Gelato, Cali Orange & Cheese: HID 400W

Believe these are pistils already?? See plenty of skinny white hairs. Only had 2 nights of 12hr dark.

Screenshot_2019-09-16-14-14-54.pngScreenshot_2019-09-16-14-14-26.pngScreenshot_2019-09-16-13-52-52.pngScreenshot_2019-09-16-13-52-29.png

Hi all! Day 4 of flower. 11 days since 12/12.

Would you guys mess with this canopy?? It's far from perfect, but first time flowering.. might be good!

Screenshot_2019-09-24-12-29-39.png

Meant to take a few pics of bad leaves. Getting a few here and there, and they have an interesting look... Will post when I can. Thanks!

Screenshot_2019-09-24-12-29-05.pngScreenshot_2019-09-24-12-28-21.png20190924_115142.jpg

I've come to realize I always take pics when I "work on" the plants.. Aka, water them... So pics always look a little droopy!

Leaf diagnosis help pleaaasse??

I have a few leaves doing something odd! More are starting to do so, and that's never a good sign.

Old or new, they start yellowing and almost shrinking, but on exactly half of the finger only. Everytime! Will show leaves in different stages of "going bad".

Screenshot_2019-09-24-15-11-07.png
Screenshot_2019-09-24-20-43-03.png
Screenshot_2019-09-24-15-10-52.png
Screenshot_2019-09-24-15-10-23.png

Thanks!!

Ooh... Also note, I started my LST by jamming steal wire in the soil. They are almost guaranteed rusty by now. Could have something to do with er?

Hey haven't been by in awhile so congrats on the flip! Not sure what could be causing the leaf issue but emilya is the one to get answers from. She did mention bugs make sure you check the bottoms of the leaves that's where the bugs like to hide.

Hi all! Day 4 of flower. 11 days since 12/12.

Would you guys mess with this canopy?? It's far from perfect, but first time flowering.. might be good!

Screenshot_2019-09-24-12-29-39.png

Meant to take a few pics of bad leaves. Getting a few here and there, and they have an interesting look... Will post when I can. Thanks!

Screenshot_2019-09-24-12-29-05.pngScreenshot_2019-09-24-12-28-21.png20190924_115142.jpg

I've come to realize I always take pics when I "work on" the plants.. Aka, water them... So pics always look a little droopy!

Plants look good so far ... and the canopy is pretty even!

You've got good spacing between your budlets so they can get enough air & light to bloom properly.

I'm assuming you've already lollipopped ... have good air circulation ... and you are going to keep as many of the fan leaves now so they can power the development of the buds.

They are going to stretch now for a week or so ... this is where you may need to bend some of the very fast growing branches to slow their growth.

Here's an article from our sponsor ... How to Control Stretching: Reigning in Cannabis Growth Spurts

Leaf diagnosis help pleaaasse??

I have a few leaves doing something odd! More are starting to do so, and that's never a good sign.

Old or new, they start yellowing and almost shrinking, but on exactly half of the finger only. Everytime! Will show leaves in different stages of "going bad".

Screenshot_2019-09-24-15-11-07.png
Screenshot_2019-09-24-20-43-03.png
Screenshot_2019-09-24-15-10-52.png
Screenshot_2019-09-24-15-10-23.png

Thanks!!

Ooh... Also note, I started my LST by jamming steal wire in the soil. They are almost guaranteed rusty by now. Could have something to do with er?

Any possibility that this is a type of mosaic virus? Possibly TMV?

tobacco-mosaic-virus-cannabis.jpg

3) 400w lights came with tent purchase. MH was broken, so I bought new one. The ones that came with tent are online cheap. The new purchase was from store and rather pricey. Anyone know if this FloraSun is way better and be worth buying a more expensive HPS as well?

I've used the FloraSun and also the Hortilux bulbs in the past. Some folks swear by them and won't use anything else. But I've been using the cheap Plantmax bulbs recently and can't tell the difference. I replace bulbs after two grows, so unless I can be convinced otherwise, I'll gladly spend $25 on the 1000w Plantmax HPS (or around $10 for the 400w MH) rather that $100 on the better bulbs.

@Emilya I added the sentence about the LST steel wire after, so makes sense you didn't address it :) Thanks for the info about that! Was a little worried..

I'm happy to say I did a very thorough look for bugs and wasn't able to find any... So hopefully they aren't there. Used naked eye, and 60x magnification.. All looked ok!

@N420 Thanks for dropping by again! Appreciate the company.

@SQl2kGuy Thank you! And thanks for the article to read. I haven't lollipoped the plants yet.. perhaps I need to do this?? Too be honest, wasn't planned.. may have overlooked this important step.

@Phaaaze Great to have ya! The more the merrier. Always appreciate the company.

@JCTJ Hey, thanks! That does look exactly like what my plants (or atleast one plant mostly) seems to be doing. Going to look into that for sure. Thanks

@MotaFina Hey! Great helpful experience thank you. I'm likely going to use the cheaper bulb I currently have.. will take your opinion! Shouldn't effect quality or yield too much wouldn't think.

@DonkeyDick Hey! Thanks for reading. Appreciate all the thumbs up and laughs :)

@Emilya I added the sentence about the LST steel wire after, so makes sense you didn't address it :) Thanks for the info about that! Was a little worried..

I'm happy to say I did a very thorough look for bugs and wasn't able to find any... So hopefully they aren't there. Used naked eye, and 60x magnification.. All looked ok!

@N420 Thanks for dropping by again! Appreciate the company.

@SQl2kGuy Thank you! And thanks for the article to read. I haven't lollipoped the plants yet.. perhaps I need to do this?? Too be honest, wasn't planned.. may have overlooked this important step.

@Phaaaze Great to have ya! The more the merrier. Always appreciate the company.

@JCTJ Hey, thanks! That does look exactly like what my plants (or atleast one plant mostly) seems to be doing. Going to look into that for sure. Thanks

@MotaFina Hey! Great helpful experience thank you. I'm likely going to use the cheaper bulb I currently have.. will take your opinion! Shouldn't effect quality or yield too much wouldn't think.

@DonkeyDick Hey! Thanks for reading. Appreciate all the thumbs up and laughs :)

Lollipopping is a pretty standard practice ... if you don't want to take off the lower fan leaves ... then at least clip the little budlets which won't grow very well down there.

Maybe post a nice side shot of your plants ... before & after would be educational ...

I know there is one popular website that diagnoses the extremely rare Tobacco Mosaic Virus quite regularly... I see bugs, they see TMV. I don't believe the TMV diagnosis simply because it is so rare that most of us will never see it in a lifetime of growing... so how come you got so lucky? Do you smoke cigars in your grow tent? Just curious.
I still think it looks like bug damage. Why would such a horrible virus only attack one finger of random leaves? Wouldn't it make sense that a "virus" would be attacking the entire plant and those around it instead of just one finger here and there?

Ya not too sure myself... And haven't had a chance to read about this virus yet :( Even though I couldn't find bugs, they are always a possibility. Will still keep an eye open. Oh and no, no smoking other than weed near my grow room!

I read that defoliation during the stretch isn't always a great idea. Just cause it slows the stretching?? Is there a common time people tend to lollipop? But yes, I will clip some lower stuff and do before and afters. Good idea :)

Here's a couple healthy shots :)

Screenshot_2019-09-25-18-36-12.pngScreenshot_2019-09-25-18-39-43.png

Ok lollipoped one plant.. Only did one because my research (ok, not research.. Google lol) confused me.. It would only make sense to me to take off everything under a certain point.. A lot of what I read made it sound like only fan leafs got trimmed?? Wouldn't think so, but never done it either :)

So did one.. taking off everything.

Screenshot_2019-09-26-16-38-05.pngScreenshot_2019-09-26-16-37-55.pngScreenshot_2019-09-26-16-37-37.png

Didn't do a before picture this time around sorry.

Back
Top Bottom