InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Damn that N went straight up top and even the buds took a hit ... Well after checking back and seeing were this yellowing started you can get an answer , I know at one time you had problems getting Promix blend , seem during the Pandamit .
Pandamit, I'm gonna use that!

Good memory...the ProMix I ended up with was expired and I thought that was the reason for my yellowing troubles, but now in soil it's the same thing, and in perlite as well. I hope to get to the bottom of it eventually!
Dang, Shed, that's a head scratcher It seems like it's something besides what you're feeding it to be causing all that yellowing. What happens when the plant goes inside for the night? How many hours is it outside vs inside?
The plants are inside for 12-12½ hours of darkness until I bring them out in the morning. They're either in the shed or in the tent.

Maybe they want a lot less potassium and it's locking out nitrogen? @farside05 is going to run a muck lower K ratio to see how his test subjects do so we'll see on that.
Wow, that's is an amazing turn-around for GM!
IKR? How many weeks until the yellowing starts on that one. ;)

Actually I just mixed up a batch for the GM at 157-?-157 so maybe I won't go any higher than that.
:laugh:

I hate it when I’m 6 pages behind here….
:ciao: Jump in any time...says to right on the door!
Two things: I can’t remember who suggested this (maybe Amy?), but I found putting ice on the top of the soil was helpful for a slow cool down of the roots;
I'm not watering the soil in the SWICK because there don't seem to be any working roots in there. My guess is they're all in the perlite reservoir, which is what I'm trying to keep cool.
and thing 2…have thought about seeing if she’s rootbound? That’s exactly what happens to me with big girls in small buckets. Just a thought.
It might be rootbound given that the entire working root structure for that big plant is in the lower 8-10" below the soil, but I won't know that until I harvest and take the buckets apart. But as a general reason for the yellowing you raise a very interesting point related to what @smokesbetter was talking about: could this yellow in flower thing have started when I went from 10 gallon pots to 7s?

I hope to be able to have time to track all the way back and do a timeline of plants halfway into flower and see if I can at least get an idea of when it started. :hmmmm:

My two baby SIPs are the ones struggling most with heat stress at the moment. (HPS/CMH lighting - am idiot) I have comparison plants for each of them. The airpots seem fine.

I’m blaming the res getting too warm in addition to the direct heat from the lights. The tops are clawed - ok I get that its hot and dry AF in there and mitigations are being arranged. But lower down they’e beginning to yellow as well now. Drinking a shade less than they were. The airpot equivalents are fine. Same strains n all.

Alternatively they’re root bound and with a smaller amount of grow medium to account for the res they just hit there before the airpot versions.

Its a big concern for super sizing a SIP outdoors in a tropical climate anyway.

Nick

Evening all! Seems I've fallen a bit behind again so let me start catching up right here in my thread with a Saturday update. :ciao:

People keep asking me, where's your Grandpa's Moonshine? Okay, only Carmen, but that's reason enough to post some pics, starting with pistils that I probably missed on flip day 9, so here they are on flip day 10:

And moving on to today (flip day 12), in the tent this morning:

Since I didn't strip it before I flipped, I thought I should at least take off the unwanted lower branches (and leave the fans so they can fall off later) rather than wait for 21 days for stretch to be over. Here is the before and after thinning pic:

And here's what came off:

While we're checking out the Summer grow, here is the 5 Killer Cookies on flip day 42:

It's kinda pale but it's losing leaves at a slightly lower rate, so that's good! Also, I had to tighten it up to keep it from scraping the walls of the Oval of Brightness® in the shed, so that's why it looks a bit smaller than in the past pics. I even had to rope a big bamboo extension to the outside of the top bucket so I could tie up the trunk. With the roots concentrated at the bottom I didn't want it pulling out of the soil. :eek:

Here are some cola shots with that weighted gangsta lean:

Finally, I replaced the fixed fan that was attached to the light in the shed (for air up top) with the nifty oscillating @VIVOSUN fan that I won earlier this year.

Definitely an upgrade!

I had to use the clip from the old fan to get it to attach to the strip light but the parts were easily interchangeable. :thumb:

Anyway, that's it from me, and thanks for stopping by! :peace:

Quote:
I’m blaming the res getting too warm in addition to the direct heat from the lights.
Silly tube lights!
There she is!
In here you are Jay, no question... I'm just CraZy... I promote your next Journal to be named "Sheds Night Show, with sideshow plants"
Har thanks CraZy! As long as all my guests on the show are the folks from here. :green_heart:

Thank you Shed. They are lovely. those enormous colas on the 5KC and the start of flower on the Grandpas Moonshine. I like how you've displayed the trimmings. It gives me a better idea of what you are taking off.

Evening all! Seems I've fallen a bit behind again so let me start catching up right here in my thread with a Saturday update. :ciao:

People keep asking me, where's your Grandpa's Moonshine? Okay, only Carmen, but that's reason enough to post some pics, starting with pistils that I probably missed on flip day 9, so here they are on flip day 10:

And moving on to today (flip day 12), in the tent this morning:

Since I didn't strip it before I flipped, I thought I should at least take off the unwanted lower branches (and leave the fans so they can fall off later) rather than wait for 21 days for stretch to be over. Here is the before and after thinning pic:

And here's what came off:

While we're checking out the Summer grow, here is the 5 Killer Cookies on flip day 42:

It's kinda pale but it's losing leaves at a slightly lower rate, so that's good! Also, I had to tighten it up to keep it from scraping the walls of the Oval of Brightness® in the shed, so that's why it looks a bit smaller than in the past pics. I even had to rope a big bamboo extension to the outside of the top bucket so I could tie up the trunk. With the roots concentrated at the bottom I didn't want it pulling out of the soil. :eek:

Here are some cola shots with that weighted gangsta lean:

Finally, I replaced the fixed fan that was attached to the light in the shed (for air up top) with the nifty oscillating @VIVOSUN fan that I won earlier this year.

Definitely an upgrade!

I had to use the clip from the old fan to get it to attach to the strip light but the parts were easily interchangeable. :thumb:

Anyway, that's it from me, and thanks for stopping by! :peace:

Quote:

Silly tube lights!

There she is!

Har thanks CraZy! As long as all my guests on the show are the folks from here. :green_heart:
Nifty upgrade lol CL🍀

That 5KC looks heavy! (It also looks like a plant that just got out of the shower, with that towel wrapped around its waist!)

And Grandpa is definitely more pleased with the "old-school" grow method. Figures. :)

Thank you Shed. They are lovely. those enormous colas on the 5KC and the start of flower on the Grandpas Moonshine. I like how you've displayed the trimmings. It gives me a better idea of what you are taking off.
Thanks Carmen, and I was thinking that it might be helpful but on a larger scale.
Nifty upgrade lol CL🍀
Har!
That 5KC looks heavy! (It also looks like a plant that just got out of the shower, with that towel wrapped around its waist!)
LOLOL thanks GDB!
And Grandpa is definitely more pleased with the "old-school" grow method. Figures.
I'm beginning to think I am too. :)
Your an inspiration Shed! Beautiful work trimming up! I just had to follow your lead and treat my tent to a nice trim too! A Shedding they will go! Some Killer colas on killer cookies!
Thank you Otter! I'm sure there will be more to take off in a couple of weeks, and I'm hoping whatever it making the 5KC look a little pale doesn't also keep it from packing on some more weight over the next 3 weeks or so.
It had to take a shower, cause it was stink'n up the whole shed.
LOL the whole backyard actually! :high-five:

1692034415400.jpeg

What’s the temp on that sunny side showing with that temp gun . It’s been 105-107 f according to the weather station but my outside temperature was 111-114 so I went and bought a new one and it shows the same . @StoneOtter was right it’s showing a north wind this afternoon , heaven help us how about some rain .

Back
Top Bottom