Jandre2k3's Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 1

Testing:

03/30/2014
Second Day. 9-10" tall

DSCN09426.JPG
DSCN09416.JPG
DSCN09396.JPG
DSCN09406.JPG

Looking great Jandre!!! I'm running Harlequin too in my Intelligent-Gro tent. I read somewhere that harvest time with this strain is key to high CBD's and within a week or so the CBD's can drop to almost in half, any clue as to when to harvest high CBD strains? Obviously trichome color may not be our best indicator. Any words of advice for running harlequin?

Knowledge drop ,Quote from a Steep Hill Lab employee about Harlequin and harvest time.
"We have actually gotten that exact feedback. From what we have seen, strains such as Harlequin (the most common high CBD strain tested in 2011)can sometimes peak their CBD production in week 8 of flower, while THC will not peak until weak 10. Another interesting discovery, is that high CBD strains have been showing their high CBD traits in the early stages of VEG growth, long before flowering. This has the potential to save thousands of hours in breeding projects. You could potentially be testing veg leaf matter as early as 3 weeks, to try and isolate the higher CBD producing strains. Still in the early stages, but the potential is pretty amazing.

As far as Clear>Opaque>Amber questions, it's difficult. Amber trichomes can be a sign of degradation, and should be avoided. Clear trichomes would be too early, and as they turn opaque they hit a brief window of peak maturity. This is where working with the same strain, in the same grow (enviroment) pays off, as you are able to continually dial it out, and even utilize a labs service to check your numbers to see changes happen. " Boom.

Knowledge drop ,Quote from a Steep Hill Lab employee about Harlequin and harvest time.
"We have actually gotten that exact feedback. From what we have seen, strains such as Harlequin (the most common high CBD strain tested in 2011)can sometimes peak their CBD production in week 8 of flower, while THC will not peak until weak 10. Another interesting discovery, is that high CBD strains have been showing their high CBD traits in the early stages of VEG growth, long before flowering. This has the potential to save thousands of hours in breeding projects. You could potentially be testing veg leaf matter as early as 3 weeks, to try and isolate the higher CBD producing strains. Still in the early stages, but the potential is pretty amazing.

As far as Clear>Opaque>Amber questions, it's difficult. Amber trichomes can be a sign of degradation, and should be avoided. Clear trichomes would be too early, and as they turn opaque they hit a brief window of peak maturity. This is where working with the same strain, in the same grow (enviroment) pays off, as you are able to continually dial it out, and even utilize a labs service to check your numbers to see changes happen. " Boom.

@Smoke2Js: :thanks: Quite the helpful post. Plus rep to ye!

Excellent post! Pretty much gives me an idea of what to look for. So I guess probably around the time the trichomes are cloudy, but not amber at all would be good for harlequin then I take it. Thank you for the info and great post!

I always screw up and give reps too early...reps on the second shot too even if I can't mash the satisfying button! Those girls look like they dug right in :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom