InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

You got it man. I almost reached out to text you the other day but I wasn’t sure if that was cool to talk about 420 stuff. I use what’s app for most of that talk these days.

Wasn't farside's explanation clear? He's mixing up a concentrated MegaCrop...................................hang on:
"Into a quart jar went 193.8 grams of powder. To it I added 32 ounces of RO. I mixed it with a knife, then back and forth between 2 quart jars. The chunky white stuff wasn't dissolving that well at high concentrations and colder water, so I left about an inch liquid in the bottom along with the chinks, and microwaved for 30 seconds. The hotter water dissolved the white chunks. Now we're in business. Poured it back between the 2 quart jars a couple more times and good shaking or two. Now it all looks dissolved. At the 193.8 grams of powder to the 32 ounces of RO, 1 tsp of liquid should now equal 1 gram of powder when added to a gallon of water. We'll see how it holds up/stores. "

You guys find mega crop in a smaller bag than 20 lbs ?

Yeah, just got the 300g free trial bag from their website. Amazon has multiple smaller sizes too.

Congrats on the roots Agemon! Not familiar with Leo.
You guys find mega crop in a smaller bag than 20 lbs ?
Their website has 7 sizes from 300 grams to 2200 pounds.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday update time in which I will focus on the Peyote Critical picture-wise. Sour G recovered from its wilt yesterday and I promised them I will not let that happen again. Standing by my promise I watered the AK-47 and the PC with a gallon each. Into each gallon went:
3/4 tsp Pro-tekt (which I am out of now...moving back to Armor Si)
6ml cal-mag+
½ tsp Grow Big
2 tsp Tiger Bloom
I'm out of Big Bloom and won't be reordering it.

TDS was around 900 nutes-only. Next week I'm done with the Grow Big and I'll be adding Terpinator through flower to bump the TDS and boost the K.

Speaking of the PC, it's day 136, flip day 20, and pistil day something or other. Here are some visuals:

Here are the three in the shed this morning:

The PC is the tallest and the Sour G has overtaken the AK, which doesn't stretch much for me. They're getting around 42-48,000 lux across the tops except at the far ends where they are longer than the light frame.

To keep the heat in, the light sits at the top of the 4' tall oval and only 9" off the PC. I'd like to bump the wattage and raise the frame, but then it won't stay as warm because it won't be sealed. I'm hoping we can get back to more normal temperatures for this time of year. And if this is the new normal it will be autos only next winter, under the light at night staying warm.

And finally, I thought I would get a pic of some of the stems that have been sitting in water since Jan. 27th. These are all AK-47 cuttings. The AK and the PC cuttings showed roots in water, and the Sour G still does not. That mirrors the cloninator where the Sour G would take over a month to root. So Amy is once again correct...listen to Amy folks if you don't already!

That's all for me :). Now go out there and have fun! :surf:

I'll play guinea pig. Into a quart jar went 193.8 grams of powder. To it I added 32 ounces of RO. I mixed it with a knife, then back and forth between 2 quart jars. The chunky white stuff wasn't dissolving that well at high concentrations and colder water, so I left about an inch liquid in the bottom along with the chinks, and microwaved for 30 seconds. The hotter water dissolved the white chunks. Now we're in business. Poured it back between the 2 quart jars a couple more times and good shaking or two. Now it all looks dissolved. At the 193.8 grams of powder to the 32 ounces of RO, 1 tsp of liquid should now equal 1 gram of powder when added to a gallon of water. We'll see how it holds up/stores.

Day 1 of storage. So far it looks ok. There is a small amount of fine sediment but no chunks. Shake the container and it goes back into suspension. I always shake my nutes before using them anyhow, so no biggie on my part. It will be interesting to see what its like on Saturday when I'll probably be using it next.

Amy is once again correct...listen to Amy folks if you don't already!
Well thanks Buddy! I’m sure I’m not the first person to notice that some strains root more easily that others ;) I’ve heard tell of it I’m sure!

:high-five: That’s for the Oval of Brightness® ! And here’s another :high-five:

Lookin super in there, despite the pressures of environment. Yer managing to keep them looking great. ANd the PC has some very lovely forms :yummy:

Do you have a way of converting the Lux to PPFD? Or is there a particular Lux amount that one should aim for?

Clones falling out all over around here nowadays...................... Pretty ass bushes there Mister Shed

Beautiful update Shed... they all look great, but that PC is stunning!
Thank you MoN! I hope it stays stunning after the trim in the next week :rolleyes:.
Day 1 of storage. So far it looks ok. There is a small amount of fine sediment but no chunks. Shake the container and it goes back into suspension. I always shake my nutes before using them anyhow, so no biggie on my part. It will be interesting to see what its like on Saturday when I'll probably be using it next.
Great update. You make an excellent guinea pig farside :thumb:.
Do you have a way of converting the Lux to PPFD? Or is there a particular Lux amount that one should aim for?
Thanks Amy. I always expect variability, but I really didn't factor in the cold when I considered flipping these.

With single color temperature LEDs like yours and mine, you can use online lux to ppfd calculators (I can't link to them because most are on non-sponsor lighting websites). It's much more difficult with blurple tuned spectrum lights. The one I use is on the horticulture lighting group website and is set for 3000K, which tells me that 42,000 lux is 612 PPFD and 48,000 is 700 PPFD. YOU shouldn't have trouble finding one where you can select your temperature in K and give it the lux reading and it spits out the PPFD.

@farside05 has lux numbers he likes to hit at various stages of growth. He can best answer that question.
Clones falling out all over around here nowadays...................... Pretty ass bushes there Mister Shed
Thank you very much Norcali!

Or is there a particular Lux amount that one should aim for?
Farside posted this here where he quotes Royal Queen Seeds website (with this note: numbers are for "white light" like COBs, strips, QBs, HPS, or MH. It doesn't work...for blurple LEDs):

[QUOTE:
HOW MUCH LIGHT DO YOUR CANNABIS PLANTS REQUIRE?

• Clones and seedlings: 5,000–7,000 lux
  • Vegetative growth: 15,000–50,000 lux
  • Flowering: 45,000–65,000 lux
  • Maximum recommended amount of light: 75,000 lux
What about even more light? At some point, increasing the light beyond a threshold plant can manage will actually diminish returns. Said differently, once you reach about 85,000 lux, it’s simply too much. Some strains may already show signs of light stress at only 75,000 lux, with the risk of light bleaching increasing at over 80,000 lux. To keep it safe, it is best to stay at or below 75,000 lux.
/QUOTE]

At 70,000 lux my strips are putting out 1020 PPFD. From what I've read, anything over 1000PPFD can't be used without adding CO2, heat, and additional nutrients.

Here is a LINK to a post, that contains a link to an article, on using lux numbers. Confused yet? lol. Anyway, I target these lux numbers for various stages:

Seedlings - 20k
Early veg - 30k
Veg - 40k
Transition to bloom - 50k
Bloom - 60k
Late bloom - up to 70k

This is only the second run with having a meter so I'm no "expert". But that's what I've shot for.

I’m confused as to how these measurements all work. Can someone break it down kindergarten style for me? My light manufacturer states their light output in PARs. I’d like to make sure I’m getting the most from my equipment obviously.

Depends on whether it's a public school kindergarten or a private school kindergarten :).

Getting a lux meter (private school) would be great particularly in a tent as big as yours. I have a Dr.Meter LX1330B ($30 from amazon) and that will tell you what your plants are getting where.

I guess public school would be to work with the chart that came with the light.

Back
Top Bottom