InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

If you let your flowers dry completely you can decarb in sealed canning jars
You'd only have to completely dry if you want to decarb in sealed mason jars
o_O

------------------------
Thursday and it's too chilly (for plants) to be outside in spite of the sun. Just one quick color-shifted pic of the AK in the shed. Tip spreading and supercropping continues unabated.

I'm working out how to get an extension cord in the bike shed, as I may need both a fan and my mini dehumidifier!

Tip spreading and supercropping continues unabated.

Yep... there are a lot of tips there Shed!
:rollit:
Looking nice and lush!

How cold is too cold for the plants during the day? I’m getting a few cooler days ATM... Wondering how they’ll cope (being in a garden bed I can’t exactly move ‘em)... Then it’s getting hot again on the weekend - this time of year we can jump 15degC from one day to the next!

stay warm yourself man... :volcano-smiley:

Looking nice and lush!
How cold is too cold for the plants during the day? I’m getting a few cooler days ATM... Wondering how they’ll cope (being in a garden bed I can’t exactly move ‘em)... Then it’s getting hot again on the weekend - this time of year we can jump 15degC from one day to the next!
stay warm yourself man...
Air temps by my house might not get much above 60ºF (15.5ºC) which, while it will be warmer in the radiant heat of the sun, still seems like they'd be better off at 70º F (21ºC) under the Mars 300. It's always a tough call before I head to work in the winter mornings. I feel better about it now that it's not just CFLs and T8s in the shed though. We get those 15ºC shifts here as well and I have to decide if I trust the local weather report from day to day :).

Special thanks to Gorilla Seeds for their sponsorship of this site and the contests! My order took only 9 days (once they shipped ;)) from the UK! They are very generous with the freebies when you check out. I ordered 5 seeds and got 10 for free (not to mention some extras thrown in by Sherry for my MOTM win) :thumb:.

Instead of zooming in, here's the list:
Ordered:
CBD Lemon Potion Auto: 60/40 Indica dom, 14%:7% CBD:THC, 70 day harvest
Narcotic Kush Auto: Indica dom, 22% THC, 60 day harvest (right!)
Amphetamine Auto: Indica dom, 16%TCH, 50 day harvest (really?)
Freebies:
Purple Skunk Mass Auto: Indica dom, 18% THC, 60 day harvest (this is getting a bit absurd, no?)
Auto Masszar: 50/50, 19% THC, 70 day harvest
Honeysuckle Fem Photo: no info on website
Knockout Fem Photo: Sativa dom, "Insanely Strong"
Purple Envy Fem Photo: Indica dom
UK Cheese Auto: 75/25 Indica dom, 13–16% THC, 65 day harvest
Blue Treacle Auto: no info on website [edit: found another site that calls it a "balanced hybrid" at 15-18% THC]
Blueberry OG Fem Photo: Indica dom
Tangerine Dream Fem Photo: 23% THC
Peyote Critical Fem Photo: 80/20 Indica dom
Triple Cheese Fem Photo: 80/20 Indica dom, 22% THC

That's a shit-ton of Indica dom! My AK better produce well or my wife will not be a happy camper. I've got no auto sativa doms here. Looks like I'll drop the Auto Masszar this weekend and see how it goes!

Narcotic Kush Auto: Indica dom, 22% THC, 60 day harvest (right!)
Amphetamine Auto: Indica dom, 16%TCH, 50 day harvest (really?)
Freebies:
Purple Skunk Mass Auto: Indica dom, 18% THC, 60 day harvest (this is getting a bit absurd, no?)
hahahaa that cracked me up ;)

hey shed ... AK ... shes gonna be a handfull comes stretch ... thats a beast your growing there
Thanks Pt! I'm going to need all the AK buds I can grow because...
the motherload !! good times ahead
I've got enough Indica for years, but not much for daytime/evening/social gatherings. As a matter of fact, I've got no Sativa dominant autos at all any more!
hahahaa that cracked me up ;)
I knew you'd get a kick outta that :).

Oh ok. Thanks Derby :). The Open Sesame is 5-45-19 (powder, making life a bit more difficult!), the Tiger Bloom is 2-8-4, and the cal/mag+ is 4-0-0. I'll have to see what each adds to the TDS and see how much Grow Big I would need. Grow Big is 6-4-4 for reference.
I think and even 1.1.1 is good for week 1 stretch then you can bump the K after stretch and keep N and P at equal ratios (2.2.3)

And bump P after that... a week after the K bump (2.3.3) the nitrogen can basically be cut here too.

** the 2.2.3 and 2.3.3. Are examples only. I'd have to check into feed charts to verify exact suggested ratios **

That's just coming from a 2 time 1 year contest winner....

Also your open sesame can be treated as a 1.9.4 for easier math :cool:

:rollit:
Looking nice and lush!

stay warm yourself man... :volcano-smiley:
I have seen people grow in greenhouses where the temp fluctuates GREATLY......greatly as in highs in the 100-105 range in early fall and night time temps down in the mid 40s. Plants had no issues with the extreme fluctuations in temps. I think they are far more hardy than we give them credit for. I mean look at the places they can grow.

We say, don't let your temps get too high, but this plant grows naturally in Africa where it gets 110 degrees. It grows in the Hindu Kush mountain range so you know it deals with temps much lower than our temps.

I think and even 1.1.1 is good for week 1 stretch then you can bump the K after stretch and keep N and P at equal ratios (2.2.3). And bump P after that... a week after the K bump (2.3.3) the nitrogen can basically be cut here too. [** the 2.2.3 and 2.3.3. Are examples only. I'd have to check into feed charts to verify exact suggested ratios **] That's just coming from a 2 time 1 year contest winner....
Also your open sesame can be treated as a 1.9.4 for easier math :cool:
Thanks Them! I'm okay with lowest common denominators, it's just comparing milliliters to dry measurements doesn't work. Can't multiply everything out and add them up like Dobewan did. I guess adding the Open Sesame is like bumping just the P. Then the Tiger Bloom goes in the following week. When did you start the Terpinator?

I have seen people grow in greenhouses where the temp fluctuates GREATLY......greatly as in highs in the 100-105 range in early fall and night time temps down in the mid 40s. Plants had no issues with the extreme fluctuations in temps. I think they are far more hardy than we give them credit for. I mean look at the places they can grow. We say, don't let your temps get too high, but this plant grows naturally in Africa where it gets 110 degrees. It grows in the Hindu Kush mountain range so you know it deals with temps much lower than our temps.
True dat VS! It was daytime growing temps I was comparing. It's sunlight at 60º or Mars 300 at 70º. I don't worry about the nighttime dark temps outside because they're not out at night until the weather changes.

And though they are hardy plants that will grow in a whole range of climates, we spend so much time and money getting the environment as close to "perfect" as we can. I'm trying to get close to perfect given my crazy growing method!

I'm gonna be honest and say I havent read anything yet, not even sure of your growing medium/ techniques. Ive been reading for what seems like forever already! BUT, I am subbed up and will scan through some things and get caught up. If you don't mind that is! :thumb:

I'm gonna be honest and say I havent read anything yet, not even sure of your growing medium/ techniques. Ive been reading for what seems like forever already! BUT, I am subbed up and will scan through some things and get caught up. If you don't mind that is! :thumb:
Welcome LH! Take your time and you certainly don't need to read more than the first few posts of the beginning. A lot of the early stuff is all about dead clones!

I grow in soil/perlite with mostly FoxFarms nutes. These are my first photo plants and they're all clones except Sour G which was part of a gift from The Rooster.

Those are the basics, so feel free to read back as much as you like whenever you have the time/interest! I've got tutorials in there as well on topical oil and capsule-making so let me know and I can point you to those.

:welcome:

Thanks Them! I'm okay with lowest common denominators, it's just comparing milliliters to dry measurements doesn't work. Can't multiply everything out and add them up like Dobewan did. I guess adding the Open Sesame is like bumping just the P. Then the Tiger Bloom goes in the following week. When did you start the Terpinator?

True dat VS! It was daytime growing temps I was comparing. It's sunlight at 60º or Mars 300 at 70º. I don't worry about the nighttime dark temps outside because they're not out at night until the weather changes.

And though they are hardy plants that will grow in a whole range of climates, we spend so much time and money getting the environment as close to "perfect" as we can. I'm trying to get close to perfect given my crazy growing method!
Hey I get that brother! I try to give my wenches and studs the best environment possible.

I just wanted to throw it out there though for anyone who might be reading it and think their environment isn't suitable for cannabis, especially outdoors. They are really a lot hardier than most new growers realize.

Back
Top Bottom