InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Hey shed
I'm gonna throw this one at you, cause you might know.
what makes a plant reveg when in flower.
Does the hours of light force the reveg?
Or
Does the hours of darkness force the reveg?

Hey shed
I'm gonna throw this one at you, cause you might know.
what makes a plant reveg when in flower.
Does the hours of light force the reveg?
Or
Does the hours of darkness force the reveg?
Unless you're planning on working with a non-standard day period (i.e. 12 hours of darkness and 18 hours of light) this sounds like a riddle!

Let's use the Gas Lantern Routine as an example. That would be 12/5.5/1/5.5 where the 12 and the 1 are light and the 5.5 are dark. A plant under GLR lighting will not go into flower as it doesn't get 12 hours of darkness. However, neither do outdoor plants and they go into flower merely because they begin getting less light than they did the day before. Or is it because they get more dark? How would you test that except by using a non-24 hour day.

Archiweedies' Durban Poison went into flower because he went from 18/6 to 16/8, as an outdoor grow would.

So I don't know the answer - if there is one! Sorry :).

Unless you're planning on working with a non-standard day period (i.e. 12 hours of darkness and 18 hours of light) this sounds like a riddle!

Let's use the Gas Lantern Routine as an example. That would be 12/5.5/1/5.5 where the 12 and the 1 are light and the 5.5 are dark. A plant under GLR lighting will not go into flower as it doesn't get 12 hours of darkness. However, neither do outdoor plants and they go into flower merely because they begin getting less light than they did the day before. Or is it because they get more dark? How would you test that except by using a non-24 hour day.

Archiweedies' Durban Poison went into flower because he went from 18/6 to 16/8, as an outdoor grow would.

Lol didnt want to make a riddle for ya,
So I'm guessing that flowering is induced by an increasing amount of darkness. Thus a reduction of that darkness would cause the plant to reveg.

Lol didnt want to make a riddle for ya,
So I'm guessing that flowering is induced by an increasing amount of darkness. Thus a reduction of that darkness would cause the plant to reveg.
I'm still not sure on the difference unless I'm missing something. Reduction in darkness necessarily means increase in light, so how can you say it's one or the other. Seems like it's semantics to my brain.

Experiment time! Lol.
Non 24 hr day would be the only way to tell. Keep lights at 12 hr and go back to 6hr of dark. That would let you know if it was the dark time, right?:hmmmm: If nothing happens then increase the light time.

What kind of yields do people typically get from a revegged plant? Compared to first harvest. Just out of curiosity.

Experiment time! Lol.
Non 24 hr day would be the only way to tell. Keep lights at 12 hr and go back to 6hr of dark. That would let you know if it was the dark time, right?:hmmmm: If nothing happens then increase the light time.

What kind of yields do people typically get from a revegged plant? Compared to first harvest. Just out of curiosity.

I've read about a non 24 hour flower cycle... it was something like 21hr on and 12hr off.

I'm thinking of forcing flower on some outside plants.... idk if I'll cover or move to darkness to get them into flower. What I'm hoping for is to get the plants into flower and then be able to leave them outside. Maybe 2 or 3 weeks of 12hrs of dark. But the problem is that there would be only 10hrs of darkness by the 3rd week of August.

I'm thinking of forcing flower on some outside plants.... idk if I'll cover or move to darkness to get them into flower. What I'm hoping for is to get the plants into flower and then be able to leave them outside. Maybe 2 or 3 weeks of 12hrs of dark. But the problem is that there would be only 10hrs of darkness by the 3rd week of August.
That's my thing itibiti! I flip my outside plants by moving them inside for 12 hours of dark every night, then outside in the morning. But once I flip them I'm committed to the daily move. If they were on 12/12 and then you put them outside at 14/10 they will reveg until they finally start flowering again. Personally I wouldn't stress a plant like that.

You have increased the hours of light, and like I mentioned, it's the change that matters most. See previous reference to Archiweedies' Durban Poison! They went into flower at 16/8, not because they were getting 12 hours of dark, but because they had been getting 18 hours of light and it dropped to 16.

All mostercrop clones are revegged, so yields can be huge. My 6.4 ounce AK last spring was a monstercrop and it easily outperformed the mother.

I love when they do that...makes training them wide and flat really easy :).

And with a limited outside flowering season, I would go the opposite way you were thinking. Put them out when it's warm and let them flip themselves over the summer (mine start showing pistils in mid-July). Leave them outside as long as you can and then take them inside for 12 hours of dark either when the nights start getting chilly or Sept 21st, whichever comes first. And if you can't be bothered with the moving, just bring them inside permanently when the weather changes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Saturday update is the transplant of Bedroom Cookies 2.2 from @Archiweedies!

Yes I remembered the Mykos!

It's definitely time:

All done and watered with 4.2g of MegaCrop. I took some leaves of to gt the light down lower:

AW says these plants seem to stop growing on their own so I'm still not sure if I will top it or just see what it wants to do.

It's now back in the tent with the Candidas, which got a gallon each of 5.1g of MegaCrop. I'm going to trim them tomorrow (and try to resist taking cuttings because space - unless of course I leave them in water to root) and flip them tomorrow night. It's definitely time :).

The Peyote Critical was completely droopy this morning and had a bunch of yellow leaves underneath. I didn't have time to take pics because I wanted to mix up nutes ASAP. It's amazing how quickly it goes from fine to desperate. I think I'm just going to water it every other day now.

I got a nap in the sun this afternoon. :yahoo: And I hope your weekend is going well. :peace:

Hey it's that sandcastle magic! Very well done there uncle shed. Should be a great year for ya :high-five::cheer:

Like the sig says, it's not about growing plants but ourselves as well as our knowledge of this amazing and healing herb
:ganjamon:

See previous reference to Archiweedies' Durban Poison! They went into flower at 16/8, not because they were getting 12 hours of dark, but because they had been getting 18 hours of light and it dropped to 16.

Hey everyone hope everyone is good today family. What Shed said is true, my plant did begin flowering under her own volition after a change in photoperiod.
I want to be clear on one point that wasn’t mentioned. I did reduce the schedule from 18/6 to 16/8. This was accompanied by a change in when the actual cycle was.

I was turning lights on at 9pm and lights off at 3pm the following day. What it changed to was lights on at 4pm and lights off at 8am. This was completed by simply making the day extra long to get me to the new ‘lights off time” of 8am. Hope tat all makes sense.

It is difficult to definitively say, in my case, whether the extra darkness was the reason for flowering or if it was the change in the actual schedule. What I can tell you, is that happened on January 22nd and I didn’t flip my tent to 12/12 until February 5th. That’s two weeks and my Durban was flowering at 16/8 and never even thought about revegging or going hermie. Now she’s almost all growed up :high-five: and as luck would have it, she’ll be done two weeks before her sisters :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom