JBC's Super Soil - Fully Organic 4x Blue Mystic + 1x CH9 Jack FEMS

ok, i think i missed something here. is that to say that they aren't in veg from day 1? if that's the case, what characteristic tells you it's starting to veg?

mine are starting to stink. i moved them to the bathroom today because the dish network guys are comin over. that whole bathroom smells like my old dorm room now.
:rofl: Seedlings usually for a couple weeks under light 24/7 low nutrients increasing as they grow older, then for vegetative growth I switch lights to 12 on, 5 1/2 off, 1 on, 5 1/2 off, repeat AKA Gas Light Routine (GLR) that might be the distinction he was trying to make.:cheesygrinsmiley:
:tokin:

Yeah Hozona right, I sort of count veg as when they get their true 5 leaf or maybe nice big 3s. Like Hoz says they seedlings till then, but I dont give them light feeds I still just watering. And as far as GLR goes I did it on AK but like Cultivator and Vick says recently, you may seem like you save electric but you arent really as veg is longer.

i have my seedlings under 600w minimum from sprouting. I still use cfls in some cases where i havent upgraded. I used to use cfls for few weeks then veg under 600w hps or mh. Now i start right there. I can get a seed to flower in less than 4 weeks in 6.5 litre pot with 50/50 coco/perlite and still yield no less than 2 quality oz per plant but anything up to 4.25oz per plant. True veg is when real leaves show definately, but as soon as first leaves show after cotyldons i feed. I dont feed much. I dont saturate the media. I go straight to 6.5litre pot. I will start by feeding 50%nute and use a syringe giving 50ml per feed daily week 1. i then up it to 100% and 150ml week 2 then 300ml 100% week3 and 4. 300ml per day all the way through flower. either feed,feed, water or feed,feed,feed,feed,feed, water. The first is the same measurements whether its feed or water. and the latter i add double the amount of water.

Follow that from seed in coco or hydro and u wont go wrong. Cant say about soil as its been a long time since ive grown in soil and i wasnt as experienced back then.

How many mil of feed you putting in the mix cultivator? How much of what in the 50ml. This is great coco info!

I had good sucess in the past with coco then when I tried to treat it like a hydro medium and keep it wet it all went wrong.

No worries mate, Im loving the community here and all the knowledge being shared.

Yeah cultivator if you could send me whats in your res I would really appreciate that. As I do only 6 , if I use coco again I will use it but cut it to a gallon res myself.

Cheers mate!

heres an example of my veg res, i have different mixes for diff stages but this veg mix wont do u wrong. make sure u allow dry periods or follow the way i do it above, dont saturate coco. plants dont like it saturated.

heres what would be in my veg mix. im using mls/litre

lets take a 100litre res to keep it simple then u can work from that.

Dutch pro A+B coco soft water 350/400ml
voodoo juice 200ml
pirahana 25/30grams
b-52 100ml
House and Garden Drip Clean 10ml
Cannazym 250ml
Liquid Carboload 50ml
PH- grow (nitric acid) ph to 5.5/5.6

This is great info cultivator, thanks mate!!!!!

I'l give it a go definately one time as when I used coco I got some great plants but then when I did the whole "Keep the medium wet" like canna suggested and my friend , I went wrong. Bad wrong and couldnt help them as i rotted their roots.

Here are a few pictures of my earlier coco grows.

You got a good point though as in dont saturate because when I switched from soil to coco and treated it like soil, mostly dry, I had good success. But then I wanted to try the super soil's which is working great for me at the min.

This is not my current, this is 2 year old coco grow.

100_27791.JPG
100_2830.JPG
100_29651.JPG

100_29821.JPG
100_30082.JPG

should have stuck it out with the coco ;)

HGhaha yeh maybe, but I like to test all sides and one day know what is the best for me. 1 thing I know is no plant I have ever had is growing as fast as my super soil ones now. And I havent opened my nute cupboard yet and wont be.

Thought I might as well do an update as i'm loving the growth.

Day 14 from germ!! :)

MIxed another 22litre into my super soil mix as I have 6 plants not 4.

11ltre John Innes
5litre horse manure compost
5litre perlite
I added only a couple of TBSP of fish,blood,bone meal.
1tbsp epsom salts
1tbsp calcium carbonate
1tbsp microhizzae
left out the bird guano and worm castings as i'm going to use them in the compost teas for veg and flower.

That will prob cook for another week for re-pot to final 2gal pots.

I will top and LST 6 to fill my 1200mm x 600mm space.

DSCN06615.JPG

DSCN06606.JPG

:peace:

So the Super Soil mix is the same as original added like 33% extra. Thereabouts.

Noooooo why did you do this to me jon? Your breaking my balls man! :)

Great video. I wonder what the organic soil is though. Its not like you cant grow bigger plants than that in soil. Still a good point though. Definately will be throwing some AMS outdoor somewhere in summer! Thanks for link mate.

you can grow bigger but the point I was trying to make is both of those plants were in the same room under the same conditions vegged the same amount of time and the results speak for themselves bro.If your growing just for yourself and yield isnt important then supersoils is probably the way to go, flavor and the ease of a water only system is easier for sure.

Yeah mine is purely personal, Started back after crap weather now, so back building things again.

I also cut cannabis out of my weekly squedule as it was just boring! I ended up just bumbing a lot. Prefer to save it till im doing nothing or partying or whatever. Just chilling on it all but love to garden!!!!!

But defo not changing my setup just yet. May go do a coco one soon as I have MANY nutes and my cupboards are filling up!

It is a great comparison though cant argue with that!! I'l rep you for that comparison as i've always wondered under exact conditions. Cant rep you yet though mate.

the greenhouse seeds strain videos are excellent. those guys really know there stuff for sure. And like jon says it shows side by side comparisons on a like for like basis, same time, same environment etc. shows the difference like for like with hydro massively. hydro wins most of the time but not always. White widow out performs in soil which is very unusual and against the grain, which is a bummer cos my pals love WW and i stick to hydro/coco haha

Back
Top Bottom