Katins's First Bagseed Micro Grow - Soil & CFL's

Re: Katins's First Bagseed Micro Grow - Soil & CFL's

Evening report:
420-magazine-mobile1420381096.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1193674383.jpg

And I guess it is this time of the grow... how long now?
420-magazine-mobile1807802409.jpg

420-magazine-mobile696346707.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1576468741.jpg

420-magazine-mobile813189084.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1894226684.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1031854346.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1508706518.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1656593283.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1983340029.jpg

Pot weight 3630 g

Mostly cloudy and a few clear still I'd say minimum two weeks. By the way try to snap pics of the buds not the fan leaves. You will notice most of the times the leaves get a ton of amber before the buds start really getting any amber. They look great though hope you come close to your goal.

Re: Katins's First Bagseed Micro Grow - Soil & CFL's

Mostly cloudy and a few clear still I'd say minimum two weeks. By the way try to snap pics of the buds not the fan leaves. You will notice most of the times the leaves get a ton of amber before the buds start really getting any amber. They look great though hope you come close to your goal.
Those are sugar leaves, or how do you call them. Can't get any closer to the buds. See there are pistils in a couple of shots.

By the way, two QB120's are on their way... will be upgrading a bit for the next grow :)

Those are sugar leaves, or how do you call them. Can't get any closer to the buds. See there are pistils in a couple of shots.

By the way, two QB120's are on their way... . will be upgrading a bit for the next grow :)

Good job you will notice a hell of a difference with it too... less watts more power lol one 65W QB outperforms 185W CFL . buds for days lol. The buds themselves have trichomes on them as well they are packed with them it can be a bit hard to look at the buds themselves but you want to make a point to do so before you chop... Even if you need to chop a small cola when you are about ready so you can trim it and then look at it while it's stationary and easier to view if that makes sense. So keep checking how you are and when you think you may be ready I'd recommend just chopping a small one so you can put it on a table and view it better and really look at the trichomes that are stacked on the bud itself as they develop more it may be easier to get those shots.

Looks really good Katins, definitely trust LedGuy on the timing and he's right about the trich's on the leaves, they will turn well before the trichs on the buds.

you're gonna LOVE the Qb120's :cheer:

Yup, mostly cloudy so amber is on the way, if you can find a way to get more CO2 in there it will come much much faster. They typically don't like as much CO2 at the end of their cycle but i can tell you from experience that CO2 is the real deal for your next grow.

Then I wonder about a slight salt buildup maybe. In any case the plant looks healthy and happy and that's really the only thing that matters. Nice job.
Doubt it. Even if so, shouldn't 25 days of plain water be enough to flush them..?
Leaves are turning yellow, like chlorosis effect. Tips are browning. She shows signs of defficiencys to me if anything.. that is why it is so confusing :) but what the hell, it is her final weeks, think she will make it anyway :)

Doubt it. Even if so, shouldn't 25 days of plain water be enough to flush them..?
Leaves are turning yellow, like chlorosis effect. Tips are browning. She shows signs of defficiencys to me if anything.. that is why it is so confusing :) but what the hell, it is her final weeks, think she will make it anyway :)

Hey K

Are the yellowing leaves mostly lower fan leaves? Cause it's hard to see any yellowing in the pics. If it's just fans yellowing this can be a normal part of the ripening process. Some plant end up dropping all their leaves by the time their ready. Think it's strain dependent how much this happens.

As for the tip burn, if it's not getting any worse I wouldn't worry. But brown tips is too much nute, not deficiency I'm pretty sure. And heaps of the top quality grows round here have a little tip burn in the final stages. PPM run off I know little about except that I've heard that in soil it can be very misleading.

Your plant is looking excellent from the pics!! ..

There are different schools of thought about when to harvest. Some like 50/50 amber/cloudy, others mostly cloudy/little clear and everything in between. Again it can reportedly be strain dependent. I've read that for better CBD you don't want too much amber. Also, it's true that the amber indicates THC degrading a bit. It's something you'll work out your preferences for as you go. Indeed some people suggest to go by the ripening of the hairs, but some strains don't do this. If I were you I'd read up a bit on this and the 'harvest window' and make your decision based on what you're wanting the plant to do for you. Some would say you're very close to the harvest window now (or will be in a week). You could always stagger your harvest a bit to see the differences.

Hey K

Are the yellowing leaves mostly lower fan leaves? Cause it's hard to see any yellowing in the pics. If it's just fans yellowing this can be a normal part of the ripening process. Some plant end up dropping all their leaves by the time their ready. Think it's strain dependent how much this happens.

As for the tip burn, if it's not getting any worse I wouldn't worry. But brown tips is too much nute, not deficiency I'm pretty sure. And heaps of the top quality grows round here have a little tip burn in the final stages. PPM run off I know little about except that I've heard that in soil it can be very misleading.

Your plant is looking excellent from the pics!! ..

There are different schools of thought about when to harvest. Some like 50/50 amber/cloudy, others mostly cloudy/little clear and everything in between. Again it can reportedly be strain dependent. I've read that for better CBD you don't want too much amber. Also, it's true that the amber indicates THC degrading a bit. It's something you'll work out your preferences for as you go. Indeed some people suggest to go by the ripening of the hairs, but some strains don't do this. If I were you I'd read up a bit on this and the 'harvest window' and make your decision based on what you're wanting the plant to do for you. Some would say you're very close to the harvest window now (or will be in a week). You could always stagger your harvest a bit to see the differences.

Cheers Amy!
The yellowing leaves are in the very middle of all dimensions. Not the oldest, not the youngest. Tips are brown, and besides that, there are brown dots going deeper into the leaf, but still on the tips.
But, like I said, what the hell :)

Regarding the harvest, I like to be able to move after I smoke, as I usually play golf while baked, or do other active stuff :) So I guess I won't go untill a lot amber. Will see what she look like in a week or so and then decide.

Cheers Amy!
The yellowing leaves are in the very middle of all dimensions. Not the oldest, not the youngest. Tips are brown, and besides that, there are brown dots going deeper into the leaf, but still on the tips.
But, like I said, what the hell :)

Regarding the harvest, I like to be able to move after I smoke, as I usually play golf while baked, or do other active stuff :) So I guess I won't go untill a lot amber. Will see what she look like in a week or so and then decide.

I'm the same. As soon as I see an amber on the buds (not the leaves - as was mentioned by someone else above) - I chop!

Exciting times... she's close!

Yeah - on the swollen parts of the buds. Kind of between the sugar leaves and the pistils...

Take a closeup if that part of the bud - or even just a closeup of the whole top of a cola, & zoom in. Check out a few places and a few colas... I use a 10x jewellers loupe to look at mine, as well as the macro feature in an old digital camera.

Back
Top Bottom