InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Hi Shed! Sorry it’s been so long but good to have some time again. As usual, all I can say is :eek:. Astounding. Those colas are huge for day 35 or 36 since the flip, and oh-so-lovely green and healthy. Always inspiring, always educational. Amazing plants.

[VirginGround...do not read this post. ]

Finally back in some air conditioning so I can get to a Tuesday update! It's been in the mid to upper 90s in my backyard and it was 89º in the house most of the long weekend, so all I did was lie in front of a fan and watch football and football soccer. Didn't even cool down much at night. 😓

We don't have AC but it seems like these heat waves are coming more often and for longer, so next call is to a central AC guy for a bid. 💵

Moving on to plant things, I had the Summer two spend part of the weekend in the shade outside to prevent heat burn like my lemon trees got:

Besides the heat, the big news for the weekend was the caterpillar damage and the appearance of bud rot on both plants. :eek:

It's been about 3 years since I've had either caterpillars or rot so I neglected to pay attention when @Carcass mentioned them after the mating butterflies pic. That would have been the time to spray the BT, but every grow is a learning experience!

The damage isn't huge so far, and this is the most that came off on any of the five days since I started cutting it:

Took off less this morning and tomorrow they'll get another soaking (each plant got 52 ounces of spray) of BT, and I'm hoping it doesn't get worse.

On the plus side, the yellowing seems to have stopped, so let's take a look at them shall we?

Here they are on this morning on flip day 42, starting with the Trainwreck from @Weed Seeds Express:

And the Purple Urkle:

It's only in the mid 80s today, so the plants are in the sun all day. No cooling until Saturday but not much hotter than today either. I'll take it!

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you had a great weekend and a lovely week ahead. :peace:

Quotes:
IKR?
Plants are looking mighty fine. The colas are shaping up to beautiful.
Thanks BL! I wish I had room for a pair of screened plant boxes like yours though. :)
Fly by…
:love:
Hi Amy nice to see you on the wing!
It is isn't it!
This ↑ Also while I have you, are the original green tops on the garlic supposed to die off and grow back? Mine just look dead above ground. :(
Hi Shed! Sorry it’s been so long but good to have some time again. As usual, all I can say is . Astounding. Those colas are huge for day 35 or 36 since the flip, and oh-so-lovely green and healthy. Always inspiring, always educational. Amazing plants.
Thanks Jon! I hope your vacay was spectacular, and I'm looking forward to seeing how your monster auto is doing now that I'm someplace it's under 80º. :)

Beautiful plants Shed. Don't let those long, fat bugs get to them! :green_heart:

Highya ITS,

Gorgeous huge cola buds!! Frost is exceptionallyheavy! Did you do anything particular to get that frost? I hope you have a great week! Happy Smokin'

Beautiful plants Shed. Don't let those long, fat bugs get to them!
Thanks GDB, I'm working on it!
Gorgeous huge cola buds!! Frost is exceptionallyheavy! Did you do anything particular to get that frost? I hope you have a great week! Happy Smokin'
Thank you Bode! I didn't do anything different with these except put them in Happy Frog rather than ProMix, so I'm chalking it up to the genetics and the fact that it's summer.

It's been in the mid to upper 90s in my backyard and it was 89º in the house most of the long weekend, so all I did was lie in front of a fan and watch football and football soccer. Didn't even cool down much at night. 😓
Same heat wave going on here. A friend that lives about 25 miles inland from me saw 114F yesterday! I only saw 106F here. :laughtwo: My plants are hanging in there, but not very happy about the heat. AC was added about 20 years ago -- one of the best purchases I've ever made.
Besides the heat, the big news for the weekend was the caterpillar damage and the appearance of bud rot on both plants. :eek:
:eek: Indeed! I gave my plants a good soaking of BT yesterday. Looks like you caught yours early enough to avoid significant loss. 🤞

They're growing stellarly along Shed!
Thanks Otter!
Consider mini split type ac's if you decide to jump in. We put one in 2 years ago and love it!
Seems like there are a lot more AC options than I thought! Split systems, mini-splits, adding an evaporator to the existing furnace, heat pumps...who knew. :hmmmm:

As long as it ties into the existing ducting I'll look at all options!
Same heat wave going on here. A friend that lives about 25 miles inland from me saw 114F yesterday!
Jesus I would have gone to camp out in the mall. Oy!
I only saw 106F here.
Still on the far side of insane.
AC was added about 20 years ago -- one of the best purchases I've ever made.
What kind did you get?
Indeed! I gave my plants a good soaking of BT yesterday. Looks like you caught yours early enough to avoid significant loss.
Hope so. Killed two this morning before I sprayed. Dunno what it is, but something is completely different about this summer from the last two.

They're growing stellarly along Shed!
:thanks: Otter! I hope to be able to stop picking away at them soon or it will be death by a thousand cuts.
Consider mini split type ac's if you decide to jump in. We put one in 2 years ago and love it! Existing ducts are a big plus!
I'll add mini-split to the list of things to ask the AC guy about, and I can't see adding anything else to the attic or holes in the ceiling since every room has a heat vent in it for the gas furnace. We'll see!

:welcome: to page 1500 of my perpetual journal for the Thursday update, where we take a look at the solo-cup Candida that got root-pruned 13 days ago!

Here are the roots this morning:

Coming along nicely! Here they are side-by-side:

And the SaugaView® :

They're pretty evenly matched though the unpruned one does seem to have more top growth. Not surprising since the other one has to spend its time below the surface. Still, I'd call the root pruning a complete success!

That's it from me today. Thanks for visiting, whether you've been here from page 1 in October of 2017, are a new subscriber, or anything in between! :ciao:

[I just checked...none of the folks on page 1 are on the site anymore. :cheesygrinsmiley: ]

Back
Top Bottom