InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

All is well here Crazy! Stash is getting burned nightly, as I am living with three total pot-heads.

LOL! Well the only one you can blame is yourself, you keep feeding their need. :laughtwo:

Sorry man for not snooping your journal lately... :love: Too much on my plate lately.

Happy new year and a better continuing on what's left of this crap year.

reversal experiment on flip day 17. Excuse the aphid carcasses...

What are you feeding it, colloidal?

article-2431165-183CEC0600000578-260_308x185.jpg

I can't even remember anymore! Bought a lot less stuff?

I did pottery for about 10 years or so...then I started growing weed! The kiln is buried under the salve bins and the wheel is buried under a 4'x4' prize box that I am still trying to get to a 420mag member in South Africa!

I got that, thanks! I was just pointing out that the mash and stir method leaves you with a lot more plant material to get rid of than QWET actually does. And that decarb (if necessary) would be better done post extraction.
I think the steam from distiller would suffice for a decarb. I didn't decarb and it kick's my Ass.

They don't sell 190 in California, and I can't even locate any Bacardi 151 nearby.
No time machine!?!?
Bacardi 151 was discontinued three or four years back.
Probably tired of litigation.

Thanks to all of you who voted for next year's seed selection from WeedSeedsExpress!

With no new votes coming in, let's take a look where we stand for the Wednesday update.

Since I couldn't find a ranked voting calculator that made any sense to me, I assigned first place votes 3 points, second place votes 2 points, and third place votes 1 point. Here are the results of that tally:

Seed ranking.JPG

Based on the numbers, Sour Diesel came in first, followed by Amnesia Lemon Kush and Jack Herer.

However, Amy mentioned that she didn't find Sour Diesel happy social weed at all. So based on those top three, I'm looking for information about them in terms of effects. I don't mind bumping one out if it doesn't fill the happy social category.

If anyone has any thoughts on that subject, speak now!
I hope you included your own votes in this too Shed?

I am smoking my Sour D right now.
I am pretty darn giggly with a shit-eating grin on my face.
First smoke of the day so there was nothing to cloud my judgement.:ganjamon:

I'm so sad now. Just realized how little I have left.:confused:

But now I'm happy because I just took another rip!:p:D

What are you feeding it, colloidal?
Last thing I want is blue plants, so I went with gibberellic acid. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I think the steam from distiller would suffice for a decarb. I didn't decarb and it kick's my Ass.
I prefer a full decarb, which wouldn't be possible at the temps and time it would take to evaporate the alcohol from the extract. Imagine what how high you'd get with a decarb at 240º!
No time machine!?!?
Bacardi 151 was discontinued three or four years back.
Probably tired of litigation.
Thanks, I had no idea! Funny that Everclear hasn't been sued out of their 190 proof stuff.
I hope you included your own votes in this too Shed?
Actually, I have not. I get to make the final call anyway. :)
I am smoking my Sour D right now.
I am pretty darn giggly with a shit-eating grin on my face.
First smoke of the day so there was nothing to cloud my judgement.
I'm so sad now. Just realized how little I have left.
But now I'm happy because I just took another rip!
I :love: when you come by and drop poetry here! :hug:

It's the Wednesday update, the one where we see if there is any frost on the winter two on flip day 31!

Durban Poison:

And Colombian Gold 2:

Yes. Yes there is.

It's time to get those last minute votes into the contests for the last month of 2020, so if you haven't voted, take a minute and do it now!

Hydrometer is less than $10. On the zon. Just make sure it's not the plastic ones for beer.
Any time you run thru a distillation it'll strip more water from the alcohol. At what percent is determined with a hydrometer.
My 3 strips using my pot still will yield me 165-170 proof starting with 10% low wines. Column stills will get you close to 192 proof with one run starting with the same low wines. ALL stills are different.

Man!! Coming along nicely Shed.
Thanks Adam! Nice to see you around here. :)
Hydrometer is less than $10. On the zon. Just make sure it's not the plastic ones for beer.
Any time you run thru a distillation it'll strip more water from the alcohol. At what percent is determined with a hydrometer.
My 3 strips using my pot still will yield me 165-170 proof starting with 10% low wines. Column stills will get you close to 192 proof with one run starting with the same low wines. ALL stills are different.
Thank you Derby! It's going into the next order. I'll be starting with 120 proof but I'll certainly test it after the first pass to see how close to 190 I get it once through the distiller.

Ah crap! I thought Mr. S. was posting on my grow journal not yours. I'm so confused. And, probably a little bit high, too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Last thing I want is blue plants, so I went with gibberellic acid. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I prefer a full decarb, which wouldn't be possible at the temps and time it would take to evaporate the alcohol from the extract. Imagine what how high you'd get with a decarb at 240º!

Thanks, I had no idea! Funny that Everclear hasn't been sued out of their 190 proof stuff.

Actually, I have not. I get to make the final call anyway. :)

I :love: when you come by and drop poetry here! :hug:

Thanks otter! I hope yours was a good one.

Speaking of letting 'em roll, let's roll into the final week of 2020 with my plan for making extractions. As I mentioned back in October, I was considering buying an electric alcohol distiller to both increase the alcohol content of what's available in California, and also to evaporate and recapture the alcohol after the extraction process. The main sticking point was finding a battery vape that could handle the results of the process.

After @Mr. Krip made a couple of recommendations and @StoneOtter tried the process on his new one (trying to see if I can get a sponsored one here, so no mentions yet!), I thought I would take my first steps down that road.

I checked Amazon for electric alcohol distillers, and although they had a number of them ranging in price from $100 to $170, they all looked absolutely identical, so I went for the $100 version.
distiller.jpg

It won't be here until January because I guess they ship directly from China. In the meantime, I'll be heading down to Bevmo to pick up some 120 proof Everclear:
Everclear.jpg

They don't sell 190 in California, and I can't even locate any Bacardi 151 nearby. So I'll start by double distilling this to get it up to the 190 range (per @Derbybud's suggestion here), and then running the QWET through it to recapture as much of the alcohol as possible.

A lot of money in my house goes to vape cartridges, so I'm hoping this process will greatly reduce that expenditure!

I hope Christmas weekend went well and you're all recovering from the food, family, and fun! Stay safe. :slide:

I hope you don't mind me jumping in an giving you my experience. I have been on a journey to make my own vape pens. They are very expensive here in Illinois at the dispensaries. My wife will only toke a vape. So as a newbie. I grew some lemon AK autos. I first tried pressing to rosin decarbing and running rosin mixed with 20% terpenes through a 20 micron filter. I started with about an oz of dry bud and ended up with about .25ml in a ccell cartridge. The waste was unacceptable. So my second attempt was freezing my bud, freeze Everclear (190 proof) and I did a 5 min soak in the jar. I ran the liquid through coffee filers twice. Put the liquid in a 9x9 glass casserole. I put the dish next to my grow tent with the exhaust of my inline fan blowing directly on the surface of the liquid. I had a few beers smoked some weed and went to bed. When I got up I had a plate of rock hard thc oil. All the alcohol and residual water was evaporated. I scraped the crystals and collected them in a 5ml vial. I decarbed it, mixed it with 20% terpenes . I filled 4 .5 ml ccells with some left over. I weighed my bud but don't remember what I started with. It was under an oz for sure. I am very happy with the result. The taste is good and it gets the job done. Working with oil is a real PITA. Expect lots of loss. And don't lick your fingers. Unless you want to. The oil is very potent. I am a home brewer and I also built a still. I have some experience when it comes to homemade alcohol. I can't imagine getting a much higher proof then what goes into one of those table top distillers. if you search Amazon for moonshine stills . ( don't want to paste any links) but for around $100 you can get a nice 3 gal still that would probably achieve your goals. I guess it is too late now anyway...

Best of luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom