InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Jack and Candida look great Shed! Their buds are fat and frosty!

I’m more in the camp of harvest the whole plant at once, if your waiting for it to finish drinking before harvesting the tops I don’t see the middle stuff maturing that much more and you don’t want to take the tops before she stops drinking because you’ll be cutting yourself short.

Jack and Candida are huge! Great shit over here. Apologies I was left behind but caught everything up by now.
Thanks Verbalist, and no need to apologize or even catch up! Any visit is good with me. :ciao:
The lab results were pretty surprising :O
I might try to harvest one plant based on when it looks done if trichs wont go totally crazy.
One good indicator can also be if the leaves of the plant are relatively healthy through flowering, then when they start to fade and dry really fast it could be assumed the plant aint drinking properly anymore.
The sun really seems to be a different animal from tent lighting when it comes to amber. And I'd love to use the leaves as one of my indicators, but mine tend to start fading halfway through flower as you can see in the Jack Herer pic.
Jack and Candida look great Shed! Their buds are fat and frosty!
Thanks N!
I’m more in the camp of harvest the whole plant at once, if your waiting for it to finish drinking before harvesting the tops I don’t see the middle stuff maturing that much more and you don’t want to take the tops before she stops drinking because you’ll be cutting yourself short.
That's kind of how I'm leaning, though if there is some stuff I could leave on after harvest you know I'm almost always up for an experiment!
I have never had much luck with a plant growing more after taking 1/2 or more of it / my vote is take it all at one time
Thanks sb! I have seen tent growers do pretty well taking the top layer and leaving the lowers to ripen further when the lowers aren't as far along, but that's when folks chop by trichome color. @Jon and @DrDoob have done it with good results. I've never seen anyone do it when the plant stops drinking though, but I don't mind giving it a shot!

That maturing bud thing is tough. I've been letting them grow until the bud is done enough down low for me to say, Mmmm frosty bud!, and that's about it. Staggering a harvest is nice but consuming in some ways. Hi Shed :ciao:
That's a balanced way to approach it, which is not a surprise because I consider you a pretty balanced grower! The JH is only on flip day 60 (the mother came down on flip 76), so I'll have a better idea of how far behind those are as I get closer to harvest. It's still drinking 2 gallons every other day which means there's time left for them to catch up!

I've harvested a few that had quit drinking, but the larf that I left behind grew (or at least stayed green) for another couple of weeks in the garage.Sometimes I leave quite a bit.
Of course, there's a big difference between just staying green ,and ripening what's left on the plant...
So, I can't say for sure that the leftovers will do anything but stay green for awhile...
I'm probably no help...
You almost have to just harvest when you normally would, and see what happens afterward...

I've harvested a few that had quit drinking, but the larf that I left behind grew (or at least stayed green) for another couple of weeks in the garage.Sometimes I leave quite a bit.
Of course, there's a big difference between just staying green ,and ripening what's left on the plant...
So, I can't say for sure that the leftovers will do anything but stay green for awhile...
I'm probably no help...
You almost have to just harvest when you normally would, and see what happens afterward...
Thanks Carcass, both helpful and interesting info! The fact that they stayed green in the garage might mean they would ripen if out in the sun 12 hours a day, so that is a good reason to give it a shot.

I left one leaf on the Doug's Varin after I harvested it when I dumped it back by the bike shed. In full sun with no water it stayed green for a couple of weeks, so there's that too!

Maybe I'll take almost all of it when I normally would and leave some behind to see what happens! Then we'll know something anyway. :)
Yessss. For science.

Candida is looking amazing. JH is no slouch, but something about that Candida..

That's a balanced way to approach it, which is not a surprise because I consider you a pretty balanced grower! The JH is only on flip day 60 (the mother came down on flip 76), so I'll have a better idea of how far behind those are as I get closer to harvest. It's still drinking 2 gallons every other day which means there's time left for them to catch up!
You said my favorite word! :meditate:Balance:meditate:

Late Friday update because finding and sorting seeds is very time consuming. Yes...seeds!

Today was Sour G STS harvest day, on flip 79. It was done drinking and had very little green on it:

I decided to work in the tent because the tray would keep the seeds from flying all over the place. Here are the branches:

That pic was taken at 9:28am. This pic of all the seeds was taken at 1:47pm, so it took over 4 hours to go through every single bit of plant and find the seeds hidden in it. :eek:

I scooped them off the floor of the tent and put them in a bowl. They're easier to see here since they're not smiling back at you:

Later this afternoon I went through every single one and sorted them by color:

Here are closeups of each batch. Green:

Pale:

Dark:

Striped:

I have them separated in a days-of-the-week pill holder to dry for a couple of weeks, at which point I will go over them again (because I'm sure some are in the wrong piles) and toss the green and pale ones. Then I get to do it all over again with the two plants I pollinated! Once those are dry I will test germinate some and put the rest in the fridge. And if planted ones come up healthy I will finally be able to dump the Sour G mother plant.

Quotes:
Yessss. For science.
:high-five:for science!
Candida is looking amazing. JH is no slouch, but something about that Candida..
You do like a Candida, don't you? :)
That maturing bud thing is tough. I've been letting them grow until the bud is done enough down low for me to say, Mmmm frosty bud!, and that's about it. Staggering a harvest is nice but consuming in some ways. Hi Shed
Thanks Otter! Definitely time consuming, but I'll have the Sour G plants to take down after the JH 1.1 so I might be able to include the second batch with one of them if the timing works out. I also don't think I will be trimming, which saves even more time.
You said my favorite word! :meditate:Balance:meditate:
I just knew you'd like it! :Namaste:

Late Friday update because finding and sorting seeds is very time consuming. Yes...seeds!
Well now, hallelujah! :welldone: and now for the next leg of the journey! Yay, seeds!!!

Highya ITS,

Great job on your seed project!! Looks like you can do away with your Candida mother now. Should make room for other projects! Happy Smokin'

Well now, hallelujah! and now for the next leg of the journey! Yay, seeds!!!
Thanks Carmen! It's been a long journey so I may speed it up a bit and test-sprout these even before the others come down.
Great job on your seed project!! Looks like you can do away with your Candida mother now. Should make room for other projects! Happy Smokin'
Thank you Bode! These are Sour G seeds so that's the mother I can toss after test-germinating. I will always keep a Candida mother since I've had that pheno tested, but I'm looking forward to a break in projects for a bit!
Nice seed haul , i think that worked Very well!! , Now if they sprout , but i have confidence in them/you !
It did work well, thanks sb! And a lot of them look like real seeds you'd get from a seller, so I'm actually hopeful. :)

Today was Sour G STS harvest day, on flip 79. It was done drinking and had very little green on it:

I decided to work in the tent because the tray would keep the seeds from flying all over the place. Here are the branches:

That pic was taken at 9:28am. This pic of all the seeds was taken at 1:47pm, so it took over 4 hours to go through every single bit of plant and find the seeds hidden in it. :eek:

I scooped them off the floor of the tent and put them in a bowl. They're easier to see here since they're not smiling back at you:

Later this afternoon I went through every single one and sorted them by color:

Here are closeups of each batch. Green:

Pale:

Dark:

Striped:

I have them separated in a days-of-the-week pill holder to dry for a couple of weeks, at which point I will go over them again (because I'm sure some are in the wrong piles) and toss the green and pale ones. Then I get to do it all over again with the two plants I pollinated! Once those are dry I will test germinate some and put the rest in the fridge. And if planted ones come up healthy I will finally be able to dump the Sour G mother plant.

Quotes:

:high-five:for science!

You do like a Candida, don't you? :)

Thanks Otter! Definitely time consuming, but I'll have the Sour G plants to take down after the JH 1.1 so I might be able to include the second batch with one of them if the timing works out. I also don't think I will be trimming, which saves even more time.

I just knew you'd like it! :Namaste:
Most excellent!

Sweeeet seed haul, Shed!
and toss the green and pale ones.
I'd put those green ones out in the sun- they've still got some chlorophyll in 'em, maybe they'll finish ripening, and darken up like "the good ones" ...:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom