InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

It's important to remember that each one of the Sour G seeds you sprout could be slightly, greatly, or no different from the last. This is not a stabilized variety perfected by a breeder. It's an accidental cross that I made S1 seeds from one of those originals. One seed may lean more Sour Diesel, one more THC Bomb, and one more GG#4.

That's one of the reasons some folks clone every plant they're vegging in case it turns out to be a big win. Then you can grow out that exact version anytime you run out of your jars. It's why the true CapJunky is a clone-only plant, which is the only way to get every harvest as close to possible as the original.

How rude would it be for me to say "I could link to it but it's so tedious - do a little research yourself"? I don't mind answering questions even if they've been asked before. :thumb:
Learning by rote shouldn’t ever be confused with understanding. Or knowledge. Certainly not wisdom. It pays to put a little effort in. Exercise that brain.

“Price of everything/value of nothing” type stuff.

I don’t operate ad hominem attacks on your way of “operating”

I just note the differences. And different is always good.

“Fun to imagine”
R. Feynman

Also you can buy STS. It’s like $10 for 150ml here so probably cheaper in the US where mine is imported from. Danny of Yorke Genetics with the pretty nails buys his. Comes in brown bottles he then wraps in foil for extra protection from the light.

I did some math one day and roughly a 100 dollar investment of buying silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate could make 500k dollars worth of STS at the prices amazon sells their kits for (although that value ignores packaging and shipping costs). Either way, should give an idea of how much gouging is going on. The site of the lab I was going to order from is down now though so there goes my get rich quick scheme.

Friday seed-making plant update. The pollen sacs are looking good and plentiful (hope there's pollen inside eventually) so let's take a look at the plants on flip day 20. Here's the SaugaView®:

And the male parts:

And a couple of pistil pics:

It's chilly and grey today and it is supposed to rain tomorrow, so they'll be spending at least two days in the tent. I'm thinking that yesterday might be the male's last day outside if the pollen sacs look like they're getting ready to open up by Sunday. We'll see!

:ciao: and have a great weekend.
Sweet male parts! You have a great weekend too!

I did some math one day and roughly a 100 dollar investment of buying silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate could make 500k dollars worth of STS at the prices amazon sells their kits for (although that value ignores packaging and shipping costs). Either way, should give an idea of how much gouging is going on. The site of the lab I was going to order from is down now though so there goes my get rich quick scheme.
I bought "Seedsman STS" for $10. Generally its 30% more here than the US.

Sweet male parts! You have a great weekend too!
Thanks Otter! It's tax weekend for me but on the plus side it's gonna be raining. :thumb:
Hope you n the Crew have a great weekend Shedster. CL🍀 :ciao:
Thank you Captain, and I hope your winter weather is finally finished!
Your seed making looks lovely Shed. You make it look easy (but I know you’ve been working at it for a while ). :love: Have a nice weekend.
Thanks Boo! Never let them see you sweat. :)
The sacks are looking really good! I don't think you will have issues with either >> That was a picture of a boy sack Tree ! Damn !
Lol all credit to @Stunger for that pic (and plant of course).
Oh It says pollen out side freezer 1-3 weeks , freezer up to a year . And the fresh is the best of coarse only last a few hours ! how long does pot pollen last - Google Search
Thanks for looking that up sb! I feel like I've heard stories of it lasting longer than a year but I'm sure a lot depends on the conditions.

I had my first pollen (from a male plant) stored in the freezer, but when I took it out to try it the moisture in the ziploc condensed and ruined it. That's why I keep it in the fridge now. I also use the little silica pellets from those dessicant packets that come in vitamin bottles when I store it (thanks to Carcass for that tip).

Luckily I'm not much of a cross breeder, but if I ever get the urge I guess I'll find out if my pollen storage game is on point!

Hey there @InTheShed ,
I didn't know you were breeding Cannabis plants... This is so cool! What's the #1 reason you do this?
I Love My Girls...
I'm not really a breeder and making interesting crosses hasn't been my goal, but the short answer is I like Candida CBD plants and the seeds are no longer available.

The long answer is when I went searching for a variety that was high CBD and very low THC, there were very few reputable and tested choices back then. Candida from Medical Marijuana Genetics (MMG) was one of the few available (and had great reviews) so I bought a 10 pack back in 2018. I grew two plants and have kept a string of clones growing of one of them ever since.

The rest of the original seeds I gifted to folks who needed some straight CBD in their lives (or the lives of the dogs they love), but MMG went out of business and the Candida seed supply dried up. So I decided to make my own to continue to be able to help out where I can. My first Candida seed run didn't result in a big haul (a few folks on the site have grown them out) so it was time to restock and see if I can fill the coffers.

All that said (and I'm sure you know from your name!), breeders have made great strides in creating high CBD/low THC varieties, so our seed sponsors have loads of choices available now.

I'm not really a breeder and making interesting crosses hasn't been my goal, but the short answer is I like Candida CBD plants and the seeds are no longer available.

The long answer is when I went searching for a variety that was high CBD and very low THC, there were very few reputable and tested choices back then. Candida from Medical Marijuana Genetics (MMG) was one of the few available (and had great reviews) so I bought a 10 pack back in 2018. I grew two plants and have kept a string of clones growing of one of them ever since.

The rest of the original seeds I gifted to folks who needed some straight CBD in their lives (or the lives of the dogs they love), but MMG went out of business and the Candida seed supply dried up. So I decided to make my own to continue to be able to help out where I can. My first Candida seed run didn't result in a big haul (a few folks on the site have grown them out) so it was time to restock and see if I can fill the coffers.

All that said (and I'm sure you know from your name!), breeders have made great strides in creating high CBD/low THC varieties, so our seed sponsors have loads of choices available now.
This is wonderful! I love CBD rich strains too... obviously. My avatar is a CBD girl I grew in my backyard. I'm not growing any high CBD girls this season, as I've got plenty in jars right now.

I hear you on "availability". When I grew tired of other meds not working for my C-PTSD, I got a doc's rec and went shopping at various dispensaries, only to discover they don't often sell buds that are high in CBD. After lots of hit and miss, (more misses, less hits) I decided to get into growing and never looked back. I've learned so much by doing so, and continue to learn each time I grow.
I Love My Girls... :smokin:

This is wonderful! I love CBD rich strains too... obviously. My avatar is a CBD girl I grew in my backyard. I'm not growing any high CBD girls this season, as I've got plenty in jars right now.
A few good harvests in a row and you get to take a break from CBD for a bit. I'm still working through the last Candida harvest.
I hear you on "availability". When I grew tired of other meds not working for my C-PTSD, I got a doc's rec and went shopping at various dispensaries, only to discover they don't often sell buds that are high in CBD. After lots of hit and miss, (more misses, less hits) I decided to get into growing and never looked back. I've learned so much by doing so, and continue to learn each time I grow.
I Love My Girls...
I'm glad you found something to help with the C-PTSD, since the symptoms can come at you so many ways.

And it seems like back then THC/CBD blends were the thing, but it turned out there was no consistency from plant to plant and most were well under on the advertised CBD. @Amy Gardner taught me years ago that having CBD and THC in separate plants means you can customize the ratios to fit what works for you rather than what the breeder was trying to aim for with their cross.

I'm glad you found something to help with the C-PTSD, since the symptoms can come at you so many ways.
This is so true. It was a very long search for sure!
And it seems like back then THC/CBD blends were the thing, but it turned out there was no consistency from plant to plant and most were well under on the advertised CBD.
Yes! For sure!!! I started with CBDutch Treat (my avatar)... it was OK, but after a while, it wasn't enough. Moved on to others like AC/DC, Harlequin, BlueberryCBD, and more that I can't think of right now. Then I found the Cream & Cheese CBD cultivar. This is the one that has helped me the most, head and shoulders above the rest (that I've tried so far). I had nightmares for 5 years, every single night, until I found Cannabis. Plant medicine is the best!
@Amy Gardner taught me years ago that having CBD and THC in separate plants means you can customize the ratios to fit what works for you rather than what the breeder was trying to aim for with their cross.
Now this sounds interesting. Do you mean mixing together buds from 2 different cultivars? I think the common lingo is "making a salad"? I tried this haphazardly, a time or two, but didn't know if I was going in the right direction. I'd like to know more of your thoughts on this... if you have the time and inclination. 🙏 Thank you so much.
I Love My Girls... :smokin:

Now this sounds interesting. Do you mean mixing together buds from 2 different cultivars? I think the common lingo is "making a salad"? I tried this haphazardly, a time or two, but didn't know if I was going in the right direction. I'd like to know more of your thoughts on this... if you have the time and inclination. 🙏 Thank you so much.
That how do it. I recently made some thc gummies. I wanted them to each be 10mg, and a mix of 9:1 thc:cbd so I did the calculation and mixed up 90% of what I needed from the thc strain and the other 10% from a cbd bud.

It's easy to play around with strength and mixes to find the ideal one for now. And easy enough to change it next time.

Then I found the Cream & Cheese CBD cultivar. This is the one that has helped me the most, head and shoulders above the rest (that I've tried so far). I had nightmares for 5 years, every single night, until I found Cannabis. Plant medicine is the best!
:bravo: on those excellent results!
Now this sounds interesting. Do you mean mixing together buds from 2 different cultivars? I think the common lingo is "making a salad"? I tried this haphazardly, a time or two, but didn't know if I was going in the right direction. I'd like to know more of your thoughts on this... if you have the time and inclination.
Gotta be easier to answer this than be buried in TurboTax!

I do mean mixing buds together from two different cultivars (one CBD, one THC), either in a bowl or by combining different amounts of two separate oils. I recall that Amy found that a 1:1 ratio of CBD and THC worked best on her chronic pain, and she would accomplish that by making two different batches of oil and then combining for dosing. There are two reasons for doing it that way: the first being that if you try to make a batch of oil using both sets of flowers, you can only use half the amount of each in the same amount of oil before the flowers won't be submerged in the oil; and the second is that you might find that some days you may need a bit more of one or the other, and if your oil is premixed you're out of options without making a whole new batch or batches. Much easier to have one bottle each of 15mg/ml oil (for example) and blend to preference for dosing.
That how do it. I recently made some thc gummies. I wanted them to each be 10mg, and a mix of 9:1 thc:cbd so I did the calculation and mixed up 90% of what I needed from the thc strain and the other 10% from a cbd bud.
It's easy to play around with strength and mixes to find the ideal one for now. And easy enough to change it next time.
Thanks Azi!
lol my bad shed. answered in the wrong thread. i'll answer you in the right place.
Gotcha, already replied over there. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom