InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Dang Shed your JH1 is the real show stopper here. Didn’t Queen do a song about fat topped girls? She would definitely be the album cover.
I'll second that! :p

Extra jealous of your L.A living haha! I used to live in Vegas always thought I would end up on the west coast. Thennn well then I had to go fall in love and end up in the desolate cold of Wisconsin. Haha I complain even in summer about it being to cold. One day ill get back

Thursday indoor update! It's actually raining here today so I thought I would give a tour of the indoor plants that are not in the tent (which looks about the same as it did here with a little less room).

Starting on the floor and working our way up, here is the Sour G reveg this morning:
This was the one that was supposed to get pollinated with the Sour G pollen from the STS-sprayed-plant-which-didn't-reverse-and-got-tossed.

Does anyone know when it's okay to trim this back? It's got the small reveg leaves coming in through the flowers but I want it about half its size. It needs a root prune as well but that's for later.

Now on to the desk! Busy busy busy:

The Candida on the top left will go into a 1 gallon pot next sunny day and become the new mother plant.

Not having much luck with the perlite Sour G cuttings. Here is one after 38 days:

And the older one after 54 days:

One single eighth inch root. :eek:

Seeking permission from @Virgin Ground to throw these out, especially since this is what the Sour G clones in ProMix HP look like after 34 days:

I'm keeping a mother alive until I hopefully get seeds, and then I'll probably give it away.

Finally, let's check the temperature gauge in the Oval of Brightness® this morning:

That low was last night at lights out and before I turned on the heat, so we're looking good. :thumb:

In case I don't you don't have a chance to stop by again before Saturday, I want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas! If this isn't your holiday, I hope you're having the most wonderful time of the year.

Stay safe and be well all! :peace:

Quotes:
Beautiful peek into the Oval of Brightness®! JH & SG are looking nice and chunky!
Thanks Rex! They're about as chunky as they're gonna get in this weather. :)
Wanted to say how nice your JH and Sour G look! Those colas look so drool worthy! A really nice job with those!!
Thank you Bode!
Dougs Varin is growing like a weed! A little burly. She's looking like she could use a trim. I'm guessing the leaves aren't turning yellow as much. Still looks very healthy!
Since it's stuck in the tent with a light bar above, I've tucked all those big fans down to get the lowers out of the shade. Not a lot of space to bounce the light around in there so I wanted them to be able to see the Mars SP250 directly.
Plants.………shrubs or small trees is what I see. They look great!!
Thanks BigD! They're pretty big and I am really trying to see if I can flip the Doug's Varin before it does the same thing. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Oh no! Ya don’t want any of that in the Oval. Remind me again what you use for PM if ya don’t mind. 1% citric acid solution or something like that?
Sure thing. Here is my recipe, and you can scale it up or down based on how much you need:
5g citric acid
500ml distilled water
10 pipette drops dish soap
Mix well and spray, preferably first thing in the morning before the sun will be on the plant. If not, late in the day so it can evaporate before nightfall but not burn in the heat of the day.
Make sure you get the whole plant as PM can hide between the buds and the branch.

For the record, 10 pipette drops of dish soap works out to a little less than 1ml in 1500ml of water (or .3ml per 500ml). I'd like to get some yucca extract and see how that works in place of the dish soap. Next Amazon order if I remember!

And I'll be testing 2% spray soon to see if it works on PM and aphids, and will be safe for flower. More as it happens.
Me too. Suppose to be in the mid 40*s here tonight, but not to worry, it should be back to daytime highs in the mid to upper 70’s Christmas Day.
70s would be nice here! Maybe we'll get a day like that once in a while, but I'm okay with 60° if the sun's out. :cool:
I think s North America teaching about 6+ hours a day on the solstice is enough to let all know that gardening is a long slow wi yet fix
My DLI this time of year is only 20-25, so the LEDs really are needed to keep the plant moving. That and warmer temps!
Hi, thought I'd share some Viparspectra Love :love: New style light coming in the pipeline they say. Thank you!
Thanks Otter!
Dang Shed your JH1 is the real show stopper here. Didn’t Queen do a song about fat topped girls? She would definitely be the album cover. I‘m throwing you the Green Ribbon & that’s a #1 on my scale of beauty.
LOL :thanks: Nev! I'm going to tack that ribbon up on the bulletin board.
I was thinking WHoo Don't ya'll have palm trees over there in Cal. And that tis what them babys look like Nice !! And i didnt know that leaves turn yellow from lack of N Leant me something , always thought it was just over watering !?!?
Thank you sb! Yellowing across the plant can be from overwatering, but yellowing on the lowers is a sign of nitrogen deficiency. Next watering gets the bump.
I'll second that!
And so you have. Thanks GDB. :)
Extra jealous of your L.A living haha! I used to live in Vegas always thought I would end up on the west coast. Thennn well then I had to go fall in love and end up in the desolate cold of Wisconsin. Haha I complain even in summer about it being to cold. One day ill get back
Well someone has to populate Wisconsin...the cows aren't gonna milk themselves! I moved out here to get out of NY's cold and luckily fell in love with a UK transplant equally as averse to the chill.

If you ever do get to California, stop by and enjoy my great-smelling backyard along with some home grown!

Merry Christmas to you and your fam Shed! :Rasta:

In case I don't you don't have a chance to stop by again before Saturday, I want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas!

That JH is an awesome looking lady, as is the Sour G!
I probably won't be around till after the weekend, so I hope you and yours have a Great Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you and your fam Shed!
Thank you GDB! Here's to a moister Christmas for you and yours. :high-five:
Merry Christmas Shed!...keep Yer' head down, and yer' powder dry, with all this Omicron going on...wishing everyone who passes thru' here the same, and hope everyone has much more pleasant 2022...cheerz... ...h00k...
Thanks h00k! A sunny warm and variant-free new year. :thumb:
Merry Christmas and the Best Holidays to all and to all good cheer!
And to the entire Otter clan!
Merry Christmas shed thanks for all the Info and planting journal this year can't wait to see what you show us next year too!
Thank you Moony! Whatever I'm doing in the cannabis department, it will show up here. :) Merry Christmas to you and your probably shorter family!
That JH is an awesome looking lady, as is the Sour G!
I probably won't be around till after the weekend, so I hope you and yours have a Great Christmas!
Thanks Carcass! I hope it's a joyous holiday with all of the Carcasses near and far. :ciao:
Ladies are looking beautiful Shed. Have a lovely holiday.
Thank yoo Boo, and here's to a new year filled with new beginnings. :love:

I mentioned StankClips® yesterday, so I thought I would show you what they look like in action on the Doug's Varin in case you're unfamiliar with them. I learned this from @Van Stank, and it's a great way start to flatten your top node before the branches are long enough to tie down to the pot:
I like this idea will have to give it a try.

this is what the Sour G clones in ProMix HP look like after 34 days:
With all the problems you had with the Kellogg soil and now failure of the latest cloning in perlite, I think you just need to stick ProMix for everything. It seems that’s the media your most comfortable with and also have the most success with.

Finally, let's check the temperature gauge in the Oval of Brightness® this morning
That’s looking great! Glad to see you got your temps figured out.

One last thing: Merry Christmas Shed!

Highya ITS,

Merry Christmas to you and your family! I hope all of you have a stressfree and fun Christmas season! Happy Smokin'

Okay then, mess cleaned and moving on to plants and relevant quotes for the Wednesday update.

Contrary to the weather report, the sun was out this morning, so all the plants came out, got sprayed, one got watered, and now the clouds are moving in. I'm relying on my family to handle the schlepping based on how chilly it gets. Even some cloud-covered sun can put out good lux.

Let's start with the shed and the Oval of Brightness®. Before the lights come on, I raise them up to prevent burning from both contact (!) and intensity. This is 10" above the canopy and 50M lux at the tops:

Then I checked the temperature range overnight:

Much better, and the low was when I sealed them in, so it probably wasn't even that low. And the heater averaged 242w/hour. I can live with this!

And how about a few outdoor plant pics? Sure, why not.

Jack Herer on flip day 52:

Sour G, also flip day 52:

I sprayed them both down for PM, which has been trying to spread in the sealed Oval these days.

Next up is the Jack Herer 1.1 clone, which got sprayed with neem this morning. It needs a bit of a cleanup!

And finally, the Doug's Varin on day 51, which also got neemed (hence the slightly droopy leaves):

I watered the Candida in the 7 gallon pot (no pic since it looks the same as last time), neemed it, and called it a morning!

I hope your week is going well and that you have Friday off for an easy transition into Christmas/Saturday. Apologies for the sturm und drang this morning, but that's what sometimes happens in a room full of strangers. :peace:

Quotes:

LOL!

It's a rabbit hole that falls outside my interests, but as I said, it's great that there are enough folks around who care to keep track of where all this started.

This is what they have stated here previously:

...with "this" referring to Chocolope and/or Power Plant.

Yeah I've always had my doubt about the accuracy of Leafly's info, but a Cannapedia where anyone can contribute their knowledge to a wiki would be a good thing to have.

What's a book?

Hey mwg! :welcome: to my grow journal...it's nice to see you around these parts. I promise to catch up on your recently discovered thread later today!

I moved from the cold of NYC in 1988 and played a softball game in shorts and a t-shirt my first New Year's Day in Los Angeles. It's hard to complain about 60º days and 40º nights, but I do it anyway. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I also thought of the Kush genetics as falling on the indica side of the fence. Thanks Scotty! :goodluck: on the harvests.
That Jack is getting heavy! :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom