InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I vote for the re set as well. I decided not to flush and just lower my feed levels. Seems to be working okay. But why risk it. Hose her down!!!!

Based on advice from MadDab, I'm including the ¼ tsp Open Sesame powder as if it were in ml, so ¼ tsp = 1.23 ml, which means the Open Sesame goes in at 6.15-55.35-23.37

So here are the calcs for this nute schedule, which will be the next three or four feeds:
3 ml cal/mag+ = 12-0-0
14.79 ml Grow Big = 88.75-59.2-59.2
2.5 ml Armor Si = 0-0-10
1 ml Open Sesame = 6.15-55.35-23.37
Totals: 106.9-114.55-92.57
Or 1 - 1.1 - 0.9

Isn't that too close to (what I now read are) veg nute ratios to make a difference for the transition to flower? I've lowered the N from the 2-1-1 I was using before, but now I've only raised the P in relation to the N. Will the plant notice that change? Maybe I should double the Open Sesame, which would get me to 113.05-169.9-115.94, or 1.1 - 1.7 - 1.2.

I think either would be good. Ase's feed chart is 1-1-1 for week 1 flower. So maybe the first one there to set them up for what they can expect? I wouldn't go too high on P or K (more of either than N) just yet

I think either would be good. Ase's feed chart is 1-1-1 for week 1 flower. So maybe the first one there to set them up for what they can expect? I wouldn't go too high on P or K (more of either than N) just yet
Thanks Them! I'll stick with the program for the next week. FoxFarms feeding chart starts backing the Grow Big down in the first week of 12/12, and I know they don't aren't counting on me adding cal/mag or silica (more N, more K) so it's likely to be a balancing act. Probably less GrowBig and more Tiger Bloom than they recommend as I go.

Here's the chart with just what I have:

Here's all the stuff they want me to buy!

Is Ase growing in soil or coco, and would that change the ratios?

Can you imagine feeding that whole lineup? That would be so expensive and take a bit more time too. When I was looking at the full AN lineup the only thing I could think was not a freaking chance! Not for now at least.

He grows in Coco
Thanks VS!
Can you imagine feeding that whole lineup? That would be so expensive and take a bit more time too. When I was looking at the full AN lineup the only thing I could think was not a freaking chance! Not for now at least.
IKR! 13 different nutes plus the Sledgehammer flush. I'd need a whole 'nother shed :)

I'm working up a spreadsheet now to see how my nutes calculate out compared to the FoxFarms schedule above.

Hey ITS - for what it's worth I use a really basic calculator for my nutes that looks like this. I never really took the time to turn my spreadsheet into anything other than this simple calculator, but this has been handy for putting together my weekly solution.
Thanks Dobe! That's a hell of a lot simpler than what I put together :rolleyes:. The one I did took the FoxFarms chart and added the supplements I expect to use each week and I calculated the NPK totals and reduced them manually. It's 11 weeks of 10 different ratios!

But you have a target you want to hit and I don't know what I'm doing yet, having only grown autos (which I have nailed down!). Still, I'm in the 1-1-1 range now (a week pre-flip) and I'm heading up to a high of 2-3-3 in week 8. I plan on hitting close to 1300-1500 TDS in the peak of flower including BigBloom (no NPK but high solids) and my water @ 200 TDS. Wish me luck :).

How do you determine what your goal is? Both the GH and AN nutes I have recommend a pretty consistent feeding in each phase. So far, the AN nutes are still putting me at about 450-500TDS at the recommended feed strength, same as the GH! Is my water just 600 Proof? Ha! Plus my Grow nutes are 3-1-3 and the Bloom is 4-3-6. Why more N? The CalMag is 4-0-0. No matter what, there is always more N! WTF? I'm calling them again to see why.

@Ripe1 I feed according to a popular feeding chart among 420mag coco growers - Ase’s feeding schedule found here - Ase's Multi-Strain Quadlining In Coco. I suspect the nutrient companies’ feeding charts are probably geared to sell more nutrients! I just take Ase’s recommendation for the week and formulate a solution that hits his recommended PPM and pH. I deviate here and there, but it’s a good guideline and I would think the underlying concepts of when the plant needs what would apply regardless of medium.

How do you determine what your goal is? Both the GH and AN nutes I have recommend a pretty consistent feeding in each phase. So far, the AN nutes are still putting me at about 450-500TDS at the recommended feed strength, same as the GH! Is my water just 600 Proof? Ha! Plus my Grow nutes are 3-1-3 and the Bloom is 4-3-6. Why more N? The CalMag is 4-0-0. No matter what, there is always more N! WTF? I'm calling them again to see why.
What is the TDS of your tap water? And what number do you want to hit for total feeding? You almost have to work backwards to get the nute ratio you want at the TDS you want, and it seems you would need to be able to mod each N, P, and K individually to get spot on. Look how many nutes Dobewan is blending!

Per @DobeWan recommendation of Ase's feeding schedule, take a look at the options in Ase's lineup!
full

@Ripe1 I feed according to a popular feeding chart among 420mag coco growers - Ase’s feeding schedule found here - Ase's Multi-Strain Quadlining In Coco. I suspect the nutrient companies’ feeding charts are probably geared to sell more nutrients! I just take Ase’s recommendation for the week and formulate a solution that hits his recommended PPM and pH. I deviate here and there, but it’s a good guideline and I would think the underlying concepts of when the plant needs what would apply regardless of medium.
Thanks Dobe! Looks like having separate nutes for each element would be the only way to hit Ase's numbers.

I just called AN and spoke with John. He said that organics behave differently with the meters. He said I'd never hit the 900's with them and that measuring organic nutrients won't be accurate with EC or TDS. Anybody want t take a stab at that? I asked him if there was a more accurate way to tell what is going in there and he said just follow the reccomendations to a T and there is not. I am suspicious. He also didn't try to sell me anything more to get the TDS higher. That is surprising! Essentially, I can't set or reach a TDS goal at any part of my grow. I guess as long as the plants are happy, so am I. I just wat to make sure I am doing the best job I can so ole orange face in DC doesn't fire me too.

I just called AN and spoke with John. He said that organics behave differently with the meters. He said I'd never hit the 900's with them and that measuring organic nutrients won't be accurate with EC or TDS. Anybody want t take a stab at that? I asked him if there was a more accurate way to tell what is going in there and he said just follow the reccomendations to a T and there is not. I am suspicious. He also didn't try to sell me anything more to get the TDS higher. That is surprising! Essentially, I can't set or reach a TDS goal at any part of my grow. I guess as long as the plants are happy, so am I. I just wat to make sure I am doing the best job I can so ole orange face in DC doesn't fire me too.
I'm really not the person to answer this one given my experience with only the nutes I have. But since EC measures the electrical conductivity of the water, perhaps the organic nutes don't raise the salts content in the same way that the inorganics do. Not sure that's always true, as Big Bloom is 100% organic and definitely ups the TDS when I add it last.

The salts were one thing that he mentioned. They still raise the TDS, but not like in-organics do. It kind of throws a wrench in the research I've been doing. I wonder why they don't state that on the bottle or feed charts. I've noticed that both AN and GH don't have PPM or TDS targets listed like FF does. That must be why. I guess I need to start an experiment crop with each seed set I get to see what they can handle. That should be cheap.....pfff!

The salts were one thing that he mentioned. They still raise the TDS, but not like in-organics do. It kind of throws a wrench in the research I've been doing. I wonder why they don't state that on the bottle or feed charts. I've noticed that both AN and GH don't have PPM or TDS targets listed like FF does. That must be why. I guess I need to start an experiment crop with each seed set I get to see what they can handle. That should be cheap.....pfff!
Ase uses the GH line and he has target PPM on his chart, so not sure why you couldn't do the same.

Back
Top Bottom