InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Friday seed-making plant update. The pollen sacs are looking good and plentiful (hope there's pollen inside eventually) so let's take a look at the plants on flip day 20. Here's the SaugaView®:

And the male parts:

And a couple of pistil pics:

It's chilly and grey today and it is supposed to rain tomorrow, so they'll be spending at least two days in the tent. I'm thinking that yesterday might be the male's last day outside if the pollen sacs look like they're getting ready to open up by Sunday. We'll see!

:ciao: and have a great weekend.

Friday seed-making plant update. The pollen sacs are looking good and plentiful (hope there's pollen inside eventually) so let's take a look at the plants on flip day 20. Here's the SaugaView®:

And the male parts:

It's chilly and grey today and it is supposed to rain tomorrow, so they'll be spending at least two days in the tent. I'm thinking that yesterday might be the male's last day outside if the pollen sacs look like they're getting ready to open up by Sunday. We'll see!

:popcorn:

And the male parts:

I'm a bit late to the party did you spray one 2 to get male sacks?

And the male parts:

so are you planning on catching the pollen some how or just going to let them pop & let them blow around in the tent? my old neighbor pollinated a ancient grain (i forget what it was called) he would use a samwich bag & cover the grain stalk & flick it a few times ten used a q tip to apply

You and me both Mark!

I did. The one on the right in the pic was sprayed every three days with 50/50 STS solution: 2x before flip and about 4x after. It's more reliable and less work than the colloidal silver method.
Where did you purchase your STS from ?

You and me both Mark!

I did. The one on the right in the pic was sprayed every three days with 50/50 STS solution: 2x before flip and about 4x after. It's more reliable and less work than the colloidal silver method.
Is this your first time creating pollen Shedster? I don’t think I have ever seen you attempt this before. But it’s looking 👀 like it’s successful. CL🍀

Highya ITS,

Love the seed making pictures!! Seems so easy when you do it!! I tried STS about 3 years ago. Had to mix it then and I think I got the ratio wrong because the STS killed the mother. Glad to know you can get it mixed. Congratulations on a successful seed making venture and encouraging others to try it as well. Happy Smokin'

so are you planning on catching the pollen some how or just going to let them pop & let them blow around in the tent? my old neighbor pollinated a ancient grain (i forget what it was called) he would use a samwich bag & cover the grain stalk & flick it a few times ten used a q tip to apply
I'm going to hold the pollen plant over the pistil plant and tap it. I'm also going to tap open sacs over parchment paper and use a small paintbrush to pollinate the pistils that are on the interior of the plant.

I'll also dry some out and keep it in the fridge if I ever need it again. I still have Sour G pollen in a vial but I don't know if it's still good.
Where did you purchase your STS from ?
I got mine from another member here. You end up having to buy way more than you need so it's nice to pass along.

Most well stocked labs online will have the components and you can usually find them digging around Amazon as well. As I recall I use the sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate with big crystals rather than the powdered anhydrous version. The mix ratios differ depending on which one you get. Silver nitrate seems much easier to get a hold of.

If you're interested, these mixing instructions are helpful:

...but my A+B mix is different as are my application timings. For those I refer you to this post and video:
https://www.420magazine.com/communi...side-out-jump-in-any-time.417558/post-5727680
Is this your first time creating pollen Shedster? I don’t think I have ever seen you attempt this before. But it’s looking 👀 like it’s successful. CL🍀
Third time actually. First time was my first Candida (mostly pale) seed run in 2021 and the second was the (much better) Sour G seed run in 2022. That's when I changed to 50/50 rather than 90/10 STS solution.
Man, taking pics of them trying to mate....you perv
No expectation of privacy if you're a plant at my house!
Looking good! And that Banana berry strain sounds like a great score.
Thanks Tim, and enjoy your vacay!
Love the seed making pictures!! Seems so easy when you do it!! I tried STS about 3 years ago. Had to mix it then and I think I got the ratio wrong because the STS killed the mother. Glad to know you can get it mixed. Congratulations on a successful seed making venture and encouraging others to try it as well. Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode and I'm sorry about your negative STS experience. :( I'm not sure if you followed the instructions to the letter from the 420 guide above, but it's really important it all be done precisely. When I made my A and B solutions I reweighed everything twice before I actually added any of the ingredients, so taking time and care is important.

If you (or anyone for that matter) is confused by the instructions, let me know and I'll see if I can break them down to simplify them.

:green_heart:

I'm going to turn the pollen plant over the pistil plant and tap it. I'm also going to tap open sacs over parchment paper and use a small paintbrush to pollinate the pistils that are on the interior of the plant.

I'll also dry some out and keep it in the fridge if I ever need it again. I still have Sour G pollen in a vial but I don't know if it's still good.

I got mine from another member here. You end up having to buy way more than you need so it's nice to pass along.

Most well stocked labs online will have the components and you can usually find them digging around Amazon as well. As I recall I use the sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate with big crystals rather than the powdered anhydrous version. The mix ratios differ depending on which one you get. Silver nitrate seems much easier to get a hold of.

If you're interested, these mixing instructions are helpful:

...but my A+B mix is different as are my application timings. For those I refer you to this post and video:
https://www.420magazine.com/communi...side-out-jump-in-any-time.417558/post-5727680

Third time actually. First time was my first Candida (mostly pale) seed run in 2021 and the second was the (much better) Sour G seed run in 2022. That's when I changed to 50/50 rather than 90/10 STS solution.

No expectation of privacy if you're a plant at my house!

Thanks Tim, and enjoy your vacay!

Thanks Bode and I'm sorry about your negative STS experience. :( I'm not sure if you followed the instructions to the letter from the 420 guide above, but it's really important it all be done precisely. When I made my A and B solutions I reweighed everything twice before I actually added any of the ingredients, so taking time and care is important.

If you (or anyone for that matter) is confused by the instructions, let me know and I'll see if I can break them down to simplify them.

:green_heart:
Thanks for the information much appreciated 👍

You and me both Mark!

very interesting! i have future plans. i want Ultimate G!

But I don't know if I'll be able to find any regular seeds of that shit I haven't really looked yet. And my ultimate ultimate goal is how long I can keep one sour G going and keep getting clones off of it over and over and over and over without ever playing the seed again. Makes me wonder if her THC would dwindle I definitely don't want that. Because if you grow it right you get tremendous yields and the THC potency is uncanny on the flowers my last sour G sadly the same I think I calculated time wrong I think they could go a little bit longer than 67 days it wasn't gas like Krissi was. I mean it was good good don't get me wrong superb bud it was. But her I mean damn I know how sour G buds are supposed to look like and I knew that was harvesting early my stupidity should have let them went until I seen all the hairs have the bastard look like they are devilish or evilest looking regulus jump out and pokey in the eye with their hairs. I'm pretty stoned right now off some permanent marker and no not the actual marker The strain permanent marker pretty good shit. Toodles

I'm a true stoner 🤣🤣 I think I may have asked you about it before. I clicked on the link and I'd already given it a ❤️‍🔥 and your answer sounded very familiar.
I have a memory like a sieve sometimes 🤣🤣🤣
Thanks again
I'll ask you again in a couple of months 🤣🤣

I'm a true stoner 🤣🤣 I think I may have asked you about it before. I clicked on the link and I'd already given it a ❤️‍🔥 and your answer sounded very familiar.
I have a memory like a sieve sometimes 🤣🤣🤣
Thanks again
I'll ask you again in a couple of months 🤣🤣
Yes I thought his second link 🔗 looked familiar to so I know what you mean about having a bad memory Abs. Lol 😂 CL🍀

But I don't know if I'll be able to find any regular seeds of that shit I haven't really looked yet. And my ultimate ultimate goal is how long I can keep one sour G going and keep getting clones off of it over and over and over and over without ever playing the seed again. Makes me wonder if her THC would dwindle I definitely don't want that. Because if you grow it right you get tremendous yields and the THC potency is uncanny on the flowers my last sour G sadly the same I think I calculated time wrong I think they could go a little bit longer than 67 days it wasn't gas like Krissi was. I mean it was good good don't get me wrong superb bud it was. But her I mean damn I know how sour G buds are supposed to look like and I knew that was harvesting early my stupidity should have let them went until I seen all the hairs have the bastard look like they are devilish or evilest looking regulus jump out and pokey in the eye with their hairs. I'm pretty stoned right now off some permanent marker and no not the actual marker The strain permanent marker pretty good shit. Toodles
It's important to remember that each one of the Sour G seeds you sprout could be slightly, greatly, or no different from the last. This is not a stabilized variety perfected by a breeder. It's an accidental cross that I made S1 seeds from one of those originals. One seed may lean more Sour Diesel, one more THC Bomb, and one more GG#4.

That's one of the reasons some folks clone every plant they're vegging in case it turns out to be a big win. Then you can grow out that exact version anytime you run out of your jars. It's why the true CapJunky is a clone-only plant, which is the only way to get every harvest as close to possible as the original.
I'm a true stoner I think I may have asked you about it before. I clicked on the link and I'd already given it a and your answer sounded very familiar. I have a memory like a sieve sometimes Thanks again I'll ask you again in a couple of months
Yes I thought his second link looked familiar to so I know what you mean about having a bad memory Abs. Lol CL🍀
How rude would it be for me to say "I could link to it but it's so tedious - do a little research yourself"? I don't mind answering questions even if they've been asked before. :thumb:

It's important to remember that each one of the Sour G seeds you sprout could be slightly, greatly, or no different from the last. This is not a stabilized variety perfected by a breeder. It's an accidental cross that I made S1 seeds from one of those originals. One seed may lean more Sour Diesel, one more THC Bomb, and one more GG#4.

That's one of the reasons some folks clone every plant they're vegging in case it turns out to be a big win. Then you can grow out that exact version anytime you run out of your jars. It's why the true CapJunky is a clone-only plant, which is the only way to get every harvest as close to possible as the original.

How rude would it be for me to say "I could link to it but it's so tedious - do a little research yourself"? I don't mind answering questions even if they've been asked before. :thumb:
No one can say that the Shedster has bad manners. (2Ns) Or isn’t proficient at grammar.(2Ms) lol 😆 CL🍀 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom