04/14/2014
DSCN09437.JPG
DSCN09457.JPG
DSCN09465.JPG
DSCN09485.JPG

Jandre2k3’s Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 1

Testing:

04/14/2014
From what I can tell, The T5 and LED vegging are right on par with each other. If these were to be compared only to that, I would say that LED's are the most expensive veg option to date... but these don't just do veg... I won't have to switch out lights for a whole different setup! I just do a little programming, and VOILA! Gas Lantern Routine!! A little more and flower mode! Actually, looking at the progress we're making, I think we shall be ready for GLR in a week- maybe two. Gonna do some trimming and stem work to make the canopy even, then switch over to GLR.

After that, I'm looking for some REAL height... then... Flower POWER!

Your grow is looking great Jandre!!!! the Intelligent Gro lights are rocking my tent right now. Went on a week long trip and came back to some monsters :) looks almost like the I-gro lights are creating slightly tighter node growth than your T5 lights! Awesome comparison you are doing!

What nutrients are you feeding your plants and how many millilitres per gallon? Are you also using a calcium and magnesium supplement?

AS I am not using RO water, Cal/Mag is not needed, and I cannot name the nutrient system here, it will get censored automatically by the watchdog system... But it rhymes with SHlue Shlanet Shlutrients and I am on the Veg2 Cycle until Saturday. Then, both MK2(The T5/HPS counterpart to this test) and this box will get a haircut, and go into Crazy Growth nutes, and GLR lighting.

Not SHlue Shlanet Shlutrients anything but SHlue Shlanet Shlutrients . I want to know that story so badly. Sigh everything happens before or after I arrived or left. Im like the blitz from how I met your mother.

Just not for mothering... never for mothering...

Yes, thanks for making that distinction Jandre, it is a light schedule solely meant to get cannabis into flowering as soon as possible with the least amount of energy expended.

Yes, thanks for making that distinction Jandre, it is a light schedule solely meant to get cannabis into flowering as soon as possible with the least amount of energy expended.

Yeah, I use it during final VEG to get them ready to flip as fast as possible once in flower. Takes mere days from final veg to bloom.

Jandre2k3's Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 1

Testing:

04/14/2014
Side B of the box is growing much faster than Side A. There is a plant that is getting very close to being replaced by one of her stronger sisters...

Speaking of strong, the strongest of the brood has reached to high, and like Icarus, has gotten burned. At least now I know the absolute minimum canopy distance... And as luck would have it, it's the same as the HPS counterpart: 8". Eight inches seems to be the bleaching range. So, when it's haircut and Crazy Growth time, that will be my target range from canopy.

Enough talk...

PICS!!

(click the images for full size)

I really like your scientific approach with great explanation and photography.

I'm curious about the bleaching. I'm thinking BID may be on to something with the possiblity of Cal/mag being an issue. I thought light bleaching affected new growth mostly. Those yellow spots look to be localized to a few small areas.

Back
Top Bottom