InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I hope so because this morning I threw a needle nose pliers at it!

And so, for the Monday update, I supercropped the 5 Killer Cookies because it was getting a bit too wide before I flip it, probably on Friday night (day 60). It's still drinking a gallon a day of week-4 Prescription Blend nutrients.

I decided to read up on supercropping, and found a cool thread that explains different methods of supercropping, for reasons other than keeping branches from getting too close to the light. It's here:

I decided to crop some sideways and some inward, depending on what was going on underneath where the top would end up after the bend, and I needed the pliers (wrapped in electrical tape to soften the blow) because without Nebraska man hands there was no way I could smoosh these branches manually:

Even with the cushioning on the pliers, this branch split across the back:

I wrapped it in electrical tape and will leave it there while it heals. The next one took the bend just fine:

I did a total of four, and tied them in place to the bamboo on the opposite side of the plant:

Tomorrow morning I'll trim off all the undergrowth that's now covered by the new placement of the tops.

Finally, I killed a caterpillar that was noshing on one of my Le Creme CBG clones:

This is a reminder to start with the BT spray in a few weeks to stop them from settling in my flowers! "Hey Google, set reminder for July 9th..."

I hope your Monday is off to a great start!

Quotes:

Thanks GDB!

Go figure! But whatever it is that's bugging the GM, after seeing the 5KC do so well bottom-watered from the start I think I'll completely skip top watering if the plant will end up bottom-watered later.

I appreciate your faith in me. Thanks Otter!
what u usually do with this? n my experience it has always healed itself.

20230626_083859 5KC supercrop day 56.jpg

Thanks Mark, sure am! I've been hitting them with neem every 4 days at this point and I'll start killing caterpillars (with BT spray) as we get deeper into summer. I'm not bringing a knife to a gunfight!
You're welcome brother! I'm only laughing because last year my tomato plants had a reckoning with cutworms one night I went to bed beautiful lush whole plant leaves all green woke up went outside bro I shit you not this plant was 3 ft tall and there wasn't nothing but one damn leaf left on it! And that was just overnight...

I just taped it up to keep anything from getting into the split. That kind of damage isn't structural so I'll take the tape off in a few days after it's knuckled up.
Hell yeah. I guess I don't have to worry about anything getting in mind figuring I've been an indoor.. only thing I ever did to mine was an extreme case was Elmer's glue which you taught me and that worked rather well. I wish I could get some knots like I had on broken ass you remember that knot was as big as round as a freaking golf ball. Lmao 🤣 I remember it well I named it saurins eye from Lord of the rings cuz it just look like that.. lmao

You're welcome brother! I'm only laughing because last year my tomato plants had a reckoning with cutworms one night I went to bed beautiful lush whole plant leaves all green woke up went outside bro I shit you not this plant was 3 ft tall and there wasn't nothing but one damn leaf left on it! And that was just overnight...
Oof! I haven't seen those in potted plants, only in garden soil so with a bit of luck that's a fate I won't suffer. :thumb:
I wish I could get some knots like I had on broken ass
Heck you named the plant after that one knot!

Oof! I haven't seen those in potted plants, only in garden soil so with a bit of luck that's a fate I won't suffer. :thumb:

Heck you named the plant after that one knot!
That's right right where I broke her ass! Man it's a shame that strain kept Hermieng. I can't remember if I posted it anywhere or not but I was thinking about trying another seed or two and getting a female I could put it in my little veg tan when he gets old enough at least five or six nodes I can put a bag over one of his branches and sex it give it less light than with the rest of it's getting. I've done that many a times with a black plastic bag is wrapped it over one single Branch top as a don't take long and you'll start seeing a sex on it. But the rest of the plant will still be getting normal light and therefore growing normally kind of weird. But funny looking. At least you'll know what that plan is without missing the whole damn thing up and then reveging it.

That's right right where I broke her ass! Man it's a shame that strain kept Hermieng. I can't remember if I posted it anywhere or not but I was thinking about trying another seed or two and getting a female I could put it in my little veg tan when he gets old enough at least five or six nodes I can put a bag over one of his branches and sex it give it less light than with the rest of it's getting. I've done that many a times with a black plastic bag is wrapped it over one single Branch top as a don't take long and you'll start seeing a sex on it. But the rest of the plant will still be getting normal light and therefore growing normally kind of weird. But funny looking. At least you'll know what that plan is without missing the whole damn thing up and then reveging it.
Wow, this is amazing. I've been following others who are experimenting with early sexing by light deprivation but they are doing the whole plant and you are successful with one branch! Do you have any pics of your process by any chance? How does that actually work?

Wow, this is amazing. I've been following others who are experimenting with early sexing by light deprivation but they are doing the whole plant and you are successful with one branch! Do you have any pics of your process by any chance? How does that actually work?
sadly no pics but will do it with pizookies i will keep you updated with pics.

Thursday update of the non-progress on Grandpa's Moonshine (day 59) in the SIP. Per @Azimuth and @Carcass' suggestion, I let it dry out to see if it would lose the wrinkled over-watered look. The res ran dry on Saturday, so it's been living on whatever water was in the soil since then. Today it still looked like this:

Wrinkly droopy leaves:

Dying lower fans:

The pot is exceptionally light and when I stuck my finger about 6 or 7 inches into the soil it was dry as bone. I decided that was long enough to let it go and top watered it, slowly at first because it was really hydrophobic, and ended up giving it just under a gallon. The res was about 1" full afterward so that doesn't seem like a drowning risk.

If I can't turn it around by the end of next week I'm going to pull it out of the bucket and move it into a 7 gallon GeoPot. We'll see. :hmmmm:

Tomorrow I'll put up some pre-flip pics of the 5 Killer Cookies and get measurements for @BeezLuiz!

Thanks for stopping by. :ciao:

Today it still looked like this:
oof!
Well, hell- she just doesn't care for the SIP, evidently...
Maybe it's genetic- and that's just how that one is..?

No one knows...I think this is the first GM to be sprouted!
I have some extra material to make a SIP like mine if you want it. Not sure that will help but I can run it down to you if you want to try a different style bucket.

If the roots were that wet for so long you might have some damaged roots down low that will take a few cycles to repair. I think you did the right thing with your limited watering, leaving just a little in the reservoir.

Before letting it go dry for a period, was it emptying the reservoir every couple of days or did the water in there last longer than that?

If the roots were that wet for so long you might have some damaged roots down low that will take a few cycles to repair. I think you did the right thing with your limited watering, leaving just a little in the reservoir.

Before letting it go dry for a period, was it emptying the reservoir every couple of days or did the water in there last longer than that?
After transplant the reservoir would definitely need to be refilled but it wasn't every couple of days, more like 3 or 4. I'll stick with this watering plan for a week and water the way I usually would, based on the weight of the pot. Maybe that will turn it around!

After transplant the reservoir would definitely need to be refilled but it wasn't every couple of days, more like 3 or 4. I'll stick with this watering plan for a week and water the way I usually would, based on the weight of the pot. Maybe that will turn it around!

I think you can get away with longer periods to drain the reservoir after the roots have converted but I'll bet you never quite got there.
When I set up my SIPs I slowly drenched the soil from above - to the point where the reservoir overflowed. Started them out with totally wet soil. It took 4 days before I needed to add water. After about 8 days - WHAMMO! - the roots found the fountain and started chugging.

I'm perplexed by your plant, Shed. It should have taken off by now.
Instead it looks like an overwatered plant. Strange.
Did you put a lot of perlite in with the soil - especially at the bottom?

Oh no! I'd be panicking a bit and would pull it and repot it sooner and do a SIP experiment with a different plant later, maybe starting it on sub-irrigation from birth. It doesn't look like it's heading for improvement to my eyes :( Repotting will also give you a chance to see if there are any issues in the roots.

Back
Top Bottom