InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Okay folks, been a while since we've seen plants so here is a Wednesday update! If they look wet, they all got sprayed with 1% citric acid this morning for PM.

Chilly and grey this morning but it should get a bit brighter with a high of 66ºF, so out they came this morning. Solo cups go out first so let's start with the Jack Herer clones:

These were all cut on Oct 9th, but the left one got roots in 19 days and has been planted since the 28th. The other two took a lot longer for roots and got planted earlier this week. I hope to find a home for those two soon!

Moving on to the still-droopy Doug's Varin on day 16:

Not sure why it's not as happy as it was last week, but as long as it's green it's okay by me.

Next up are the Sour G clones that I'm trying to use to make seeds:

The STS one is on flip day 17 and the one for seeds is on flip day 6. From what I can see, the STS is not working:

I hope I get roots on at least one of the clones I took so I can start the process again. I still have some STS makings in the fridge so I would go with a stronger solution next time.

How about the big flowering plants (both on flip day 17), leading off with the rangy Sour G:

And finally, the bushy Jack Herer from @Weed Seeds Express:

Both of these will get a post-stretch measuring and clean-up this weekend.

That's it for me today. I hope to have more time to catch up on the rest of the site, and I hope your week has been treating you well! :ciao:

Quote:

Smort!
They all look beautiful. Always such a picture perfect setting, too!
Mid-November and it's not dead from frost yet? Maybe I should move back east. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Everyone is coming to NJ....join the fun

Good question! Definitely flatter than they used to be.
Hmmm..do you need smaller shoes when the bottoms of your feet flatten?
Not that I have those boots (or skis) anymore. Haven't been on the slopes since 1981. 🤷
That is gravely unfortunate. I haven’t made the best of my ability to go skiing at all in years, either.. not that long though, I was born in 82
And blue to the edge of your hand when you brush the dirt off!
Thats where it's good!! You can feel it on your skin!!
If it wasn't the garden state before you started growing cannabis, it sure is now
Thanks friend...I take that as a very lovely compliment coming from yourself...

Hmmm..do you need smaller shoes when the bottoms of your feet flatten?
Wider at least. Orthotics help as well, especially if the boots have no internal arch support.
not that long though, I was born in 82
I knew you were a youngster from your pic. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thats where it's good!! You can feel it on your skin!!
LOL! But pale blue is not my color.
Thanks friend...I take that as a very lovely compliment coming from yourself...
I know good looking plants when I see them! :Namaste:

Hi Shed, I have some catching up to do but I did promise you that I would post some pics of my lavender cuttings that I rooted in perlite, so here are some healthy roots. I added a few pics to the off-topic gallery with a bit of description. Essentially I prepared the tips with hormone and planted the cuttings in individual perlite containers. I handled the whole thing in a very rudimentary manner, leaving them to do their own thing with the wicking perlite pots in the shade of my September bush, through rain and shine. A month and a bit later I have healthy roots on the one and I presume the others too, judging from the fact that they resist completely when I give them a little yank (terribly scientific ;) I realize). Now I have the pleasure of deciding how to up pot and where to place them.

If this doesn't work out I'm switching to colloidal silver, as @ChefDGreen and @beez0404 have great success with that.
Don't give up just yet....
dropping it into the new 7 gallon GeoPot.
I thought we had weight restrictions,no?
Do you have a lifting belt?
I still have some STS makings in the fridge so I would go with a stronger solution next time.
Yes,this.
I know that Chris has had a lot of success with it, but some varieties are tougher than others. Maybe that's it!
He just tried to reverse a Night Nurse and a MAC V2 and neither had seeds.

I'm using his premixed stuff that he sent. I may do a fresh mix at a different ratio to water.

Good afternoon...

First quotes, then a shout to the October POTM contest sponsors! Later this afternoon I'll break out the plant pics. :)

Hi Shed, I have some catching up to do but I did promise you that I would post some pics of my lavender cuttings that I rooted in perlite, so here are some healthy roots. I added a few pics to the off-topic gallery with a bit of description. Essentially I prepared the tips with hormone and planted the cuttings in individual perlite containers. I handled the whole thing in a very rudimentary manner, leaving them to do their own thing with the wicking perlite pots in the shade of my September bush, through rain and shine. A month and a bit later I have healthy roots on the one and I presume the others too, judging from the fact that they resist completely when I give them a little yank (terribly scientific I realize). Now I have the pleasure of deciding how to up pot and where to place them.
Thanks Carmen! Great looking roots and nicely done leaving them to the elements...prepares them for life in the real world. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Update us after planting so we can see the flowers and the bees!
Don't give up just yet....
Won't. Spraying again tonight!
I thought we had weight restrictions,no? Do you have a lifting belt?
I can't find my weight belt, but almost all my plants end up in 7 gallon GeoPots. It's the 10 gallon ones I don't use anymore!
Yes,this.
I'll check out the video you sent me and see what dilution he uses. Oh wait...here it is:

He says it's colloidal silver but it's actually Silver Thiosulfate (STS).

Part A: 1g Silver Nitrate in 1000 ml of water (.1% solution)
Part B: 5g Sodium Thiosulfate in 1000ml water (.5% solution)
Mix part A into Part B.
Add 2000ml water, which cuts it by 50%.
Add 6-12 drops of dish soap from the container.
Start applying 3 days before flip, and continue every 3 days.

My previous instructions have the same dilution for parts A and B, but then it's mixed down to 10% strength rather than 50% strength. Big difference!

He just tried to reverse a Night Nurse and a MAC V2 and neither had seeds.
I'm using his premixed stuff that he sent. I may do a fresh mix at a different ratio to water.
Good afternoon...
Well next time I try this (on the eventual Sour G clones) I'm going to mix up a stronger batch with the A and B I have left. Thanks for the video and the suggestion for the stronger solution. Onward!

Oh and good afternoon to you too. :hug:

I'd like to showcase the prizes I've received so far from out terrific POTM sponsors, starting with...

420 Magazine: 420 Magazine T-shirt, 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Magazine Magnet & 420 Magazine Stickers and Foods Alive: Organic Toasted Hemp Seeds:

So great to have the T-shirts back in stock again, not to mention the stickers, lighter, and the Foods Alive Hemp Seeds. We pass those along to a very grateful friend of ours every time. :thumb:

Next up is the PerfectPipe: Two Pipe Travel Kit:

Once you get the hang of lighting and smoking with the Perfect Pipe (smoked more like a cigar than a pipe), it is smooth and easy on the throat. It's easy to carry, and you actually get a lot more out of a bowl than you would if you had put it in a regular pipe!

A very heavy box came containing the Blue Planet Nutrients: BlueMax 2-Part, 3.5 oz Easy Weed, 8 oz Cal-Mag Pro Formula. I asked Blue Planet to send me the BlueMax 2-part system since it will work better with my ratio feeding method, and they sent that along with the Easy Weed (for those who like an enormous K boost) and the Calmag Pro (for those who need a serious shot of nitrogen):

It also came with a sticker and an actual glass measuring cup that looks exactly like a shot glass. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And finally for this round, from Cannabis Irrigation Supply: 12 Outlet Manifold Kit for Greenhouse and Hydroponics:

I don't grow in hydro or have an auto-watering system, so I'm looking for someone who can use this. It's a complete set of parts needed for up to 12 containers.

A big :thanks: to all the contest sponsors, and I'll update here as the rest of the prizes arrive.

He says it's colloidal silver but it's actually Silver Thiosulfate (STS).
I was heavily medicated when I watched that vid.
I caught that too but not right away. I watched the intro twice.
My previous instructions have the same dilution for parts A and B, but then it's mixed down to 10% strength rather than 50% strength. Big difference!
That is a big difference!

As far as Buttercup is concerned...mum's the word. At least until after we try the stronger solution. He'll have a harder time arguing against success.
I mentioned watching this video and he about lost his damn mind.

"Who are you learning from, me or some other guy!?!"
Sheesh...

Anyway. I'd test it on a part of the plant and not the whole thing. If you see burning something's up.

Video dude almost guaranteed that it won't burn at that dilution.

He's a card that Chris...oof! I'll test spray a branch 6 days before flip, and if it looks okay do the whole plant 3 days before. It's going to be a while before I have a plant to test it on though if this round doesn't work. No currently rooted Sour G clones. :(
He's somethin'.. :laughtwo: Pure chaos.
Screenshot_20211118-152852.png

Pretty sure he's the last definition.

If my Peppermint Kush sprouts or I get a colorful Blueberry pheno, I could try it too.

Back
Top Bottom