InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Damn I missed the guess the sex comp, but all caught up now.

I'd have guessed right though :D

I'm surprised you'd even consider keeping it around with all your other girls about. You know what boys are like.

I'd like to have a go at making some seeds, but decided that needs to be an off season project. Don't want to risk any illegitimate kids with neighbours.

:Namaste:

The thing is that your plant has balls right now but who's to say that if you remove them that the plant won't start producing nana's later down the line? You said that it was a big plant and it is very easy to miss a couple of those little things. I say don't risk it

I don't feel you can keep up on it from throwing balls. You risk too many other plants being pollinated.
Morning Shed, nice that you found it before it spewed, they only way I would keep it, is if you have a way to isolate it from the rest of your crop. I have 18 plants atm that will be seedy because I didn’t check until the deed was done. I will have lots of hash this grow which is fine, I prefer hash anyway most days
If it were mine I wouldn’t want to risk the rest of the crop and would put she him or shim in the compost or save for salve bin. Hope you have a great day
Lol. Thought you would enjoy that.

If it was my plant, it would be getting the chop posthaste.
Sorry late to the throw them balls out part ,,Ps. you can smell if you want . O if a female rubs the stem will it smell stronger ?
I'm surprised you'd even consider keeping it around with all your other girls about. You know what boys are like.
The thing is that your plant has balls right now but who's to say that if you remove them that the plant won't start producing nana's later down the line? You said that it was a big plant and it is very easy to miss a couple of those little things. I say don't risk it
Salve it. Unless your wife is cool with picking seeds out of her buds. But I’m projecting my own experience here but not worth the risk imo.
Well there's a consensus you don't usually find among growers!

I've taken off all flowers with visible balls and I'll let it run a while. It's only 6 days into flip so I don't think pollen is a concern yet (the Big Gulp Golden Tiger doesn't even have pistils). I'll try to keep them under control for a few more days and then do a severe lollipop to make it easier to see what's going on. If I had a bunch of flowering plants I might be more conservative, but with just the GT I'll live a little more dangerously for now.

Also, as we celebrate this Memorial Day, don't forget to remember those who fought and died for the freedom of our country, and the foreign lands we committed to support. :peace:

It's only 6 days into flip so I don't think pollen is a concern yet
Not yet,but keep a real close eye on things- Last year I pulled a male out of the box when I first spotted
the balls,and 11 days later, it was full-on spewing pollen..so those male flowers mature crazy fast...
and you only have to miss one...be careful....

Well there's a consensus you don't usually find among growers!

I've taken off all flowers with visible balls and I'll let it run a while. It's only 6 days into flip so I don't think pollen is a concern yet (the Big Gulp Golden Tiger doesn't even have pistils). I'll try to keep them under control for a few more days and then do a severe lollipop to make it easier to see what's going on. If I had a bunch of flowering plants I might be more conservative, but with just the GT I'll live a little more dangerously for now.
Nice resistance! :welldone:

Sorry to see it but a full fledged “hermaphrodite” is not something we see terribly often, it’s more usually just nanners.

Is that from your clone? Considering that it’s not prone to produce male and female organs on the one plant, I’m thinking some major stressor must be in play. UNless it’s new seed from somewhere else, in which case ... ignore what I said!

I’m catching up a bit so also missed some of the post-mortem :rip: on the mothers. I think your plan to re-clone yearly sounds wise.

You haven’t been over at my place for a while so you might have missed (or not yet seen) an article I shared recently about mold pathogens and cannabis. Brown roots get a few mentions. I’ll go get the link and drop it back here :)

UNless it’s new seed from somewhere else, in which case ... ignore what I said!
This is from a seeded AK-47 that was pollinated by a male unknown sativa brought back from Africa by the father of the grower to whom I gave the AK-47. I dumped the cuttings obviously!
I think your plan to re-clone yearly sounds wise.
Thanks. I think it's the best approach.
You haven’t been over at my place for a while
Or hardly anywhere.
I’ll go get the link and drop it back here
:thanks: I haven't got time to read it now but I've saved the pdf for later!

an article I shared recently about mold pathogens and cannabis. Brown roots get a few mentions.
Most of the article was about plant mold with some reference to roots, but it was only testing to see what was in the plants rather than how to solve any of the resulting issues.

What was most interesting to me was this in their closing section, which is ammunition for those saying dry trimming is better than wet trimming:
"The process of mechanical trimming of cannabis buds after harvest (wet trim) and the associated wounding of the tissues
caused an observable increase in the recovery of Penicillium and Cladosporium colonies compared to untrimmed harvested
buds, indicating their populations on the surface of tissues were increased. Wounding is known to increase the colonization
of a range of fruits by Penicillium after harvest (Kavanagh and Wood, 1967; Vilanova et al., 2014). Exudation of nutrients
from cut tissues would have enhanced the proliferation of these opportunistic molds. In addition, internally borne mold spores e.g., in the pith could have been released through wounding of tissues and become air-borne."

I wet trim and haven't seen any mold after harvest that wasn't there before harvest, but it's still a feather in the cap for those who want to argue the dry-trim side!

Hey shed hope all is well,
I was reading up on root coring and was thinking if this would have benefited me, I'm harvesting starting this week, but in the future I'll be using my humidity/ph probe to poke down in there, I was reluctant till now, cringing every time I went through a root lol
20200526_021819.jpg

That's a bit thicker than what I use, and my BBQ sticks are a bit thicker than Derby's romex wires, but on the plus side, they will certainly go all the way in without breaking!

I'd try something thinner and not double-barrelled to start, but if you have really packed medium that may be just the ticket. And it is hard to get used to the cracking sound!

That's a bit thicker than what I use, and my BBQ sticks are a bit thicker than Derby's romex wires, but on the plus side, they will certainly go all the way in without breaking!

I'd try something thinner and not double-barrelled to start, but if you have really packed medium that may be just the ticket. And it is hard to get used to the cracking sound!
Thanks I'll keep it no bigger than a coat hanger.

And my little 2 cents,, that hermie,, depends on what you got growing with it and if you don't mind chances.. Sure some only put out a few males here and here,, but don't take much with a fan on in a room to spread. And that might mean a seed or two. Couple seeds ain't bad,, but the idea the pollen came from a hermie,,, wood make me alittle warry of the seeds.. Could be good seed, an could be hermies......

I hope all had a great Memorial Day.....

Safe and Keepem Green

Most of the article was about plant mold with some reference to roots, but it was only testing to see what was in the plants rather than how to solve any of the resulting issues.

What was most interesting to me was this in their closing section, which is ammunition for those saying dry trimming is better than wet trimming:
"The process of mechanical trimming of cannabis buds after harvest (wet trim) and the associated wounding of the tissues
caused an observable increase in the recovery of Penicillium and Cladosporium colonies compared to untrimmed harvested
buds, indicating their populations on the surface of tissues were increased. Wounding is known to increase the colonization
of a range of fruits by Penicillium after harvest (Kavanagh and Wood, 1967; Vilanova et al., 2014). Exudation of nutrients
from cut tissues would have enhanced the proliferation of these opportunistic molds. In addition, internally borne mold spores e.g., in the pith could have been released through wounding of tissues and become air-borne."

I wet trim and haven't seen any mold after harvest that wasn't there before harvest, but it's still a feather in the cap for those who want to argue the dry-trim side!

I am wet trimmer as well we seem to be few and far between here. I also have a penicillin allergy no issues with plants or myself (okay I have issues let's not go there).

Back
Top Bottom