Jango's Hydro CFL Snow White Grow! No Dwarves Allowed!

That one looks like someone got a CFL too close (rounded heat damage). Probably not, lol. Then again, (surface temperature on one can reach 154°F) they're somewhat less efficient overall than a 4' tube and concentrated in one area instead of spread out - so if you had a bulb really close with no air movement, that could cause it.

But probably not since that's not the only damaged area.

Hey TS, that actually could be spot on! I thought that might be one of the possible causes for it, my lights around it arent set up the best right now and i have a splitter with 2 bulbs hanging on each side and i think i may have gotten the overhead fixture a bit close on the top the one day too! lol well hopefully thats what it was, i'll keep an eye on it.

I hope you gave her a proper burial it looks like she had a hard life.
Rest assured More positive yields in the future will provide compensation for the ones taken away. Lets all light one up for our fallen homies/homettes?

Hey Godisalie, thanks for stopping by! Yeah life was pretty great for her for most of her life, but man did things change fast!! I would have been much more upset had i lost both of them. But my mother is a week away from being ready to clone and Betty is recovering great too so all is good . . .for now lol. Here's to the fallen :smokin:

Hey Gang, next question is, when leaves have burnt tips etc like in my pics whats the proper action to take? I know your supposed to remove leaves that are more than 50% damaged but when its just tips like that should i snip the bad part off? Or just leave it be?

A bit of an update and some pics. Finished drying my brothers last plant and put in to cure on friday, 19.1g! So the total harvest from all his plants was around 32g, way more than i thought he was going to get! The bug spray also worked VERY well, suck it bugs! So besides my one plant not making it things are back on track and going well! Lets of new root structure and repair from the rot, havent got the hygrozyme yet but definitely will be getting it. Added subculture B which seems to be helping a lot too.

Harvest from brothers last plant :) not the best pic, still using cell phone lol
0513011840.jpg

Bummer . . . . i tried to save her but it got too bad to be worth it. She looks better in the pic than in person!
0516010946.jpg

Sorry for the fallen lady brotha! On the positive side it looks like a fine job done with the salvage nugs. I'm sure the rest of this grow will turn out just fine for ya:peace:

Sorry for the fallen lady brotha! On the positive side it looks like a fine job done with the salvage nugs. I'm sure the rest of this grow will turn out just fine for ya:peace:

Thank u kind sir! The salvage nugs are very nice indeed. The grow is definitely back on the right track. Will be buying a 600w hps system this weekend so huuuge light upgrade for flowering hopefully by the end of next week!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!! :thumb: So i havent posted many updates lately but LOTS of things in the works right now. Gettin ready to start cloning my snow white mother, so thats exciting. Also my new 600 hps setup is on its way and should hopefully be here in a few days! Plus the girls are doing great so all is well! Stand by for pics in the next few days

:happy-birthday: Jango!

:popcorn:

Just wanted to sub to your journal -- I'll have to get caught up later, but I wanted to at least get subbed.

Congrats on the lady parts, btw! Oh, and I've grown 4 or 5 Snow White plants now, so I'm curious to see how it goes for you.

Couple things about Snow White that I've noticed -

*Smells like Juicy Fruit when it's reached cure (I love that!)

*DENSE nugs, for me mostly smaller nugs but yummy and dense. Like little gooey rocks when dried.

*Very potent - excellent narcotic/couch lock effect

*Really stable genetics, and consistent phenos. Never had one hermie on me, and very easy to grow compared to some strains.

My first grow journal (in my signature) had 2 Snow White plants in it. Hope you have an awesome birthday, Jango! :thumb:

:happy-birthday: Jango!

:popcorn:

Just wanted to sub to your journal -- I'll have to get caught up later, but I wanted to at least get subbed.

Congrats on the lady parts, btw! Oh, and I've grown 4 or 5 Snow White plants now, so I'm curious to see how it goes for you.

Couple things about Snow White that I've noticed -

*Smells like Juicy Fruit when it's reached cure (I love that!)

*DENSE nugs, for me mostly smaller nugs but yummy and dense. Like little gooey rocks when dried.

*Very potent - excellent narcotic/couch lock effect

*Really stable genetics, and consistent phenos. Never had one hermie on me, and very easy to grow compared to some strains.

My first grow journal (in my signature) had 2 Snow White plants in it. Hope you have an awesome birthday, Jango! :thumb:

Hey buddy, thanks for the bday wishes again! Yeah i saw your sig over in quix's journal the other day and checked out your SW grow, definitely cool seeing how someone else's grows of the same strain turn out! I got a kick out of how short and bushy they were growing compared to your ppp. Which is exactly how mine are, ridiculously bushy with one heck of a tree trunk on em lol. Now hearing about the smell, potency, and nugs has really got me excited. Pistols are coming in really nicely on mine and my new light showed up today! :yahoo:

Hey buddy, thanks for the bday wishes again! Yeah i saw your sig over in quix's journal the other day and checked out your SW grow, definitely cool seeing how someone else's grows of the same strain turn out! I got a kick out of how short and bushy they were growing compared to your ppp. Which is exactly how mine are, ridiculously bushy with one heck of a tree trunk on em lol. Now hearing about the smell, potency, and nugs has really got me excited. Pistols are coming in really nicely on mine and my new light showed up today! :yahoo:

Congrats on the light, Jango -- that 600 will really perform. Do you have a good ventilation plan? They also put off a ridiculous amount of heat. Let me know if you need any tips/suggestions on ventilation, etc.

I love Snow White - it's one of my favorite strains, which is why I've grown several of them now.

Overall, it's still probably my favorite smelling strains - I think of Juicy Fruit gum every time I smell it. I kid you not, I actually just crack the jar once in a while for a whiff! Always brings a smile to my face. I'm almost out of it, and it makes me sad!

Densest nugs of any plant I've grown yet (granted that's only 7-8 strains).

Flowery fresh taste. Reallllly potent if cured right. Knock you on your butt potent. Careful - for real!

I also like that it is a very easy strain to grow overall. It's fine dealing with pretty wide PH swings, temperature swings, broad humidity comfort zone, and it stays pretty short so it's good for confined spaces. (All of this compared to other strains that can be much less forgiving).

My only criticism of it is that it's never been a huge yielder for me. Average, though, just not huge. Maybe that had to do with my set-up, which was pretty confined, but other strains out -produced Snow White in bud mass most of the time for me. I still got between 1-2 z per plant each time, in a confined grow space, so that's not too bad I guess (good enough for me!)

Lastly, they've been really consistent phenos, (did have one with purpling at the end, though, surprisingly -- it had amazing beautiful buds). Every feminized seed I got was straight female, and had no hermie issues with the Snow White.

Nice job so far, Jango, and congrats on the light upgrade! :thumb:

For inspiration, here's a nug from the last Snow White I grew:

IMG_010311.jpg

Ok Picture update time! So all the girls are doing great, the first pic is of my two mothers, getting hard to take a pic with my cell phone of them! The one on the left is the NL and the right is the SW, which as a said ill be cloning within the next week hopefully.

0524012023b.jpg

This is betty, she's stretching out nicely, she's somewhere around 2 weeks in flowering? Not sure, have to look at the calender later. 2' Tall now! She's gonna LOVE the new light!

0525011049.jpg

Here's a quick pic of the pistils coming in nicely :morenutes:

0524012023.jpg

And last but not least the new light setup! Probably wont have time to hook it up today but tomorrow for sure!

0525011316.jpg

Happy late B day friend, and Congrats on the new equipment i think it should really make a big difference.

Congrats on the light, Jango -- that 600 will really perform. Do you have a good ventilation plan? They also put off a ridiculous amount of heat. Let me know if you need any tips/suggestions on ventilation, etc.

I love Snow White - it's one of my favorite strains, which is why I've grown several of them now.

Overall, it's still probably my favorite smelling strains - I think of Juicy Fruit gum every time I smell it. I kid you not, I actually just crack the jar once in a while for a whiff! Always brings a smile to my face. I'm almost out of it, and it makes me sad!

Densest nugs of any plant I've grown yet (granted that's only 7-8 strains).

Flowery fresh taste. Reallllly potent if cured right. Knock you on your butt potent. Careful - for real!

I also like that it is a very easy strain to grow overall. It's fine dealing with pretty wide PH swings, temperature swings, broad humidity comfort zone, and it stays pretty short so it's good for confined spaces. (All of this compared to other strains that can be much less forgiving).

My only criticism of it is that it's never been a huge yielder for me. Average, though, just not huge. Maybe that had to do with my set-up, which was pretty confined, but other strains out -produced Snow White in bud mass most of the time for me. I still got between 1-2 z per plant each time, in a confined grow space, so that's not too bad I guess (good enough for me!)

Lastly, they've been really consistent phenos, (did have one with purpling at the end, though, surprisingly -- it had amazing beautiful buds). Every feminized seed I got was straight female, and had no hermie issues with the Snow White.

Nice job so far, Jango, and congrats on the light upgrade! :thumb:

For inspiration, here's a nug from the last Snow White I grew:

IMG_010311.jpg

Thanks kind sir! Im really excited to get the light hooked up, I got one of the air cooled hoods so the plan is to run a duct from the bottom of the wall into it with a 6" inline fan pulling air through it and pushing out of a duct at the top of the wall, hopefully that will keep the heat under control. My grow room is in a basement so ive been trying to utilize the cold air down there as well as i can. If you have any better ideas of how i should do it im definitely all ears! Right now i dont really have any air being exhausted out of the room, just fans circulating air, so daytime temps are getting around 80 so id like to bring that down a few degrees, if i can effectively vent most of the heat from the HPS that should help in replacing the cfls cause even using them i have 2 68w, 6 42w, and 2 23w bulbs around it and those put off a pretty good amount of heat already. Humidity is my biggest enemy right now. Staying around 60% and i dont have anything to fix it as of now. Well actually money is my biggest enemy right now lol, i ran out of it!

Im definitely glad i picked snow white for my first hydro grow cause like you said they seem to be VERY forgiving and easy to grow, very vigorous grower too! As for the nug pic, ummm INSPIRED! They need to have a smiley face with a puddle of drool under it but ill just use this one for that nug too! :adore: Cant wait to smell that juicy fruit!

I just realized that being high, I repeated a lot of what I'd already said. Doh!

Anyway, I just wanted to give you as much as I could about my experience with Snow White. :) :bong:

Happy late B day friend, and Congrats on the new equipment i think it should really make a big difference.

Thanks buddy! Cant wait to hook it up! Oh and awesome pics of the bananaberry, that baby looks frosty!

I just realized that being high, I repeated a lot of what I'd already said. Doh!

Anyway, I just wanted to give you as much as I could about my experience with Snow White. :) :bong:

Hahahaha definitely appreciated though. I find there are many things i shouldnt do when im high, just the other day my brother and i were changing the oil on our motorcycles and just hanging out, smoking and bullshitting. So i took off the filter, had a hit or two, new filter, filled the oil up and when checking the level it was way to full so i was like what the hell?! Well DUHHHH i only ever took off the filter and never the plug in the pan so i added all my fresh oil to my old oil! LOL stupid $20 mistake :lot-o-toke:, but at least my bike got a little bit of fresh oil!

Thanks kind sir! Im really excited to get the light hooked up, I got one of the air cooled hoods so the plan is to run a duct from the bottom of the wall into it with a 6" inline fan pulling air through it and pushing out of a duct at the top of the wall, hopefully that will keep the heat under control. My grow room is in a basement so ive been trying to utilize the cold air down there as well as i can. If you have any better ideas of how i should do it im definitely all ears! Right now i dont really have any air being exhausted out of the room, just fans circulating air, so daytime temps are getting around 80 so id like to bring that down a few degrees, if i can effectively vent most of the heat from the HPS that should help in replacing the cfls cause even using them i have 2 68w, 6 42w, and 2 23w bulbs around it and those put off a pretty good amount of heat already. Humidity is my biggest enemy right now. Staying around 60% and i dont have anything to fix it as of now. Well actually money is my biggest enemy right now lol, i ran out of it!

Im definitely glad i picked snow white for my first hydro grow cause like you said they seem to be VERY forgiving and easy to grow, very vigorous grower too! As for the nug pic, ummm INSPIRED! They need to have a smiley face with a puddle of drool under it but ill just use this one for that nug too! :adore: Cant wait to smell that juicy fruit!

Sounds like you have a good plan for ventilation. Cool! I'm assuming your fan is rated appropriately for cooling the 600, but the setup sounds good.

Thanks for the compliments on the nug -- I had some better nugs, but I took this several months after harvest and I'd already vaped most of what I had. :bong:

You did make a good choice for a first hydro grow. I'd recommend SW to anyone new to growing or just new to hydro every time.

Crazy dense, super frosty, easy breezy - gotta love that!

For your humidity and being on a budget -- you can try "Damp Rid". I think you'd find it Home Depot or some similar place. It's a bucket of pellets that "sucks" moisture out of the air. It isn't the best solution, but I've done it, and it helps some. Probably not too expensive, either. Just a thought. Here's basically what I've used:

DampRid 64 oz. Hi-Capacity Moisture Absorber - FG50T at The Home Depot

Sounds like you have a good plan for ventilation. Cool! I'm assuming your fan is rated appropriately for cooling the 600, but the setup sounds good.

Hmmmm i hadnt thought of that, the inline fan i have is from the depot but i think it only rated at like 160 cfm? Seems to me everything i just read recommend a whole lot more than that. I guess i can try it out and see if its gonna need more and go from there! Oh and good link on the moisture absorber stuff, looks like that will really help!

Hmmmm i hadnt thought of that, the inline fan i have is from the depot but i think it only rated at like 160 cfm? Seems to me everything i just read recommend a whole lot more than that. I guess i can try it out and see if its gonna need more and go from there! Oh and good link on the moisture absorber stuff, looks like that will really help!

I'm guessing that fan will be enough for how you're using it Jango. If you were pulling the air through a filter, too, I'd be concerned. If you're just using it through a reflector setup to cool the light I'm thinking you'll probably be okay. But, I've never used a 600, so I'm not totally sure on this either. My guess is you'll be fine if you're just using this to cool the reflector, so to speak. Maybe someone who uses a similar setup can weigh in for you... or like you said, give it a try and return/exchange it if you have to (save the box!).

Back
Top Bottom