InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

M-F-M-M-F-M-M-M
But I've been wrong many times before....
those last 3 are just weird...

6, 7 and 8 are looking decidedly not female... really odd actually
all the others look female to me in the shape of the bracts...
1 and 2 have the little stem ... makes me wonder, but not definitively
I say male, male, male, male, male, male, male, male.
1-5 XX
6-8 XY
*7 bug in armpit. Ewwww
Always tricky but I'd guess 1-5 girls, 6-8 boys.
The last 3 are boys and the rest are girls.
F F F F F M F F
M-F-M-M-F-M-M-M
But I've been wrong many times before....
those last 3 are just weird...
Thank for almost all your votes! Pics 1+2 are the fem Durban Poison, 3, 4, 5 are Colombian Gold 2 (majority votes F) and the 6, 7, 8 are CG1 (majority votes M).

SInce the DP flowers look just like the CG2 flowers, that's the one that's going to be transplanted this weekend, along with the DP if the roots look ready. I think I'll get a cardboard box big enough for two 1 gallon pots, put a light in it, and flip CG1. If I get pollen, great! If I need the box for the Candida GA3 project before I get pollen then I'll throw it out.

Sound like a plan?

I didn't get to play. :(
Then when I was about to post my answers I saw the cheat sheet. Hello?? A little notice next time on the spoiler alert please. My OG's were both males. Knowing this...
the plants are anonymized and I've added in a female plant to mix things up. :cheesygrinsmiley:
my answer remained all males except the female one you threw in there. You made that too easy.

Friday update where we play guess the sex again, but this time the plants are anonymized and I've added in a female plant to mix things up. :cheesygrinsmiley:

8 pics, 8 guesses, and please list your guesses in order (no numbering needed)/ We'll see how close you were to last time...GO:

Thanks for playing...transplant day for one of the Colombian Golds is tomorrow, and maybe the Durban Poison as well.

BTdubs, I sprayed them all with neem oil after this because bugs!

:ciao:
Hoya Shed! I’m quoting ya to respond so I don’t see anyone else’s picks. :cheesygrinsmiley:

F
F
F
F
F
M
M
M

:thumb: excellent :popcorn:
CG2 has been transplanted and tied down, and CG1 getting flipped in the shed tonight! I've got some time before I'll need to isolate it in a box.
Hoya Shed! I’m quoting ya to respond so I don’t see anyone else’s picks. :cheesygrinsmiley:
F F F F F M M M
Thanks Roost! You're right in line with almost everyone else.
Killer journal mate. I’ll say 1 male the rest female
Thanks Trice, and :welcome: to my perpetual grow journal! Feel free to ask questions since there's a lot of history here. No need to wonder if something has been asked before.

Glad you're along for the ride. :surf:
OK i wrote mine down soooo right or wrong here it is all FM sept 7&8 They do look alittle strange IMO and the damn Bugs !! i was eating
:sorry: sb! I thought they might be a bit much, but it was going to take too long to shoo them all away before I took the pics. :)

F
F
F
F
F
M
M
M
I didn't cheat by reading this first:
Pics 1+2 are the fem Durban Poison, 3, 4, 5 are Colombian Gold 2 (majority votes F) and the 6, 7, 8 are CG1 (majority votes M).
... or did I? :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm trying to determine the sex on these plants before I even transplant them into their final homes, much less send them into flower!
I get y'a,just popped into my head lol

Monday update, the one where we talk about this weekend!

First off, I'm having a new roof put on starting this morning. Some of you may remember my trials and tribulations with my old roof and the patching and the tarping and the leaking into my son's room. It's quite a mess but it will keep me off the roof for 30 years, which is not a bad thing at my age :).

To the plants! On Saturday I transplanted the Colombian Gold 2 into its final home, a 7 gallon GeoPot. I took a razor blade and scored the roots around the outside and across the bottom:

After it went in I tied it down:

Here is the genuine SaugaView®:

I took off the lowest nodes:

Which I think were the second or third, having taken the very lowest ones when it went into the 1 gallon pot:

CG1 got flipped Saturday night and spends 12 hours of darkness in the shed each night.

I also started the finish work on a bench top I cut last weekend. The wicker seat had ripped and you'd fall through if you sat on it. The stain ended up being too dark so I spent most of Saturday afternoon sanding it down. Then I put three coats of spar urethane on it Sunday, and this is the finished product (the color is more even than the pic...the reflection of the sky makes the left half look lighter):

I also transplanted the Durban Poison on Sunday, even though it could have gone another week. It got tied back down:

SaugaView®:

A spider supervised the photography, similar to the one from the Chocolope harvest:

That was my weekend, which was mostly overcast. Of course this week will be sunny while the plants spend the days inside because of the roofers. :( Oh well...

Thanks for stopping by! :ciao:

Back
Top Bottom