InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

It's the Saturday night 5 Killer Cookies flip update!

Friday was day 60 for this SWICK-from-the start plant and it was definitely big enough to flower, so last night I put it in the shed and hooked up the timer for 8pm to 8am darkness.

Here it was on its last veg day:

I tied it in so now it's about 32" square:

And for @BeezLuiz' spreadsheet, I'm calling it 28" at the top before stretch:

And here it was this afternoon after the marine layer moved in, so you can see it without the harsh shadows:

I'd like to point out that the top leaves on this one are pretty wrinkled as well, but the rest of the plant isn't droopy and the leaves look normal after they grow out. Interesting or nah?

Anyway, that's it from me. I hope your weekend is going well, and we spent the day car shopping for the lad!

Quotes:

Top watering after moving from a regular pot to a SIP is standard operating procedure.

Didn't snap it in half? Tell that monsoon to do better next time!

I've been watering it like a regular pot the last few days, ending up with about an inch of water in the res when it's done. We'll see.

Dynomyco isn't water soluble so it will just sit on top. Great White is though and I have a 5-year-old jar of that somewhere!
nice! my leaves does the same thing.

It's the Saturday night 5 Killer Cookies flip update!

Friday was day 60 for this SWICK-from-the start plant and it was definitely big enough to flower, so last night I put it in the shed and hooked up the timer for 8pm to 8am darkness.

Here it was on its last veg day:

I tied it in so now it's about 32" square:

And for @BeezLuiz' spreadsheet, I'm calling it 28" at the top before stretch:

And here it was this afternoon after the marine layer moved in, so you can see it without the harsh shadows:

I'd like to point out that the top leaves on this one are pretty wrinkled as well, but the rest of the plant isn't droopy and the leaves look normal after they grow out. Interesting or nah?

Anyway, that's it from me. I hope your weekend is going well, and we spent the day car shopping for the lad!

Quotes:

Top watering after moving from a regular pot to a SIP is standard operating procedure.

Didn't snap it in half? Tell that monsoon to do better next time!

I've been watering it like a regular pot the last few days, ending up with about an inch of water in the res when it's done. We'll see.

Dynomyco isn't water soluble so it will just sit on top. Great White is though and I have a 5-year-old jar of that somewhere!
Plants are looking good happy car hunting

If you missed the 5KC flip pics they're here!

The 5 Killer Cookies is looking healthy and well Shed, I'm envious of her basking in that nice sunshine but glad you've got it!
Thanks Stunger! I'm happy to provide all the vicariousness you need. :thumb:
I thought the two plants shared the indoor space. Where does the GM go when the other is in darkness, or do you just leave it outside earlier/longer while it's still in veg?
If I left the GM out it would flower, so it goes in the tent in the house under the Mars Hydro SP 250.

5 Killer Cookies:

20230702_083616.jpg

Grandpa's Moonshine:

20230702_083903.jpg

The shed is wider and the 5KC won't fit in the tent!
What is it about wrinkled leaves? Is it that they are expanding and it's their way of safely doing it and growing into the size?
Dunno Otter, they come out wrinkled and then flatten out as they grow. As long as the plant looks happy I'm happy!
Just putting this out there but I’ve owned 2 now ,Hyundai’s and they have been wonderful but they also have the best warranty in the business. CL Edit: btw your girl’s are looking great but I would expect nothing less from the Shedster. lol CL
Thanks Captain! My daughter has a 2014 Elantra that she likes, but my son was not happy with the drive of the newer ones so that dropped off the list. We're in the Kia Forte/Subaru Impreza zone now.
Damn she is huge and beautiful! As far as the wrinkled leaves - yes, sort of interesting - all I see is a healthy plant that’s exactly the right color green.
Thanks Jon! I'm going with that.
What happens in the SWICK when the roots outgrow the bucket? They’re probably pretty full now and you have 70-90 days yet!!!
I'd say the roots have already filled the perlite res so the best I can do is keep refilling it.
I know you will be happy he gets a car , i was thinking that 5 hr. drive to school or did he finish ? Hope things go well in flower also , Happy Sunday
He's still got another year left and is really looking forward to having a car there, though maybe not the drive up. Happy Sunday sb!
Shed I think your plant is perfect and it looks healthy to me, you have some nice size to it. You are very good at what you do. It is always a pleasure to see your plants.
Thanks Keith!
nice! my leaves does the same thing.
And yours are looking fine!
Plants are looking good happy car hunting
Thanks con!

If I left the GM out it would flower, so it goes in the tent in the house under the Mars Hydro SP 250.

5 Killer Cookies:

20230702_083616.jpg

Grandpa's Moonshine:

20230702_083903.jpg

Dunno Otter, they come out wrinkled and then flatten out as they grow. As long as the plant looks happy I'm happy!

Thanks Captain! My daughter has a 2014 Elantra that she likes, but my son was not happy with the drive of the newer ones so that dropped off the list. We're in the Kia Forte/Subaru Impreza zone now.

I'd say the roots have already filled the perlite res so the best I can do is keep refilling it.

He's still got another year left and is really looking forward to having a car there, though maybe not the drive up. Happy Sunday sb!

Thanks Keith!

Thanks con!
damn that light is close! wow

20230702_083616.jpg

5 Killer Cookies:

20230702_083616.jpg

Grandpa's Moonshine:

20230702_083903.jpg

Thanks Keith!

Thanks con!
Kia has came a long way since first starting. I was hesitant about buying one @ first but I wouldn’t hesitate buying one now. But everyone that has a Subaru I know wouldn’t buy anything else. Both great cars and I think he’s going to have years of trouble free ownership from either one. CL🍀

Hey Shed (or anyone else), do you know the name of the landrace thread? I've seen it pop up from time to time but for the life of me can't seem to find it in my searches.

They discuss trying to preserve the oldest strains by acquiring original genetics and making seeds to keep them going.

Thanks.

Edit: Never mind, @Chuckeye found it. Apologies for the interruption.

We're in the Kia Forte/Subaru Impreza zone now.
For a guy of a certain age you read that you think of only one car! 😂

Not sure it was sold in North America.

Generous Dad!

Plants look bushy tailed and bright (emerald) eyed!

Nick

Jumping in... up scope... Battered but still alive.

amiga_1.jpg

And how are all the shedsters and gangster bitches doing nowadays? 🤣

It's been toowoomba long since i put my nose in this stinky place. Sorry for the absence guys and gals... but it's been tough times, for all of us... ❤️
Sniff sniff I smell weed...cRaZy Weed! Hey Brother! Long time! How you been? Growing anything?

Back from the local Fourth of July Parade and heading to a barbecue, but I wanted to get to the quotes and wish all our American Cousins a safe and sane Independence Day! 🎆 🎇 🇺🇸

damn that light is close! wow
Sure is! But it's 150 watts spread gently across 13 bars so no single strip is very intense. It's about 24,000 lux on that branch, and the light is only on over the plant for a few hours a day. It's mostly on just to keep an even 12/12.
Kia has came a long way since first starting. I was hesitant about buying one @ first but I wouldn’t hesitate buying one now. But everyone that has a Subaru I know wouldn’t buy anything else. Both great cars and I think he’s going to have years of trouble free ownership from either one. CL🍀
Kia Forte was the decision, and the dealer made us an offer we couldn't refuse: the new one for $1400 more than the used one. The kid is thrilled to bits and very grateful. So grateful he's kicking in that difference along with the price of the extended warranty!
Edit: Never mind, @Chuckeye found it. Apologies for the interruption.
No worries Azi, but wouldn't have been so awful to drop the link here since you brought it up. ;)
For a guy of a certain age you read that you think of only one car!
Not sure it was sold in North America.
Generous Dad!
Plants look bushy tailed and bright (emerald) eyed!
Thanks Nick! Sorry, no reference to that car for me.
Jumping in... up scope... Battered but still alive.
And how are all the shedsters and gangster bitches doing nowadays?
It's been toowoomba long since i put my nose in this stinky place. Sorry for the absence guys and gals... but it's been tough times, for all of us... ❤️
Damn CraZy, :welcome: back! No time to chat but I definitely want to catch up later.
Lol nooo no no nothing illegal anyway. Was hoping for some smoking tobacco plants from a farmer friend though...
Nothing exciting going on here just chasing rare metamorphic rocks and gems through a trail of mercury iodide.... in my parents backyard
Sorry to hear you're not growing but I hope things are okay with your health, along with your brother, folks, and the gang back at the water plant!

Catch y'all later... :party:

Yeah, Kia has a great base warranty and you get a lot of car for the money.

Brother Shed, plants are looking great and I was catching up and caught your SIP tutorial a few weeks back. Very nice job! :thumb:

Like you said, everyone has a different way of doing things, so you may already be aware of these couple of tips, but in case it helps anyone...

First, instead of the duct tape, I used to use some plastic spray paint and just give it a couple of quick coats on the outside. It takes a lot less time than wrapping the bucket but I haven't done any cost comparisons and I don't know how many 5-gallon buckets you'd be able to cover with a can.

Next, I'm not sure what type of cement you were using to attach/seal but, when I was doing hydro, my preferred way was using fish tank sealant which won't leach any toxic chemicals into the medium.

:Namaste:

First, instead of the duct tape, I used to use some plastic spray paint and just give it a couple of quick coats on the outside. It takes a lot less time than wrapping the bucket but I haven't done any cost comparisons and I don't know how many 5-gallon buckets you'd be able to cover with a can.

I have 4 orange 5 gal buckets that I painted black with plastic spray paint. I found that it doesn't adhere well and scratches off easily. At first I thought it may be left over mold release on the plastic that was keeping it from bonding. I wiped everything down well with rubbing alcohol and tried again. Didn't make a difference. Ended up ordering a 10 pack of black buckets from the same store I got the orange "Homer" buckets since they don't carry the black ones in their stores. The cost was cheaper ordering the black ones than painting the orange ones. I think I only got a bucket and a half out of a can of paint.

Back
Top Bottom