InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

From what I read pollen can last a while in the right conditions
Recognise these tubes from cyclone pre rolled cones that you fill up? Thats what im gonna be using to store pollen. Probably black out the cap to stop light getting in other than that should work well!
20190120_105448.jpg

That hollow middle didn't seem to keep it from growing enormous colas though! Speaking of enormous colas, I took all the buds off the stems and put them in a box:

The rest of the day was spent tearing the old patching on the roof that was no longer holding back the rain from my son's room. It was about 15x8 and I had to take out the nails and remove the patch that was under the patch as well. I think I'm just going to fill in the valley with roof patch so it's flat and see if that's enough. I'll need a 3 gallon tub of Henry's 208 for that.

That's my update for the day. Tomorrow I'll be meeting some fellow growers down in Orange County so I won't be here until late, so have a great Sunday. I hope the storm wasn't too hard on those in its path...

:peace:

I was surprised by the hollowed out branches on my harvest as well - partially what gave me the idea to make a pipe with them. Wish I would have thought to make a straw instead - that would have been a lot easier! :D

Sorry to hear about your roof leak. 15x8 is quite a large area to repair. Good luck to you on that "not so fun" project.

Roots grow like shoots. Top the lead grower and the others catch up. Maybe you have something good with the topped root instead of tap root?!

Either way they look really nice. And those hollow stems are a good sign of a healthy plant. Well dont buddy those nugs look yum yum yummmm!

Gave my X one of those cannabis skin creams in Christmas present. She said it was one of the best creams she had tried. So that sounds interesting what you are about to try! Your wifey might like that. :)
We both use the high THC topical pain oil I make but I think the salve I made last year from the branches and leaves and roots has a completely different set of benefits. Much better for bites and hives and the like.
Nope..... not ever!
Phewf!
Recognise these tubes from cyclone pre rolled cones that you fill up? Thats what im gonna be using to store pollen. Probably black out the cap to stop light getting in other than that should work well!
Nice re-purposing! If it's going in the freezer I don't think light will be a problem.
Found some "anytime"

Have a lovely sunday brother:high-five:
Thanks NS, you too!
Sorry to hear about your roof leak. 15x8 is quite a large area to repair. Good luck to you on that "not so fun" project.
The huge patch was probably overkill when I did it. This time I'm just going to seal the valley with tar and see if that's enough.
Roots grow like shoots. Top the lead grower and the others catch up. Maybe you have something good with the topped root instead of tap root?!

Either way they look really nice. And those hollow stems are a good sign of a healthy plant. Well dont buddy those nugs look yum yum yummmm!
The taproot didn't get topped, it just hadn't shown up at the bottom of the peat by the time I planted it. It definitely had more side rooting than the other one that had attack.

I had no idea hollow stems meant a healthy plant! Here is was worried about it this whole time!

Yep! Those are nice looking for sure. That's one thing they say to look for in a good stud.

Tomorrow I'll be meeting some fellow growers down in Orange County
:D that sounds great! It must have been nice to shoot the breeze about gardening a bit.
Nope..... not ever!
:rofl:

:passitleft:
:thumb:
taproot didn't get topped, it just hadn't shown up at the bottom of the peat by the time I planted it. It definitely had more side rooting than the other one that had attack.

I’ve been meaning to ask about this... do think it’s possible that it is just the taproot coming out the side when this happens? :hmmmm:

had no idea hollow stems meant a healthy plant! Here is was worried about it this whole time!

Mmm - no disrespect to Dabber ( @TheMadDabber ) but that’s contrary to most of what I’ve read around here and elsewhere too. Not quite a deficiency but I’ve thought is is not enough calcium. I’m open to being re-educated about that tho, like with everything! :battingeyelashes:

Sounds great. Hope you get the same recipe this time. :)
It really was odds and ends but I'm going to wait until I have harvested the big ones to make the oil. Mo' stems mo' better!
I’m going to have to try making some topical pain oil. I like that idea a lot. I’ve never considered it before, but hey...why not? I have all the fixings.
Give me a shout whenever your ready GT! I've made lots and researched even more. And it's a lot easier than QWET! :thumb:
:D that sounds great! It must have been nice to shoot the breeze about gardening a bit.
We had a nice time sharing stories. Wish we had more time!
I’ve been meaning to ask about this... do think it’s possible that it is just the taproot coming out the side when this happens? :hmmmm:
I really didn't mean that the second plant never grew a tap root, just that when I planted it nothing was growing out of the bottom. But there was so much growing out of the sides that I had to plant it or risk it air-pruning very early in its life. Even the color of the roots is different between the two!
Mmm - no disrespect to Dabber ( @TheMadDabber ) but that’s contrary to most of what I’ve read around here and elsewhere too. Not quite a deficiency but I’ve thought is is not enough calcium. I’m open to being re-educated about that tho, like with everything! :battingeyelashes:
I doubt he'll be back to read it so don't worry about dissing him ;). He's really busy these days.

This plant was getting full doses of calcium during its life so unless it needed even more, I don't if know hollow stems means that or not. I can say that the size of the colas didn't indicate any deficiencies to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday update in brief:

Speaking of large colas, let me lead with the final weight of Blue Treacle Auto 2:
Smokeable bud: 152 grams or 5.4 ounces
Botrytis bud dried: 19 grams or .7 ounces
Total of 6 ounces dried. Not bad!

By the way, I include the weight of the botrytis bud in my total weight because it will go into topical oil, and if I didn't use it I would have to use that much more smokeable bud. And I never bother weighing trim because it just goes in a big bag of frozen trim!

As I mentioned earlier, I was down in Orange County today meeting a couple of growers from the area so that I could pass along my AK-47 and Sour G clones. Two in soil to one member and four with loose roots coming out of the cloninator so they could go into hempy for the other. I ended up getting a Bedroom Cookies clone and a container of Super Lemon Haze and we had a nice meet-up! Win win all 'round. Not to mention messing with the workers in the Jack in the Box drive through window who wanted to know how much we were charging for the plants :).

After we went our separate ways I met up with my wife and a friend of ours who had driven down with us and we spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying Wood's Cove:
View media item 1645551
Which is what Bette Davis saw when she looked out her window:
View media item 1645550
And if she were alive today, she'd see them taking pregnant pics on the beach!
View media item 1645552
I hope you all had good Sundays! I'm gonna go find out what y'all did if I don't fall asleep midway...it's three pages worth of unread journals :cool:.

It was about 70º and beautiful blue skies today and all the green things had a nice time.
Beautiful pics Shed:bong:
The rest of the day was spent tearing the old patching on the roof that was no longer holding back the rain from my son's room. It was about 15x8 and I had to take out the nails and remove the patch that was under the patch as well. I think I'm just going to fill in the valley with roof patch so it's flat and see if that's enough. I'll need a 3 gallon tub of Henry's 208 for that.
Maybe get the 5 gallon and do 3 or 4 coats.:rolleyes:
I had no idea hollow stems meant a healthy plant!
Think its funny you and Amy have been talking about the hollow stem mystery for awhile. Been meaning to check a couple of dead bodies(plants).
Lol at the Bette Davis view .:laugh:. That photographer is on point for certain/:goodjob:

Oh I wanted to get this into a post by itself so I can bookmark it if I need to refer back to it. Sorry for the repeat:

Final weight of Blue Treacle Auto 2, harvested on day 100:
Smokeable bud: 152 grams or 5.4 ounces
Botrytis bud dried: 19 grams or .7 ounces
Total of 6 ounces dried. Not bad!

For the record, I include the weight of the botrytis bud in my total weight because it will go into topical oil, and if I didn't use it I would have to use that much more smokeable bud. And I never bother weighing trim because it just goes in a big bag of frozen trim!

It really was odds and ends but I'm going to wait until I have harvested the big ones to make the oil. Mo' stems mo' better!

U will post the progress with pics right? I would sure use some cream for my neck. :)

Nice Sunday at the beach. :)

Great pull on the Blue Treacle! Wish I could say the same on Spliff, haven't even bothered to weigh her up. It's definitely less than 30g.

The move to the big tent feels like the right thing, now they got lots of more room to dance in.

That surely was a nice day out :)
It was AB and the weather was beautiful!
Hey even with bud rot mary jane is still trying to help :slide:
All THC is good THC...
U will post the progress with pics right? I would sure use some cream for my neck. :)
Nice Sunday at the beach. :)
Great pull on the Blue Treacle! Wish I could say the same on Spliff, haven't even bothered to weigh her up. It's definitely less than 30g.
The move to the big tent feels like the right thing, now they got lots of more room to dance in.
Everyone love more room to dance!

The cream I'm talking about making is skin salve for bug bites and hives and scrapes. Pain oil is completely different, it's just buds and grapeseed oil (or a blend of grapeseed and pumpkin seed which is what I use).

Try to hit at least 15mg/ml THC in the finished product. For example, if you used 30 grams (post decarb weight) of buds at 15% THC you would use 250ml of grapeseed oil for your infusion. That would be appx 15.30mg/ml.

PM me for further details.

Back
Top Bottom