Jay's Detailed Soilless Grow

Thanks all! Bummer about the editing posts.. ah well. Can keep track of things I'm learning, and post at the end then :)

Ya the first grow I used a CFL light for seedling.. maybe should have stuck to that? I have my MH on at 18" away, and dimmed to 250w for now.

No sign of life in the weakest seedling.. She might be a goner. Was struggling more right from the get go it seems.

In fact, all but one of these look kinda strange to me :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

1st pic.. cotyledon leaf came out bend (almost folded in 2), the the seedling is growing twisted!
2nd.. Having a hard time to grow first fan leaves it seems? Probably being impatient.
3rd.. Looks nice :)

Screenshot_20190408-163016.pngScreenshot_20190408-163005.pngScreenshot_20190408-163023.png

Thanks all! Bummer about the editing posts.. ah well. Can keep track of things I'm learning, and post at the end then :)

Ya the first grow I used a CFL light for seedling.. maybe should have stuck to that? I have my MH on at 18" away, and dimmed to 250w for now.

No sign of life in the weakest seedling.. She might be a goner. Was struggling more right from the get go it seems.

In fact, all but one of these look kinda strange to me :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

1st pic.. cotyledon leaf came out bend (almost folded in 2), the the seedling is growing twisted!
2nd.. Having a hard time to grow first fan leaves it seems? Probably being impatient.
3rd.. Looks nice :)

Screenshot_20190408-163016.pngScreenshot_20190408-163005.pngScreenshot_20190408-163023.png
they Look fine too me bro they just may be getting too much light you figure until they reach a true veg (4-5 nodes) they won’t ever use more than 25watts in a 1 sq ft area so cfl is definitely the way to go for seedlings and clones here is a pic of my cloning closet may help you with caring fro the babies at this point in life they are very sensitive to exerior stimuli ( heat, cold, light, and humidity) sometimes better to have a stretch than too much youvan always control stretch with a more blue spectrum (cool white fluorescent tubes are my choice that or daylight spectrum) I used my 600w led at half over 3ft from my seedlings with next to no stretch and no light stress but I still say use the 25-50watt tubes they work great

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 38
Nice setup!

I'm growing with a 400w setup too - so i'll keep an close eye on your grow.

Thanks! Really like your set up as well. Beauty. I was going to give you some advice for the seedlings.... but clearly you don't need that!! Haha :thumb: Looking great.

My seedlings seem to love their new light. Again, I was nervous to use only 1 CFL with 4 seedlings, but it is way better than MH on low, that's for sure.
Glad to see you flipped them to a more suitable light source I know it don’t seem like much but believe me the dimmer light is way more healthy for seedling growth give them 1-2 weeks like that than toss in the MH on low and gradually turn it up as the weeks pass you will get more growth more nodes and healthier ladies

One seedling still struggling to grow it seems! Ah well, hopefully she will come around.

The Hindu Kush has a similar look to last time.. dark, heavy, clawing leaves... but I'm certain there is no over watering going on this time.

Screenshot_20190411-143348.png
They look healthy too me brother a little clawing could just be residual fro the MH when seedlings get too much light they will over produce and use allot of nutrients sounds to me like nitrate toxisaty use plain water mist them a couple times a day the Hindu could just be a pheno that pulls allot of N out of the medium too but you are right it’s not over watering it’s just a touch too much nitrogen but with only slight clawing and a darker green I say let her go it won’t kill her she will catch up to herself just don’t feed any nutes until the clawing stops and you get more of a mint green than a dark forest green it also could just be the way that strings structure is there are allot of variables with that they look great too me

Back
Top Bottom