InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I just got done fertilizing my citrus tree with some citrus tone. I stuck my hand in the bag to sprinkle it around the tree. Now my hand smells like a baboons ass.
We will take your word for that....of course some of us are wondering how you were able to make that comparison so easily.....:confused:

Gardening or growing aside, it's time for Tuesday's grey update. Flat light warning, no contrast!

Leading with the sad Haze Xtreme (day 29) that doesn't seem to be taking well to the transplant. It's kind of limp this morning:

Here is the Auto Masszar on day 57. This and the HazeX are under the Mars in the bike shed for the day:

A quick tour of the table, here is the AK-47 clone, putting on some height. I guess the roots have found the new soil:

Gold Leaf:

Sour G (which needs more thinning - waiting to see if the cuttings root first):

Speaking of cuttings, the Sour G ones are now about two weeks old and they don't look all that happy, particularly the top one. They wilt when the RH drops below 85% and need to be sprayed to get them to perk up. We'll see!

And finally, the flowering AK-47, flip day 59! Fading leaves but still some white pistils on top. Saturday would be the earliest chop date, so I'll take another loupe look then.

It stinks to high heaven. I'm getting a little concerned about the neighbors now it's so pungent. The whole backyard smells even when the plant is locked in the shed for the night! Mostly smells like skunk from a distance but when you get your nose in it it's got other scents as well. I'll try to narrow it down using that smell chart.

I hope your day smells bright!

The Alien looks beautiful Shed. Even though it is going to kill us.

We will take your word for that....of course some of us are wondering how you were able to make that comparison so easily.....:confused:

Because nothing quite smells as bad as a baboons ass. Well, Espoma Citrus Tone does.

I'm hoping its final words are: "I come in peace."

Well, Plenty of them say that and then the next thing you know, were passing out from the room spinning after a couple of tokes.

I think it would be too hot for a young plant to dose it all at once. I used subcools last grow, and one could prob do the same with minimal nitrogen added during the grow. I highly doubt that p and k are totally removed from the soil we use at the pH we are running. I would love to just do a supersoil + fish emulsion, but no way am I bringing that shit in a tent in my closet. Might try a duck with that outside.

Another consideration is the solubility of the n/p/k, one would have to be very specific with the N to have enough in the soil to last the grow without burning the transplant.

It's a cool thought, but a pita
Ok, need to chime in here. I think there is some misunderstanding regarding organic soil. First rule of LIVING ORGANIC SOIL is that you don't feed the plant. You are feeding the micro organisms. The plants and the herd develop a relationship where the plant gives the herd what it needs in exchange for doing the dirty work. So the herd breaks the stuff in the soil down and based of the communication that takes place between the herd and the plant, the herd makes the nutrients available to plant based off what it communicates it needs. Our job with the soil is to feed the soil.

Growers that feed salt based nutrients are feeding the plant. It is usable in its water state directly to the plant roots. Big difference in how things work. Feed the Herd or feed the plant. This is one of the reasons that the pH of the soil is constantly changing. Now I learned the hard way that if your water is bad, the herd will struggle to adjust things to suit the plant.

So that being said, when you add organic amendments to the soil. It isn't for the plant....its for the herd. The herd benefits from that amendment and rewards the plants essentially. This is a very simplistic explanation but about the easiest way for people to understand the difference in growing in soil and growing in living organic soil.

Ok, need to chime in here. I think there is some misunderstanding regarding organic soil. First rule of LIVING ORGANIC SOIL is that you don't feed the plant. You are feeding the micro organisms. The plants and the herd develop a relationship where the plant gives the herd what it needs in exchange for doing the dirty work. So the herd breaks the stuff in the soil down and based of the communication that takes place between the herd and the plant, the herd makes the nutrients available to plant based off what it communicates it needs. Our job with the soil is to feed the soil.

Growers that feed salt based nutrients are feeding the plant. It is usable in its water state directly to the plant roots. Big difference in how things work. Feed the Herd or feed the plant. This is one of the reasons that the pH of the soil is constantly changing. Now I learned the hard way that if your water is bad, the herd will struggle to adjust things to suit the plant.

So that being said, when you add organic amendments to the soil. It isn't for the plant....its for the herd. The herd benefits from that amendment and rewards the plants essentially. This is a very simplistic explanation but about the easiest way for people to understand the difference in growing in soil and growing in living organic soil.

Which is exactly why I love growing organic. Nothing beats the taste, the beauty of the plant, or the blissful laziness that organic growing provides.

Which is exactly why I love growing organic. Nothing beats the taste, the beauty of the plant, or the blissful laziness that organic growing provides.
You will never hear me argue that! I have a friend that brings over samples of stuff he gets. I try them and I am always polite and thank him. I do smoke them over the long term but its more to break up my normal strains. But none of them are nearly as smooth or good as my stuff.

You will never hear me argue that! I have a friend that brings over samples of stuff he gets. I try them and I am always polite and thank him. I do smoke them over the long term but its more to break up my normal strains. But none of them are nearly as smooth or good as my stuff.

And people always say that they can't tell the difference but I can. Cannabis grown in DWC has a lighter taste and the high to me feels different. My soil grown cannabis has a deepness to it that envelopes me sensically, as well as spiritually. My DWC Cannabis just knocks me on my ass.

I like that simple explanation Van. It captures the essence of it nicely.
I’ve ale thought that this would mean that mixing the 2 approaches wouldn’t work, so am curiiis about your experiment with the worm castings Shed. My rudimentary understanding of it makes me think that there is no microherd in your pots, so ‘no-one’ to make what’s in the EWCs available for the plant.

Regardless of that, everything is currently looking pretty damn good, despite the lack of bright sunlight!

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom