InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Columbian Gold 1 is female
Columbian Gold 2 is female
Congratulations !
Thanks Baron!
The pics are great, Shed!
I knew you'd like 'em :).
to be a bit more clear ... i went with the first being male.. and the second is exploring options.. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Gotcha...
To early for me to tell, wishing you have XX all the way. an Amazon abundance big and strong big girls with lots of vigor and dynamism.
I appreciate the positive thoughts dynamo! Maybe next week it will be clearer.
Wow, Shed; happy birthday to your journal, 3 years old today!! :laughtwo:
Dayum...thanks DAB! :eek:
Uh oh, am I going to have explain that this is not my birthday again?
DAMN I WAS HERE YESTERDAY and now 4 pages behind anyay my wild guess is #1 Male #2 Female and those pics. are nice Birthday Boy :happy-birthday: Two already this year WoW
Thanks sb! When we play the sex game here the pages just fly by. Oh, it's three years today, not two. This many pages in two would be nuts!
Holy crap you have a lot of birthdays in a year.
Well done... that's 20.587 posts/day in your journal by the way btdubs.
Thanks MrS. You have a spreadsheet for everything. Congrats on the MOTM nomination BTdubs!

Morning guys @InTheShed and @oopssteptinit, I heard my name called ;)

Frost and dips below freezing over night is not something I have ever really concerned myself with, mature plants seem to take it in stride, spring or fall. From experience, any healthy plant 6-8 weeks old will take a mild frost or 2 in the spring with no ill effects.

The same holds true for flowering plants in the fall. My girls have been through 2 frosts back to back in September with the second night where the leaves were actually crispy (frozen) and 2 more back to back again last week with no real harm done. As Shed said, if you can cover them, you should, but if you can’t, it’s not a big concern.

Although this is by no means scientific, observation this year with the 4 frosts, leads me to believe that the frosty nights with warm days does indeed put the girls into overdrive. My big Cluster Bomb and the 2 Blue Dream twins, although about 2 weeks behind the other plants starting to flower, seemed to catch up. I wasn’t expecting the CB to be ready for another week or 2 and I could have started cutting her over a week ago if I had time.

I would, as @InTheShed said, keep an eye out for rot though. Frosts will harm any weakened parts of the plant, from insect damage (worms in my case), and can cause that bud to die and rot can set in.

So far, with 9 girls down and about 6lbs or more of bud, I’ve cut out about 2oz worth of rot, mostly caused by those damn worms and would likely have happened even if they hadn’t been through a number of frosts.

Best advice is: cover them if you can, if you can’t, shake the water from them after the frost melts and watch for dying bud and rot.
^bookmarked :thanks:

I blinked and fell several pages behind...

Sorry I'm late (was taking a sabbatical from 420). I have to go with the consensus and say #1 Male and #2 Female. :cool:

Thanks VG! Everyone is invited to play. The specific invites went out to last game's contestants who were yet to show up to play. If you miss the next game, you too will now get a shout.

We good?

:hug:
We are so good it's crazy. :love: :love:

Where the hell was I for the last round?
I usually don't miss them.

Guess I haven't been on as much though.

Everything he said!
Thanks Amy! The standings are now 19:3 M for CG1 and 18:4 F for CG2.

I topped them both:

And slid the roots out for a peek. Colombian Gold 1:

Colombian Gold 2:

Next Saturday I'll transplant the CG2, and maybe I'll flip the CG1. :eek:

I sprayed the Candida clones with 1% citric acid spray on Sunday for the powdery mildew:

I'll check it tomorrow but I bet it won't rub off, which means it's dead to me.

I hope you all had a great weekend. Stay safe!

Back
Top Bottom