InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I think you can get away with longer periods to drain the reservoir after the roots have converted but I'll bet you never quite got there.
I definitely didn't get somewhere that's for sure! I'll go with what should have been done the first time and just top water while some runs into the res for a week and then make the call. Thanks for your help Azi!
When I set up my SIPs I slowly drenched the soil from above - to the point where the reservoir overflowed. Started them out with totally wet soil. It took 4 days before I needed to add water. After about 8 days - WHAMMO! - the roots found the fountain and started chugging.
WHAMMO is right with yours Grateful! :welldone:
I'm perplexed by your plant, Shed. It should have taken off by now.
Instead it looks like an overwatered plant. Strange.
Did you put a lot of perlite in with the soil - especially at the bottom?
I think the SIP soil is close to 40% perlite as ResDog recommends all the time in the SIP thread. It really is a mystery, but as Carmen mentions below, the roots might tell the tale:
Oh no! I'd be panicking a bit and would pull it and repot it sooner and do a SIP experiment with a different plant later, maybe starting it on sub-irrigation from birth. It doesn't look like it's heading for improvement to my eyes. Repotting will also give you a chance to see if there are any issues in the roots.
I will be very interested in seeing the roots if I do have to move it! I'm not panicking yet because I've had plants look a lot worse than this (my Le Creme CBG comes to mind, and that was in flower!). As long as it doesn't look like it's dying I figure I can save it somehow. Hope springs eternal. :)

My next SIP will be sub-irrigated from birth fo sho!

I definitely didn't get somewhere that's for sure! I'll go with what should have been done the first time and just top water while some runs into the res for a week and then make the call. Thanks for your help Azi!

WHAMMO is right with yours Grateful! :welldone:

I think the SIP soil is close to 40% perlite as ResDog recommends all the time in the SIP thread. It really is a mystery, but as Carmen mentions below, the roots might tell the tale:

I will be very interested in seeing the roots if I do have to move it! I'm not panicking yet because I've had plants look a lot worse than this (my Le Creme CBG comes to mind, and that was in flower!). As long as it doesn't look like it's dying I figure I can save it somehow. Hope springs eternal. :)

My next SIP will be sub-irrigated from birth fo sho!
The Shedster can do it , saving 🦸plants from coast to coast n everywhere in between. lol CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

oof!
Well, hell- she just doesn't care for the SIP, evidently...
Maybe it's genetic- and that's just how that one is..?
That’s also the thought of a non-SIP guy. That one just seems to not like it. Shed has done everything right, as far as my understanding goes. I like his idea of putting her in a Geopot and going straight with her. I think she’d perk right up. This just looks for all the world like an overwatered plant.

Maybe it's genetic- and that's just how that one is..?
Dunno - its just a plant. It needs 4-5 things. Nit like your vegetarian, gluten intolerant, no fruit friend!
I'll go with what should have been done the first time and just top water while some runs into the res for a week and then make the call.
Yeah / maybe you missed that initial boost to sub irrigation roots. I’m not sure soaking it was a great idea. I just feel like dry up top gives you the differing pressures (wet to dry) to encourage that bottom to top flow of food.
Hope springs eternal. :)
Hey - you shpuld see what happened to my outdoor plant last night in a storm 😂
That’s also the thought of a non-SIP guy.
I’m with Azi I think. Its not strain related.

For me more holes in the res and don’t charge the medium beforehand.

I hust don’t see strain related you coach the root style.

I’d dry it out and “short” water from the top two days. 200% I’d be spooning Dynomyco in the feed at this point but into the res feed,

Nick

It's the Saturday night 5 Killer Cookies flip update!

Friday was day 60 for this SWICK-from-the start plant and it was definitely big enough to flower, so last night I put it in the shed and hooked up the timer for 8pm to 8am darkness.

Here it was on its last veg day:

I tied it in so now it's about 32" square:

And for @BeezLuiz' spreadsheet, I'm calling it 28" at the top before stretch:

And here it was this afternoon after the marine layer moved in, so you can see it without the harsh shadows:

I'd like to point out that the top leaves on this one are pretty wrinkled as well, but the rest of the plant isn't droopy and the leaves look normal after they grow out. Interesting or nah?

Anyway, that's it from me. I hope your weekend is going well, and we spent the day car shopping for the lad!

Quotes:
Yeah / maybe you missed that initial boost to sub irrigation roots. I’m not sure soaking it was a great idea. I just feel like dry up top gives you the differing pressures (wet to dry) to encourage that bottom to top flow of food.
Top watering after moving from a regular pot to a SIP is standard operating procedure.
Hey - you shpuld see what happened to my outdoor plant last night in a storm
Didn't snap it in half? Tell that monsoon to do better next time!
I’m with Azi I think. Its not strain related.
For me more holes in the res and don’t charge the medium beforehand.
I hust don’t see strain related you coach the root style.
I’d dry it out and “short” water from the top two days. 200%
I've been watering it like a regular pot the last few days, ending up with about an inch of water in the res when it's done. We'll see.
I’d be spooning Dynomyco in the feed at this point but into the res feed,
Dynomyco isn't water soluble so it will just sit on top. Great White is though and I have a 5-year-old jar of that somewhere!

Thanks Carmen! You're the only Car I've decided on so far :) , but we've narrowed the choices down. Now we have to weigh new against used, features and warranties against cost. We're definitely getting closer!
Just putting this out there but I’ve owned 2 now ,Hyundai’s and they have been wonderful but they also have the best warranty in the business. CL🍀 Edit: btw your girl’s are looking 👀 great 👍 but I would expect nothing less from the Shedster. lol CL🍀. :thumb: :ciao:

It's the Saturday night 5 Killer Cookies flip update!

Friday was day 60 for this SWICK-from-the start plant and it was definitely big enough to flower, so last night I put it in the shed and hooked up the timer for 8pm to 8am darkness.

Here it was on its last veg day:

I tied it in so now it's about 32" square:

And for @BeezLuiz' spreadsheet, I'm calling it 28" at the top before stretch:

And here it was this afternoon after the marine layer moved in, so you can see it without the harsh shadows:

I'd like to point out that the top leaves on this one are pretty wrinkled as well, but the rest of the plant isn't droopy and the leaves look normal after they grow out. Interesting or nah?

Anyway, that's it from me. I hope your weekend is going well, and we spent the day car shopping for the lad!

Quotes:

Top watering after moving from a regular pot to a SIP is standard operating procedure.

Didn't snap it in half? Tell that monsoon to do better next time!

I've been watering it like a regular pot the last few days, ending up with about an inch of water in the res when it's done. We'll see.

Dynomyco isn't water soluble so it will just sit on top. Great White is though and I have a 5-year-old jar of that somewhere!
Damn she is huge and beautiful! As far as the wrinkled leaves - yes, sort of interesting - all I see is a healthy plant that’s exactly the right color green. What happens in the SWICK when the roots outgrow the bucket? They’re probably pretty full now and you have 70-90 days yet!!!

Back
Top Bottom