InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Couple of things for Wednesday's update...first one is that I'm down to one cutting in perlite of the Sour G, and it still doesn't have roots after 24 days (and still has aphids as you can see):

It's not a big deal if this one doesn't make it because I still have the mother plant, but I'd like to replace it with something smaller while I wait for Sour G seeds. Once I successfully test-germinate a few of those (assuming I get some ripe ones ;) ) I won't keep a mother plant around anymore. I'm really looking forward to fewer plants as right now I have one solo cup, eight 1 gallon, one 3 gallon, and two 7 gallon plants. I'll get family shot this weekend.

Also, a friend of my kids brought over a Wakit battery powered grinder last night for me to test. It uses two short pieces of pull-chain on a central spinner inside a plastic housing:

I took out a jar of Doug's Varin and broke off a quarter-sized nug:

I placed the grinder on it just to the side (since the spinny thing is in the middle) and pressed down on the top to get it going. Here is the result after a few seconds:

It does a pretty good job. I added more nugs and it struggled a bit, but as long as they weren't too tall you could fill the circle about halfway with flower.

The problem is that it throws all the kief to the outer edge that I needed to scrape up with a blade after tipping the rest into a container.

All in all, if your hand/grip strength isn't what it used to be and you have $65 US to spare, it works pretty well and is USB rechargeable. @HashGirl might be interested in this one after her trouble with the last electric one she got. Personally I'll stick to my 4" Kozo with the knurled top.

Quotes:
In my view, a successful (and appreciated) experiment!
Thanks GDB...for science!
Looks like someone has their own variety of "peppers".
These need to be moved every few days as well. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Jack's getting nice color!
Thanks Otter! I was hoping to keep it more green but it's got enough left to power it through to the end, and the end after that. :slide:
Thanks for the science project. I hope the neem oil works for you.
Glad to be the guinea pig Big D. I'll also keep track of the neem, which I'll use every other day this week.
Hi Shed - for what it’s worth (not much, lol) my Jack Herer is exactly the same way. I couldn’t crush a cola if I wanted to but the lowers are airy-ish.
Interesting! Glad it's not just mine.
Question @InTheShed - now that you’ve gotten the same results on the Jack regarding the lower buds both times, if you grow it again will that be enough for you to reassess what you take from underneath and what not?
I would definitely do a much more thorough job of stripping absolutely everything except the top 8" on each branch if I were to grow it again. I did leave more on this one to see if the flowers would all connect, but instead I ended up with a lot of pale flowers on the interior. It will be interesting to see what they do in the weeks after the tops come off.
WOW the bugs have migrated , I wonder how many them basters I have smoked in the past Strange about the buds
If you smoked outside grown weed, lots! And after hearing from Jon above about his, it might just be a JH thing.
I'm curious to see how the neem works for you, sorry to see the pests are, well, being a pest
We'll see Tim, we'll see! Hopefully that one remaining cutting will live long enough to show a result.
Darn, I hope the neem works, Shed. I think your developed buds on the JH are beautiful.
Thanks Carmen! Beautiful yes, but the inner ones are fluffy like a puppy, but I'm hoping to turn them into gnarled and solid like a seasoned Rottweiler. :)

I like it but I'm the only one who uses it! The two fixes I'd make are larger holes and a deeper chamber to hold the ground weed.

I just love mine. It powers thru the bud so well and it's a good size, altho not as massive as Shed's party sized 4 inches.

i gotta screen mine down more. i got a cream cheese container half full of the stuff. i make a crap hash off it once in a while but i could do a better one.

Happy Anniversary, Shed!
And thanks for all the help and great info you've posted in the last 5 years:thanks:

The family is looking good today!

Highya ITS,

Impressive collection of cannabis ladies. You do have your hands full.

Congratulations on your 5 year anniversary here at :420: You came to learn as most of us did (?) and have quite a following with your how-to's! My hat's off to ya for hanging in there that long. Gotta love it! Happy Smokin'

Happy Anniversary Shed. Same time next year!

Nice pic!

Back
Top Bottom