JBC's Super Soil - Fully Organic 4x Blue Mystic + 1x CH9 Jack FEMS

Haha 100 of them , good plan! Only grew a few auto's myself and they were just space fillers in 12/12 rooms. I do know auto's outdoor is a good idea though as you can flower in the height of summer. I was going to do it last year but weather said NO. Will be on it this year regardless so we can help each other mate.

You wont need to use nutes with auto's if you get a half decent soil mix. Ive used soil properly for a few years now but went to coco very recent and found problems so back to soil. I've had light soil mixes myself that didnt need feeding until flower but I fed them anyway which they didn't like.
Get a good soil mix with some Rock Phosphate and Potash for a natural PK for flower. The soil will take care of veg. Plus outdoors the rain has Nitrogen and other elements in.

Here is an outdoor one I did in soil 2 years ago , but turned out to be male so I give up on him. But he did just fine in soil.

100_28461.JPG
100_36411.JPG
100_3642.JPG
100_32841.JPG

There was no yellowing until flower but I didnt care then and just left it.

I'm in! Gonna be nice to see how the soil mix and compost tea performs.

Good luck mate but I know you won't need it. :thumb:

Mate I do need it lol! Send some green karma over haha. They looking good today but still only in my little seed mix. I'l get a pic of the start later or tomorrow. They still too young to be showing their bits yet haha.

im here for the show

Hey geturgrowon, Nice to have you here man, more the merrier .

just curious what issues u had with coco mate? it might be a good idea to add some to ur soil mix to make it lighter. i love coco :)

I had a problem with coco which was my problem not the coco's. If I had enough money I defo would of bought some coco for the mix but the john innes strong mix had some coco anyway. But I'm using perlite anyway, but I know what you saying, roots love coco!!

The mix up I had using coco alone was over watering. I read and got told to keep the medium wet and fed and I ended up over watering and over feeding and potting to soil to save the grow. I know coco is good I just tried to treat it more like Hydro like Canna suggest so you use all their nutes. Plus I was using cfl not HID for them so they didnt need as much as was recommended anyway.

But i'm into soil as its Natural and Organic , why add all these addatives to mediums just invented to save peat when soil has been doing it for billions of years no troubles. Just seems more natural and the way to go. Plus I dont have to use my PH pen and PH Down sh*t, I just water and they happy. If they need anything they will get a compost tea of ingredients they already have so no shock to the plants.

But you're right coco is great in soil mixes, I was just on a bit of a budget. If you look at that outdoor male that soil mix has coco in it as you can see.

yeah nute companys like u to use as much as their shit as possible! Its ok as a guide but best to figure out what works ur self. u can get real real great grows from coco but everyone has their own preferences.

Yeah I know mate , few of my friends use it with great results. I'm just trying to keep things clean and natural with no nutes.

im subbed for this one, currently 4-5weeks into true flower in organic mix too...by the time your into week 4-5 of flower your girls will smell 100% identical to how they are explained on the packet. by far the best smelling weed ive ever smelt, my whole backyard smells like candy! my mix was 2yr old horse manure(50ltrs) , cow manure (50ltrs), 40ltrs combo of chicken sheep poo and blood bone mixture, around 100ltrs of plain organic potting soil, lots of grass clippings and compost material. im in a 400ltr bin that i worked over for 3months prior to planting. you cant dig an inch down without finding worms. they are that strong in numbers the level of the soil line has sunk 4inchs in 2 months. ( and with that comes "worm castings") organics is AMAZING!!!!!

Hey Deception welcome, good to have you onbourd especially if your doing this sort of mix now.

Have you fed them anything at all, compost tea's or anything? Mine are happy at the min in the seedling mix but its still only a week old today, aaw. :) I have mine cooking now like you say in a bin, but mine is a massive bucket. Do you keep the mix damp the whole time. Mine is but not mega damp but it does grow the mould a bit. I'm testing some baby peppers in the mix now to see if its too hot, but they prob been in it 2 week and they fine and only young.

OK thought I might as well show them a Week old :) There still looks to be a runt but i'm not too bothered about that as I' not going to keep all six, maybe the best 4. If I get a clip on fan for the canopy I can make 4 fill my 1200mm x 600mm space.

Probably have 3 of the best Blue MYSTIC AND 1 ch9 Jack.

Moved light up to take the pictures. Its down another 2inch and level now.
DSCN05693.JPG
DSCN05713.JPG
DSCN05755.JPG

Hey!
just read this upto here' may tag along?
blue mystic has crossed my mind a few times! have you done it b4?
all the best with the rest..peace..

Hey Herbalizer , welcome , pull up a chair mate.

Yeh done 1 Blue Mystic auto , Was really happy with the end product especially the structure and density of the nugs. There a couple of pics in the journal below, didnt have a camera for some of it so only a few.

Well it was pretty accurate to the breeder review really. Quite neutral during flower but when you've cut it down it smells so sweet, like a mix of a Blueberry smell mixed with some fruityness. It still smells a bit during flower but not too much. I liked the Auto so I'm trying the Fem's now.

Hey JBC!!! Looks like you have a mighty fine soil mixture going on and the girls are looking really happy !!! I will be subbed for your grow for sure!

Hey JBC!!! Looks like you have a mighty fine soil mixture going on and the girls are looking really happy !!! I will be subbed for your grow for sure!

Hey Icemud, good to have another skilled soil head here :) They are only on the seedling mix at the min, its not that rich yet.

Hey Deception welcome, good to have you onbourd especially if your doing this sort of mix now.

Have you fed them anything at all, compost tea's or anything? Mine are happy at the min in the seedling mix but its still only a week old today, aaw. :) I have mine cooking now like you say in a bin, but mine is a massive bucket. Do you keep the mix damp the whole time. Mine is but not mega damp but it does grow the mould a bit. I'm testing some baby peppers in the mix now to see if its too hot, but they prob been in it 2 week and they fine and only young.

i am growing in a 400LTR apple bin so my "tub" is huge lol. i worked the mix over every single day for at least 2 months prior to planting. i drenched it numerous times at different parts of the days to tests how well the mix held water. i also allowed the bin to dry out the top half completely to know how long it took to do so. i have found growing in a container this big the most critical thing to know is water holding. the only problems i have encountered while in the bin ( nearly 3 months ) was due to water holding on the bottom half of the bin. you can pretty much not water for 3-4 weeks and still be fine depending how big your tub is. as far as feeding went i fed her up until she went into the bin ( she was nearly 2 months old at that stage ) and since in the bin i have fed her prob no more than 4 times ( over 3 months ) if you have a large amount of worms in there, they do everything for you. the only thing i have added has been through flower with just a few doses of potash.

Back
Top Bottom