InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

That's the one! With the knife at the bottom! I don't understand how 200º for 100 minutes can give you 100% decarb since the chart we all use and the rest of the research never mentions that as an option. I really want to know what it is at 212º. If some specific time at boiling gives 100% decarb who would do it any other way?

And why was his raw herb already 24% decarbed? And I have no idea how those charts indicate 100% decarb unless I'm reading them wrong. That video always left me with more questions than answers!

Yeah I mean if you have the resources at your disposal go for it. I'm not sure I'd go buy all the stuff for sous vide, but I guess it could be one of those "pays for itself over time" kinda things?

Lol shed you know the only reason I was enticed by this idea.... no smell! Cant have that with my wife, especially with her pregnant women nose (shes like a bloodhound). I had no idea how effective or ineffective it may be until you encouraged me to find that video.

I'll give it a go at one point I'm sure.

I had loads of problems with that part of their data. I appreciated the oil efficiency ratings but once they start telling me how bad my oven decarb is (even though they only tested one temp and time per method) they lost credibility.

Wait, so they're efficiency numbers are bogus too?
No, their numbers were fine and both values were from the same study. The spreadsheet choose to use the 83% number instead of the 96% value. That's all I was trying to point out.

I agree a lot of the data is focused on selling their product so you need to take it for what it is. I do think their raw data is valid although somewhat incomplete.

That's the one! With the knife at the bottom! I don't understand how 200º for 100 minutes can give you 100% decarb since the chart we all use and the rest of the research never mentions that as an option. I really want to know what it is at 212º. If some specific time at boiling gives 100% decarb who would do it any other way?

And why was his raw herb already 24% decarbed? And I have no idea how those charts indicate 100% decarb unless I'm reading them wrong. That video always left me with more questions than answers!
Yeah take percentages with a grain of salt I suppose eh? we have sent test results that showed a lower percent of thc after the 3rd distillation o_O. you'd figure it would go up as more fat and undesirable materials are left behind. Even stranger is your assume if thc drops CBN would increase, but not "according to the tests". And yes they're state licensed test facilities.

AnywaysI thought all plants contained a little thc but not that high of a percent.

I agree I would just do a light boil also. I'm way too much of a cardboard and duct tape guy to buy a sous vide for decarb lols

BTW: you got a high tolerance... o_O :oops: :Namaste:
Yeah I guess. For some reason I can make a ‘firecracker’ from AVB 1/2tbsp and get rocked. Coconut oil infused with cannabis just seems to not work in my system. I’m gonna try evoo or something else next time I guess

Yeah I mean if you have the resources at your disposal go for it. I'm not sure I'd go buy all the stuff for sous vide, but I guess it could be one of those "pays for itself over time" kinda things?
Lol shed you know the only reason I was enticed by this idea.... no smell! Cant have that with my wife, especially with her pregnant women nose (shes like a bloodhound). I had no idea how effective or ineffective it may be until you encouraged me to find that video.
I'll give it a go at one point I'm sure.
If it works at 200º in a fancy machine it also works in a pot of boiling water! But does it?
No, their numbers were fine and both values were from the same study. The spreadsheet choose to use the 83% number instead of the 96% value. That's all I was trying to point out.
I agree a lot of the data is focused on selling their product so you need to take it for what it is. I do think their raw data is valid although somewhat incomplete.
Oh gotcha. So I could replace that cell in the spreadsheet with .96 and be good!
Yeah take percentages with a grain of salt I suppose eh? we have sent test results that showed a lower percent of thc after the 3rd distillation o_O. you'd figure it would go up as more fat and undesirable materials are left behind. Even stranger is your assume if thc drops CBN would increase, but not "according to the tests". And yes they're state licensed test facilities.
AnywaysI thought all plants contained a little thc but not that high of a percent.
I agree I would just do a light boil also. I'm way too much of a cardboard and duct tape guy to buy a sous vide for decarb lols
Put some already-tested weed in a high-temp ziploc bag, boil it for 80 minutes, and slip it in the batch for testing at the state licensed place and report back!
Yeah I guess. For some reason I can make a ‘firecracker’ from AVB 1/2tbsp and get rocked. Coconut oil infused with cannabis just seems to not work in my system. I’m gonna try evoo or something else next time I guess
Butter seems to have the best infusion rates!

No but you will!

It was soooo close I ordered a unit from china. But they are illegal to own here. The fact is I almost have one... Saved an old lab still unit in glass that was used to make distilled water with for flushing instruments with. The heat rod was busted but it could easily be fixed to work. :)

I microwave in tupperware all the time. o_O
And there is nothing wrong with you? :D

It was soooo close I ordered a unit from china. But they are illegal to own here. The fact is I almost have one... Saved an old lab still unit in glass that was used to make distilled water with for flushing instruments with. The heat rod was busted but it could easily be fixed to work. :)

I haven't made essential oils, but I've made plenty of another clear liquids. I built my own via a good quality 8 gallon pot. Hole in the lid, copper pipe, fittings, coil, etc.

Oh gotcha. So I could replace that cell in the spreadsheet with .96 and be good!

Yep, use any number you want. It's a user input field.

ive been up 22 hours so I might nap a bit. I'll try to shoot you a message reguarding your questions on some of the other tabs. Or maybe I should just make a post over in my thread to keep that info in the tread the spreadsheet file lives. Others may have the same questions.

Yeah I started eating "dingys" which are decarbed oil. Like FECO. 70 to 75% thc by volume. Dab .2 ml on a cracker and I don't need to smoke again that day... i certainly enjoy the convenience but the infused oil works very well for me as well

Heres what it looks like when we make it.

20190108_171844.jpg

Over a kilo of meds

Back
Top Bottom