InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Sunday update just to show that I completely cleaned the tent and put the Summer Grow in there last night!

It's been 54 days since sprout and it's about time to shift growth into high gear. I'll be dropping the light 2" a night to get them used to the MarsHydro SP250 and probably putting them in 7 gallon pots next weekend. I'm going with less perlite than the 75/25 I used for the 1 gallons since they don't seem to hold water as I expect soil to do. Might have to do with them being outside as well, but I'm thinking maybe 90/10 for the 7s.

Carry on with what I hope is a great Sunday! :cool:

Quotes:
Happy Anniversary, Shed!
And thanks for all the help and great info you've posted in the last 5 years
The family is looking good today!
Thanks Carcass, and thanks for making it fun!
Impressive collection of cannabis ladies. You do have your hands full.

Congratulations on your 5 year anniversary here at :420: You came to learn as most of us did (?) and have quite a following with your how-to's! My hat's off to ya for hanging in there that long. Gotta love it!
Thank you Bode! Still learning and trying to pass along what I find. :) And I still feel like a new member here with so many old-timers around (though fewer than there used to be).
Happy anniversary Shed! And a big :thumb: for the lovely family portrait of the girls!
Thanks Stunger! I've got too many plants so I'm really looking forward to handing off the DV gift next weekend and getting seed-making project over and done (which means I can dump the Sour G mother). When I get the DV buds tested and see if it how much THCV is in it, I might be able to dump that mother if it doesn't have much. That would get rid of eight plants! Can you tell I'm looking forward to scaling back? :cheesygrinsmiley:
Happy anniversary! The girls look greet too
Thank you Tim!
Nice family portrait. Happy anniversary!
Thanks BigD!
Wow! Where are you to get this perspective the upper floor of your place? Very pretty. CONGRATULATIONS!!! 5 years! Good for you!!!
Ladder. :) And thanks Jon!
Happy anniversary sir !
Why thank you Mr Otter!

Happy anniversary Shed, and here's to gnarled and solid like seasoned Rottweilers. Nice family pic. That is a handful wow!

Happy anniversary Shed, and thanks for sticking around so long to help us newer growers!

Late Monday update with this weekend's happenings in the garden, starting with a Sour G aphid update to make you feel at home.

This is after about a week of neem oil sprays about every 3 days:

Much better but still not done! It's a process.

Next up, I transplanted the Purple Urkle into a 7 gallon pot of FFHF with perlite blended in at around 85/15. This is day 54:

I had forgotten how much 7 gallons of wet soil weighs...oof! I lollipopped it because I already know what's going to come off later. I almost took off the 4th node completely (that's the lowest remaining) but I'll see how it does after a few weeks.

You may recall that I mentioned I would have to deal with the untrained 3rd node down once it tried to become dominant, and this morning that became necessary on one side. I supercropped it at an angle to fill in a gap, and I'm using a binder clip on a paper clip to keep it from bouncing back up:

Last for the day is the post-stretch thinning on the Candida. First is the measurement for @BeezLuiz' spreadsheet:

Let's call that 30".

Here is the plant before thinning:

And after:

I'm using a maypole to keep it supported since it's wider than the shed door. It's one of GDB's favorite training methods so I thought I would give it a go.

Here is a shot below the canopy before:

And after:

And here is what came off:

There will be still more coming off over the next few weeks as it grows, but this is all I had time/patience for last night.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and that this week brings good things to you and yours. :peace:

Quotes:
Happy anniversary Shed, and here's to gnarled and solid like seasoned Rottweilers. Nice family pic. That is a handful wow!
Thanks Carmen! It's a handful I'm looking forward to being done with. :rolleyes: But it's nothing compared to this! I have no idea how I managed that.
Happy anniversary Shed, and thanks for sticking around so long to help us newer growers!
Thank you BudMan! I'm glad to be able to pass along what I've learned in the last five years. :high-five:
Happy Anniversary I have enjoyed the ride , Carry on Sir > Nice Family pic. !
Thanks sb, and I'm happy to have you along! :slide:

Looks like you've got 'em on the run...almost nothin' but babies left!
And I sprayed it right after seeing them! Die you damn aphids, before you find the DDA up north. Bwahahaha!
Any way to put wheels under those big ones?
That would work if I only had to move them around the garden and not up into the house or down into the shed. And they need to be lifted around various impediments as well on their way. :(
Damn, that's quite the haircut!
I know right! Damn Candida grows like a bush and it prone to PM because of it. I found a lot on what I took off so I sprayed it last night as well as this morning. It's going to be an ongoing battle.

I remember last time I grew this was when I was trying all different dilutions of milk spray and H2O2 spray to no effect. Then I came up with the citric acid stuff and I don't worry when I see it now. Phewf!

I did the milk thing awhile back, didn't really work- now I've got the citric acid, but I haven't
had any pm to try it out on. (knock on wood)
But I'm ready when/if it does rear it's ugly head...

And I sprayed it right after seeing them! Die you damn aphids, before you find the DDA up north. Bwahahaha!
Hi Shed, is the neem working do you think?
I'm using a binder clip on a paper clip to keep it from bouncing back up:
Is this attached to anything or is it being used as a weight?
nothing compared to this! I have no idea how I managed that.
Especially since they all look immaculate! :green_heart:

Belated happy anniversary for Saturday!

Late Monday update with this weekend's happenings in the garden, starting with a Sour G aphid update to make you feel at home.

This is after about a week of neem oil sprays about every 3 days:

Much better but still not done! It's a process.

Next up, I transplanted the Purple Urkle into a 7 gallon pot of FFHF with perlite blended in at around 85/15. This is day 54:

I had forgotten how much 7 gallons of wet soil weighs...oof! I lollipopped it because I already know what's going to come off later. I almost took off the 4th node completely (that's the lowest remaining) but I'll see how it does after a few weeks.

You may recall that I mentioned I would have to deal with the untrained 3rd node down once it tried to become dominant, and this morning that became necessary on one side. I supercropped it at an angle to fill in a gap, and I'm using a binder clip on a paper clip to keep it from bouncing back up:

Last for the day is the post-stretch thinning on the Candida. First is the measurement for @BeezLuiz' spreadsheet:

Let's call that 30".

Here is the plant before thinning:

And after:

I'm using a maypole to keep it supported since it's wider than the shed door. It's one of GDB's favorite training methods so I thought I would give it a go.

Here is a shot below the canopy before:

And after:

And here is what came off:

There will be still more coming off over the next few weeks as it grows, but this is all I had time/patience for last night.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and that this week brings good things to you and yours. :peace:

Quotes:

Thanks Carmen! It's a handful I'm looking forward to being done with. :rolleyes: But it's nothing compared to this! I have no idea how I managed that.

Thank you BudMan! I'm glad to be able to pass along what I've learned in the last five years. :high-five:

Thanks sb, and I'm happy to have you along! :slide:
The heart shaped pile of trim is a nice touch!

An excellent choice for that behemoth! :)

Oof...
Looks like I have a heck of a read ahead of me in order to catch up.
I'm only a few weeks behind...
Just do like me go to last one click on like on that page and it keep u at last like

I did the milk thing awhile back, didn't really work- now I've got the citric acid, but I haven't had any pm to try it out on. (knock on wood) But I'm ready when/if it does rear it's ugly head...
Yeah that milk thing didn't work, and what's worse is it made all the leaves look like they had PM!
Hi Shed, is the neem working do you think?
Sure seems to be. I did a quick check this morning and didn't see any live ones, but I'll give it a better look tomorrow.
Is this attached to anything or is it being used as a weight?
Just a weight. The thicker the branch the bigger the binder!
Especially since they all look immaculate! Belated happy anniversary for Saturday!
Thanks Carmen!
The heart shaped pile of trim is a nice touch!
Thanks for noticing! :)
MOLY! Shed, Candida really is bushy! Looks like a lot of bud sites too! WooHoo!
It has some desperate need to be thick AF! If this weren't for oil I'd probably do a heavier thin, but I won't be too upset if there's untrimmed larf when it gets dumped in the Magical Butter Machine!
Looking great Shed!
Thanks jj!
An excellent choice for that behemoth!
I knew you'd approve. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Just do like me go to last one click on like on that page and it keep u at last like
I got the feeling that VG was interested in what was going on. ;)

Yeah that milk thing didn't work
It didn’t work for me either. I did see it mentioned on some gardening channel on YT. They were saying that the plant has to have direct sunlight. There’s something about the sunlight that cause some sort reaction with the milk that makes it effective. I just don’t remember what it is.

It didn’t work for me either. I did see it mentioned on some gardening channel on YT. They were saying that the plant has to have direct sunlight. There’s something about the sunlight that cause some sort reaction with the milk that makes it effective. I just don’t remember what it is.
Mine are in the sun all day! I tried it straight, 50/50, 75/25...no luck. I just ended up with plants that looked like there was PM on every leaf and smelled like sour milk. Feh!

Mine are in the sun all day! I tried it straight, 50/50, 75/25...no luck. I just ended up with plants that looked like there was PM on every leaf and smelled like sour milk. Feh!
The guy at the hydro store told me years ago, I could use milk or I could fix the problem. Milk just isn't that effective compared with other things.

It's time for the Thursday update!

Let's start with a gander at the fading Sour G that was sprayed with STS, now on flip day 71:

It is not fond of being moved outside even though I spent 4 days hardening it off, but it's getting long in the tooth anyway. It's drinking more slowly (not a lot of leaves left to do transpiration), but I'm going to let it go until it's even more withering on the vine.

I think I spotted a couple of seeds mixed in with the dry pollen sacs (and still some green ones!):

By comparison, here are the pollinated Sour G plants on flip days 63 and 56:

They're wedged in there so they don't tip over in the breeze!

In other news, the aphids are on the run:

Remember folks, ridding your plants of pests is not a one-and-done situation. These have been getting sprayed with neem every two of three days for a week and a half. In 2:9 iso's defense, it might work just as well if I didn't do every day for 7 days and had gone with the same schedule over a longer period. Next aphid infestation I'll try a different timing for that.

Finally, you may remember that I got a lime tree cutting in March or April of 2021 and that it started growing a year later. I transplanted it on May 13th and it stalled for a long time, which made me kinda nervous. Take a look at it now:

Noice!

That's it for me today. I hope your week is going well. :)

Quote:
Happy Anniversary Shed!
Thanks Fudo!

Back
Top Bottom