of the leafes looked like burned (i just used the minimum amount of nutes but probably autos are more sensitive)
what do you think?
the strain is RQS sweet zz and im growing in soil, biobizz all mix in about 2.5 gallons pot, she was the first that started flowering, about 28 days after sprout, today i am at day 52 from sprout

this other one (royal gorilla auto) is been feeded with megacrop from the beginning and as you can see the plant is much greener than the biobizz plants.
dont know if you can see it from the pics but all the tips of the leafs are twisted and more or less is always like that, is that a "too much light" problem? i've tried to raise the light a bit but didnt change much..i thought that maybe it could be caused from overfeed aswell (i've started with 4 grams every 2 gallon and now i am at 1gram per gallon), last feed i gave all of them half megacrop dose (4 grams every 2 gallons), lets see if this change anything.

this is the norther light auto where the spider lives, she looks exactly the same than the gorilla, cannot tell one another apart from the fact that this one doesnt have the twisted leafs
i basically didnt take any leaf off the plants, just the few dying in the plant with yellowing issues,
do you think i should prune the lower and a bit yellow leafs?
and what about the biggest leafs on top that block light to reach the flowers?
untill now i just tucked the leafs in as shed suggested
thanks guys : )
Hey Mumps. I can't tell the gender yet on your plant but it doesnt look like it'll be long before you can tell.

Your plants all look pretty good from here. I changed from Biobizz to megacrop during a grow and the problems I had went away. My plants kept showing signs of what looked like root bound symptoms but didn't look any better after being transplanted. Switching to chemical nutes fixed it and that was that.
The leaves which were already damaged will likely never recover but you said new growth was good and that is what you want to see.
I'd leave the yellowing ones to fall off on their own. even though they dont look great they will still benefit your plant until they are drained of their life

Thanks a lot professor : )
Thought that megacrop was also "bio" stuff..i was wrong but as long as It grows my plants properly..who cares
I also have some bud explosion...are you using It?
My pleasure.
I only have experience using what I believe is the second version of MegaCrop. @MrSauga is my go-to MC guy and I'm sure he'll let me know if I am wrong. I'm sure he'll be able to answer any questions about how to use it alongside any supplements
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom