InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I'm just going to let them die on the vine (stop drinking completely) and then harvest.
And you know I'm always available for seed testing...
...just throwing that out there.... :)

You can see that the third node down has already reached the top, so in a few days I will deal with those, all while the lowers make their way to the top.
Hi Shed, this is an excellent pictorial thank you. It has come at a good time for me because I have just popped those photo seeds and have to consider what I will do with them as they grow. This is all happening in the 1 gall pot right? So in theory I could start lst with my photoperiod plants when I up-pot them to the 1 gallon is that correct?
How would the lst progress from there? Would I up-pot the whole lst project or does it have to be in its final pot when you start the lst like you did in your tutorial with the blueberry auto? Sorry for the confusion.
I bake bread once a week... it's a day's mission and lots of oven time, but tasty. I do whole wheat with seeds and also lots of folding. Your sourdough looks beautiful but if you are very busy then it certainly is a big time commitment.

This is all happening in the 1 gall pot right?
It is indeed.
I could start lst with my photoperiod plants when I up-pot them to the 1 gallon is that correct?
You can start this type of LST whenever you top. As soon as the top nodes you left are long enough for the StankClips® then that's the time to begin.
How would the lst progress from there? Would I up-pot the whole lst project or does it have to be in its final pot when you start the lst like you did in your tutorial with the blueberry auto?
When I upcan I just unclip the binder clips from the pot and reattach them to the next one, adjusting the length as needed to reach the now-wider edge.

The LST in my tutorial is for folks who are training by bending the stem rather than topping, so it's a different method of using LST to move the auxins around.
it's a day's mission and lots of oven time, but tasty. I do whole wheat with seeds and also lots of folding. Your sourdough looks beautiful but if you are very busy then it certainly is a big time commitment.
I will go back and find my recipe for white bread and see how long that takes because I do like homemade bread. I just can't hang around all day, evening, and morning for two loaves!

I will go back and find my recipe for white bread and see how long that takes because I do like homemade bread. I just can't hang around all day, evening, and morning for two loaves!
The sour dough loaves look great, I can understand the time commitments to make them. You have probably seen the 'Dutch oven no knead bread' approach, or if not google it, it is super quick to make.

Late Tuesday update for most of y'all's Wednesday morning!

I didn't have time to post these earlier but I did want to put up the last of the 2:9 70% iso:water spray test for the aphids on the Sour G cuttings. 7 days of daily spraying, 3 days off, another spray, and these pics the following morning:

More aphids all over. I have no idea if iso and water at 2:9 work on anything else but it sure doesn't work on aphids. After I took the pics I sprayed them with neem. Let's see how that does!

In other news, I noticed that the interior flowers on the Jack Herer 1.1 look very underdeveloped compared to my other plants at this age (flip day 44, and the wetness is citric acid spray):

They are very pale and soft in comparison to the top flowers:

Those are like rocks.

This is how my last JH was and I blamed the cold in the shed at night, but it might just be how the plant grows, so I'm thinking of a staggered harvest to see how the inners do if left to ripen in the sun for an extra couple of weeks.

Dat's all folks!

Quote:
The sour dough loaves look great, I can understand the time commitments to make them. You have probably seen the 'Dutch oven no knead bread' approach, or if not google it, it is super quick to make.
Thanks Stunger! I looked up that bread and I think that's the one I made once before. And when I get a hankering for homemade bread, that's the one for me!

More aphids all over. I have no idea if iso and water at 2:9 work on anything else but it sure doesn't work on aphids.
In my view, a successful (and appreciated) experiment! :thumb:

Late Tuesday update for most of y'all's Wednesday morning!

I didn't have time to post these earlier but I did want to put up the last of the 2:9 70% iso:water spray test for the aphids on the Sour G cuttings. 7 days of daily spraying, 3 days off, another spray, and these pics the following morning:

More aphids all over. I have no idea if iso and water at 2:9 work on anything else but it sure doesn't work on aphids. After I took the pics I sprayed them with neem. Let's see how that does!

In other news, I noticed that the interior flowers on the Jack Herer 1.1 look very underdeveloped compared to my other plants at this age (flip day 44, and the wetness is citric acid spray):

They are very pale and soft in comparison to the top flowers:

Those are like rocks.

This is how my last JH was and I blamed the cold in the shed at night, but it might just be how the plant grows, so I'm thinking of a staggered harvest to see how the inners do if left to ripen in the sun for an extra couple of weeks.

Dat's all folks!

Quote:

Thanks Stunger! I looked up that bread and I think that's the one I made once before. And when I get a hankering for homemade bread, that's the one for me!
Hi Shed - for what it’s worth (not much, lol) my Jack Herer is exactly the same way. I couldn’t crush a cola if I wanted to but the lowers are airy-ish.

Question @InTheShed - now that you’ve gotten the same results on the Jack regarding the lower buds both times, if you grow it again will that be enough for you to reassess what you take from underneath and what not?

Back
Top Bottom