InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

If you find some one here who might be nice enough to give u some. :)

The only guy here I know had a male lately is @TurboBucket

I do indeed have some pollen stored from my Maui Wowie male. The crosses I made all sprouted so it was viable before storage. It's mixed with flour as a desiccant and kept in the freezer. Too much moisture will destroy it. Allegedly if kept dry it can last a year I've heard claims of more. On a journey to find out.

I do indeed have some pollen stored from my Maui Wowie male. The crosses I made all sprouted so it was viable before storage. It's mixed with flour as a desiccant and kept in the freezer. Too much moisture will destroy it. Allegedly if kept dry it can last a year I've heard claims of more. On a journey to find out.

I knew U would know more to it. :)

Lets see if he asks u for some precious pollen then. I think it's great people are experimenting to find new strains. I would have even more room than I dream of I might be able to have a male and start testing this out myself.

Super interesting, keep us posted.

I was just curious if a reputable source sold some, I don't mind growing my own males, I would certainly be grateful to receive pollen from a renowned grower but I would have to be sure their seeds would be from a good male and the pollen tested for viability... sometimes I'm too particular with my standards.. too impatient to fail a 3 month project.

I was just curious if a reputable source sold some, I don't mind growing my own males, I would certainly be grateful to receive pollen from a renowned grower but I would have to be sure their seeds would be from a good male and the pollen tested for viability... sometimes I'm too particular with my standards.. too impatient to fail a 3 month project.
Curious how you would select your male? Really the only way to know his traits would be grow your own cross. Which would take 2 or 3x longer as opposed to accepting pollen, pollinating a branch and testing that.

As turbo said pollen can be very tricky to store. And because of that if someone did have a proven batch of pollen via testing it likely would have spoiled.

I see what your getting at but going at it with your own pollen will cost you just as much time plus the time it takes to grow and flower said male. All to have just as many unknown traits passed down. Your best bet is to select regular seeds from a stable IBL strain and go from there, but breeding requires lots of testing with relatively no guarantee the offspring will be worth while. Hence the cost of most seeds. It takes years to properly create a strain. My suggestion is just to.go for it! And you can never REALLY know where any pollen came.from unless you grew the male yourself. Go get em!

Mind if I ask the brand? About 2 grows ago I started to have to use more too. Originally I thought maybe mine just got weak since the bottle had some age. Tried a bottle of Bloom City off Amazon. Still took the same amount so it was some kind of change in the water supply, although the starting pH was still the same as it was before (8.2ish). Ended up buying another bottle of Dyna Gro pH down and the Bloom City sits in case of emergency. Still have to use more than what I used to, but I like the fact that its 1-5-3 NPK vs the Bloom City that was 0-15-0. It doesn't throw my intended NPK ratio off as much with that super high P value.
Technaflora I think it’s called like 2-3 ml per gal as general hydroponics was only 1.5 ish I belive . Guess my tap water is around 7.5 ish I think .

You're welcome here any time NS!

It's hard to guarantee those conditions in retail sales.

Spectrum was Crazy's thought as well.

True, but as you and I both know, you can grow killer plants outdoors with absolutely no control at all!

Indoor and outdoor growers see the world so differently!

I use GH pH Down and it rarely takes more than 1.5-2 ml per gallon to get down to 6.4 from the mid 7s.

The alkalinity of the water plays a huge part in determining how much acid it takes to lower the pH of your nutes.
Yeah but light is a must and that brotha I just didn’t get this season . Even when I spoke to a fella at local hydroponics store . He said Crap season for outdoor this year .

So makes me happy to hear that.

But you are right! They can grow aggressively but it’s really about getting A feeding chart and possibly a nice inside start. As well as With some strong stabilizing starts ; to get them going ?

It’s a fun battle sometimes, I think I still have no idea what I’m doing ?

I get this remove everything first two nodes or bud sites on each main Branch?

Some say only leave the top three ?

Then lollipop is pretty much remove the first 25% of 1/4 of plant down low ideally scrog is benefiting as well for that. Bit still I think there are rewards to this and it’s a sport to those learning. Least how I fee bud.

What do I know ?

Just some internet know it all apparently lol

Two things I can tell you Joe...you did great outdoors this summer and would have done even better if you planted where you grow your tomatoes. Nothing you could have done about the Candida as far north as you are. Second thing is that your grow from last winter turned out great, so no need to change anything. Tweak one thing here and there if you like, but you don't need to be chasing down the latest trend on the internet.

I would not worry about it too much. My first grow was under constant negative pressure through flower and turned out great with a low rH at 35%. I was quite paranoid about smell and flying bugs, but the end result was great. In fact I think the last half of flower should be lower to reduce chances of PM or molds etc. Cheers everyone!
Yeah I’ve been plucking away some of the first set of leafs that developed on bud sites not all but ones that are jammed up or blocking other bud sites been trying to remove and see the plants at this point is where I am at as s grower ?

Yeah try to mock nature fall and summer right

Eventually my slow ticking brain will get this and I’ll laugh like dr. Evil in Austin powers flicks mauuuhh ha haha !

ImLit!

My apologies this evening :Namaste:

I would not worry about it too much. My first grow was under constant negative pressure through flower and turned out great with a low rH at 35%. I was quite paranoid about smell and flying bugs, but the end result was great. In fact I think the last half of flower should be lower to reduce chances of PM or molds etc. Cheers everyone!
Thanks I sweat when I poop so just imagine how I feel during flower time and freaking out lol

Two things I can tell you Joe...you did great outdoors this summer and would have done even better if you planted where you grow your tomatoes. Nothing you could have done about the Candida as far north as you are. Second thing is that your grow from last winter turned out great, so no need to change anything. Tweak one thing here and there if you like, but you don't need to be chasing down the latest trend on the internet.
Fair enough brotha :passitleft:

I got six regs in one an a half gal fabric pots currently and few in one gal pots fabric. First time in coco this is about to get interesting lol

Hoping for female really

Saturday night update!

It may be late where most of you are (or very early), but not here or Alaska (obviously), so I'll just show you a little bit of what I did today.

First thing was to get the plants into the sun. It was about 70º and beautiful blue skies today and all the green things had a nice time. I did want to get a peek at the roots for the Candidas to see if they need to be up-canned.

Candida planted with a tap root:

Candida planted with no tap root but side roots poking through the peat casing:

Interesting? Maybe, maybe not. The plant with no tap has a much fuller and more evenly distributed root system. Both will be put in 5 gallon pots next weekend.

I fished all the BT2 stems out of the green bin because I had forgotten that I wanted to save them for a skin cream when I have enough. I cut them into pieces and notice that you could use them as straws!

That hollow middle didn't seem to keep it from growing enormous colas though! Speaking of enormous colas, I took all the buds off the stems and put them in a box:

And I put the mini dehuey in for a while to get the excess moisture out as it rarely gets below 67% RH this time of year. Then I jarred them up and they're sitting between 59 and 64%. I'll burp them twice a day for an hour or so for a week, then 20 minutes twice a day for another week, and then sealed for the 30-day minimum cure. I'll get y'all a final weight tomorrow.

When it got dark I moved the AK back into the bike shed under the CFL where it has survived colder weather than we're having, and Sour G is now in the office next to me under the CFL desk light for a few nights to see what happens with the new growth. That leaves more room in the shed though...just the 2 Candidas, the AK clone, and the PC. With the 5 gallon transplant it will start to seem more crowded, but now it seems empty!

The rest of the day was spent tearing the old patching on the roof that was no longer holding back the rain from my son's room. It was about 15x8 and I had to take out the nails and remove the patch that was under the patch as well. I think I'm just going to fill in the valley with roof patch so it's flat and see if that's enough. I'll need a 3 gallon tub of Henry's 208 for that.

That's my update for the day. Tomorrow I'll be meeting some fellow growers down in Orange County so I won't be here until late, so have a great Sunday. I hope the storm wasn't too hard on those in its path...

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom