InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

IKR? No matter, we don't even know what's in this flower!
And they're looking beautiful too!
Thanks Stunger. :)
What about Safer insecticidal soap? Isn't that safe to use during flower?
It is, but I like to have alternatives. :thumb:
The last couple seasons, I began reusing my FFOF. I add about 3 parts used to 1 part fresh and throw in a bit of perlite. So far, it's worked well for me. I've only used Happy Frog once, when my grow shop was out of Ocean Forest. It worked fine. If I remember correctly, the guy at the shop said Happy Frog is a little milder, and maybe better for seedlings.
Oh good info, thanks! I plan on adding 25% perlite anyway, but being able to use it again will lower the
cost in the long term.
I sure like your trichome shots. So much so, I recently bought the same scope as yours. I hope I can learn to take some decent pics with it.
It's so much easier to get good pics when the buds are off the plants! On the plants I try to get my wife to press the shutter button on the phone while I hold the scope and the flower and focus. :rolleyes:

Don't forget to set the resolution for the highest setting. I think it defaults to the lowest.
Forgot to mention - superior trichome pictures.
Thanks Jon! Forgot to mention it when?

IKR? No matter, we don't even know what's in this flower!

Thanks Stunger. :)

It is, but I like to have alternatives. :thumb:

Oh good info, thanks! I plan on adding 25% perlite anyway, but being able to use it again will lower the
cost in the long term.

It's so much easier to get good pics when the buds are off the plants! On the plants I try to get my wife to press the shutter button on the phone while I hold the scope and the flower and focus. :rolleyes:

Don't forget to set the resolution for the highest setting. I think it defaults to the lowest.

Thanks Jon! Forgot to mention it when?
In my last entry!

EDIT: ignore me, I'm high. Sorry. Lol. I'd lose my head today if it weren't attached. I thought I had commented on the post itself (the update one with the trichomes, which I hadn't, only in my head I had) and then just now when I said that I was attaching it to a post that preceded your update post. Jeez louise. My bad!

In my last entry!

EDIT: ignore me, I'm high. Sorry. Lol. I'd lose my head today if it weren't attached. I thought I had commented on the post itself (the update one with the trichomes, which I hadn't, only in my head I had) and then just now when I said that I was attaching it to a post that preceded your update post. Jeez louise. My bad!
I look forward to reading the post that remains in your head! :nomo:

Okay it's a bit late for a Wednesday update but I did want to get some inconclusive pics up of the 2:9 70% iso spray's effects on trichomes.

I tried my damnedest to not move the scope after I took the before pics but the slightest breeze or maybe the spray seems to have moved the scope a tiny bit, so I'm not sure we can draw any conclusions here.

This is before, including a winged aphid:

2022_03_09_08_32_17_100 DV bud before iso.png

And here is the 30-minutes-after-spray pic, where the bud probably moved .0001 inch:

2022_03_09_09_11_31_245 DV bud after iso.png

Not sure if that's definitive enough so I will try it again later this week. And since I have them, here are some other pics taken of the trichomes after spraying:

2022_03_09_09_17_23_003 DV bud after iso.png
2022_03_09_09_16_39_173 DV bud after iso.png
2022_03_09_09_15_25_075 DV bud after iso.png
2022_03_09_09_14_53_787 DV bud after iso.png
2022_03_09_09_13_51_398 DV bud after iso.png

Like I said, not enough for an answer, so we're still on the journey!

In other news, I ran 16 gallons of tap water through the Doug's Varin pot today, followed by 2 gallons of nutes. We'll see!

I hope all is well with y'all. :)

Quotes:
I just need some plants with frosty buds to try it out on.
You'll have them soon on those autos. :thumb:
Well look at that. Very beautiful..
Thanks marcus!
After reading about the Tranwreck were it says > ( It's a good strain to try if it's a spacy and cerebral high you're after, as Trainwreck is said to give a nice body buzz even.Dec 17, 2020 ) Maybe be better to go with the PU LOL Dougs coming right along man looking Good !
Spacey with a good body buzz seems like a well-balanced hybrid to me! And the Purple Urkle should lean indica so there will be a bit of everything! Maybe there's some THCV in that DV too! :slide:

Okay it's a bit late for a Wednesday update but I did want to get some inconclusive pics up of the 2:9 70% iso spray's effects on trichomes.

I tried my damnedest to not move the scope after I took the before pics but the slightest breeze or maybe the spray seems to have moved the scope a tiny bit, so I'm not sure we can draw any conclusions here.

And here is the 30-minutes-after-spray pic, where the bud probably moved .0001 inch:

Not sure if that's definitive enough so I will try it again later this week. And since I have them, here are some other pics taken of the trichomes after spraying:

In other news, I ran 16 gallons of tap water through the Doug's Varin pot today, followed by 2 gallons of nutes. We'll see!

Quotes:

Thanks marcus!

Spacey with a good body buzz seems like a well-balanced hybrid to me! And the Purple Urkle should lean indica so there will be a bit of everything! Maybe there's some THCV in that DV too! :slide:
Nice pics bro. Hope it all works out.

Hi Shed, that Doug’s Varin is looking lovely. Why did you flush her? I missed it. I’m looking forward to the trainwreck grow already. I tried some homegrown trainwreck years ago and it was impressive (and memorable!) These guys have me thinking about purple urkle too, sounds like a fun one to smoke. :thumb::thumb:

Nice pics bro. Hope it all works out.
Thanks marcus, me too!
Hi Shed, that Doug’s Varin is looking lovely. Why did you flush her? I missed it. I’m looking forward to the trainwreck grow already. I tried some homegrown trainwreck years ago and it was impressive (and memorable!) These guys have me thinking about purple urkle too, sounds like a fun one to smoke.
Thank you double H! I flushed to see if I could get a second burst of pistils since it seems to have stalled a bit on the flowering side after stretch. I vaguely remember another plant doing that once (might have been the Colombian Gold a couple of years back but I won't swear to it!).

The Trainwreck was impressive and memorable? Noice! And I'm looking at my seed list for some more indica-leaning hybrids these days and finding I had a couple more than I thought. :)

Quotes:

Thanks marcus!

Sorry in advance cuz I'm sure you already explained this, but what is it that the spray is supposed to do relative to the trichomes? Or you're hoping it'll do?

Double noice!!
Smort!
Sorry in advance cuz I'm sure you already explained this, but what is it that the spray is supposed to do relative to the trichomes? Or you're hoping it'll do?
Here are the basics for anyone who missed any of the steps:

• The spray is for insects (live ones, to make them dead).
• It's made with 70% isopropyl alcohol and water at a 2:9 dilution.
• Alcohol dissolves trichomes.
• We don't want our trichomes dissolved.

• The question is whether a 12.7% iso solution will kill insects but not dissolve trichomes.
• The answer is "Reply hazy, try again."
:)

Was that from the 8 Ball? :D

Smort!

Here are the basics for anyone who missed any of the steps:

• The spray is for insects (live ones, to make them dead).
• It's made with 70% isopropyl alcohol and water at a 2:9 dilution.
• Alcohol dissolves trichomes.
• We don't want our trichomes dissolved.

• The question is whether a 12.7% iso solution will kill insects but not dissolve trichomes.
• The answer is "Reply hazy, try again."
:)
Thanks for the very succinct explanation!
What does a dissolved trichome look like? Empty space where before there was a stem/head?

Back
Top Bottom